Mail a first rounder | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

I hate this. "It's his right to go, but he definitely isn't ready for the NBA and will suck when he gets there." How the hell do you know he isn't ready? How do you define "ready"? Myles Turner on the Pacers had four double doubles TOTAL as a freshman just last year in college at Texas. Was he "ready"? Now is playing fantastic in his first playoffs in his first season! Let the playas play.
Myles Turner was the number 2 recruit in the nation in 2014. Everyone knew he was going to be a one and done guy.
Myles Turner is not anything like Malachi Richardson. Richardson was never seen as a one and done guy he was a top 25 recruit.
Turner is also a big guy those guys get drafted on potential more than SGs.

Good job disagreeing with me. Richardson will not piss me off he leaves as I have said I don't blame kids for wanting to get paid. Look at most 1st round picks in his position he will not play next year. If he wants to get paid go ahead but I don't see him as an NBA player next year. If you can't make all-conference team that shows you aren't consistent. If he can get drafted good for him.

I hate this. "It's his right to go, but he definitely isn't ready for the NBA and will suck when he gets there." How the hell do you know he isn't ready? How do you define "ready"? Myles Turner on the Pacers had four double doubles TOTAL as a freshman just last year in college at Texas. Was he "ready"? Now is playing fantastic in his first playoffs in his first season! Let the playas play.

We have seen plenty of Malchi this year, and we have seen plenty of college basketball to know who is nba ready, and who isn't. Thats not to say he keeps his name in the draft, gets drafted 37th, and a few years down the line becomes a terrific player. I don't really see why coming back for another year to work on your game is a bad thing.

People are making too much of this. Years ago people laughed at Kwami Brown after he struggled in the NBA. A very famous story discussed how immature he was and just didn't know how to order food at restaurants or how to live on the road.

The media made a big deal of it back then...but now their making fun of it now. The point is some of these kids have no idea how to live on their own and it affects the way they play.

Pretty Simple he wants to get paid to improve instead of playing for free. I can't blame him if he thinks like that. It is frustrating because the kid would get more PT here than in the NBDL but if he goes its his decision.

I just don't get why our coaches never get a break with kids returning. I can't think of a kid since Hak Warrick in 2004 who stayed an extra year when they would have been a first round pick.
Just so that you know, as of right now, Mali is leaning on coming back. That, of course, could change.

People are making too much of this. Years ago people laughed at Kwami Brown after he struggled in the NBA. A very famous story discussed how immature he was and just didn't know how to order food at restaurants or how to live on the road.

The media made a big deal of it back then...but now their making fun of it now. The point is some of these kids have no idea how to live on their own and it affects the way they play.

Thats why these drafts are such a crapshoot, you can have all the talent in the world, but no one knows how a kid is going to react to being handed millions of dollars.

Just for to make sure everyone is on same page...

Freshman that went in the 17-25 range since 2010:
Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Tony Wroten, James Young, Tyler Ennis, Rashad Vaughn, Tyus Jones

Plenty of these types of guys have been successful and certainly would be worth selecting if you are a team looking to stash talent.

I'm confused. In a prior thread when I mentioned nbadraft.net had Mali at 17 I was told by several posters that the site was garbage. Many posters, including Francis, said only draft express and Ford were worth following because they had NBA contacts.

Now Ford is garbage too?
I don't remember the who, only Francis and others. Maybe you were one. But some said ford and draft express were the good ones.
And I haven't said anything differently about that.

Just for to make sure everyone is on same page...

Freshman that went in the 17-25 range since 2010:
Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Tony Wroten, James Young, Tyler Ennis, Rashad Vaughn, Tyus Jones

Plenty of these types of guys have been successful and certainly would be worth selecting if you are a team looking to stash talent.

Interesting mix there. The first 3 are locks to have long careers barring injury. Wroten could go either way, depending on how he comes back from his injury. Ennis and Jones have much to prove if they're going to stick. Vaughn and Young, it's really not looking good for so far.

Francis03 said:
And I haven't said anything differently about that.

I know. I just remember the thread and you're the only name I could remember that said DX and Ford were the best. It was just a recollection thing. Mainly commenting that now some people say Ford is garbage. Me thinks they just don't like him moving Mali up.

I know. I just remember the thread and you're the only name I could remember that said DX and Ford were the best. It was just a recollection thing. Mainly commenting that now some people say Ford is garbage. Me thinks they just don't like him moving Mali up.

