Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton | Syracusefan.com

Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton

Drive down and come to the game. Your first PBR is on me.

I (crossing my fingers) am saving my trip for an NCAA game which seemed like a lock a week ago.

Valpo and Wichita State don't have superior resumes to us. Monmouth should get in no matter what. We need a win but this matchup is so terrible and with our tendencies to never switch it up I expect a L and