That's BS. Who said he was "garbage" in this thread? I've seen posters suggest that his projections aren't gospel at this stage of the pre-draft season, before the combine, etc. -- which they are not. I've seen posters question his rankings, which seem to rate Richardson quite a bit higher than what other reputable sources have him rated.

Both of which are different things than saying he's garbage. I'm not going to read back through the entire thread, so if someone said he's "garbage," I'll stand corrected. But that wasn't how I interpreted the various posts in this thread the last few days.

Last edited:
That's BS. Who said he was "garbage" in this thread? I've seen posters suggest that his projections aren't gospel at this stage of the pre-draft season, before the combine, etc. -- which they are not. I've seen posters question his rankings, which seem to rate Richardson quite a bit higher than what other sources have him rated.

Both of which are different things than saying he's garbage.

There are some people on this board who just want to create drama where there is none. Those people are contrarians to the ninth degree. It is unfortunate but a fact few have the gumption to point out.

It's nice to be back from a week-long break. I had to take care of some personal stuff and have not been even reading the board. I also stayed off Twitter since last week after seeing a stream of vitriol towards Malachi. I occasionally have some worthwhile things to post on my Twitter if you'd like to follow me (see below).

By the way, RF2044 , you've got mail.

I think it's common knowledge that Givony/DX and Ford have legitimate connections. If anybody is garbage it's the NBADraft.net guys who come up with the stuff from mom's basement most likely.

That's BS. Who said he was "garbage" in this thread? I've seen posters suggest that his projections aren't gospel at this stage of the pre-draft season, before the combine, etc. -- which they are not. I've seen posters question his rankings, which seem to rate Richardson quite a bit higher than what other reputable sources have him rated.

Both of which are different things than saying he's garbage.

It's not BS. It's my word but many similar words have certainly been used.

I would like him fired. Ford is blowing air up his skirt. Take him with a grain of salt. He's not connected to anyone in the NBA (even though that was one of the reasons given why he is a good source compared to other sites). Ford is terrible. Ford is Lunardi 2.0. Ford is a hack.

So yea, since those statements above weren't used in the other thread where nbadraft.net was said to be garbage and Ford was recommended, I'm going to sum those statements up and use the general synonym garbage.

I think it's common knowledge that Givony/DX and Ford have legitimate connections. If anybody is garbage it's the NBADraft.net guys who come up with the stuff from mom's basement most likely.

Then why have so many now taken shots at Ford?

It's not BS. It's my word but many similar words have certainly been used.

I would like him fired. Ford is blowing air up his skirt. Take him with a grain of salt. He's not connected to anyone in the NBA (even though that was one of the reasons given why he is a good source compared to other sites). Ford is terrible. Ford is Lunardi 2.0. Ford is a hack.

So yea, since those statements above weren't used in the other thread where nbadraft.net was said to be garbage and Ford was recommended, I'm going to sum those statements up and use the general synonym garbage.

Right, but "take him with a grain of salt" isn't "garbage."

Not sure what there is to feel so indignant about.

Just so that you know, as of right now, Mali is leaning on coming back. That, of course, could change.

With all due respect, how could he even know at this point. He hasnt worked out or participated in the combine. legit question.

RF2044 said:
Right, but "take him with a grain of salt" isn't "garbage." Not sure what there is to feel so indignant about.

I said the sum of all the statements. I didn't point out a single statement nor poster. But the tone about Ford in the other thread vs this one is night and day.

With all due respect, how could he even know at this point. He hasnt worked out or participated in the combine. legit question.
I believe I said that it could change. And it could. He does great at the combine, or some G.M. says man, I will take Mali at 15 if he is available, and Mali is gone. But short of that, it is more likely than not, he comes back. I'm hearing that he leans that way. That is what I meant or thought I was saying.

I believe I said that it could change. And it could. He does great at the combine, or some G.M. says man, I will take Mali at 15 if he is available, and Mali is gone. But short of that, it is more likely than not, he comes back. I'm hearing that he leans that way. That is what I meant or thought I was saying.

Fair enough but could equally spin your post into hes leaning towards going if he gets first round guarantee. I think hes gone if that happens. I am not buying him turning down a late first round pick like others are insinuating.

He still has to get invited to the combine.

In fairness, Dasher has pretty good sources...

I bet he does. Im just throwing my opinion out there based on what I see written. I think he wants to go badly and any first round guarantee gets it done.

I think he wants to go badly and any first round guarantee gets it done.

I agree that a first round guarantee probably has MR hitting the ejector seat button, but on what are you basing the first part of your sentence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom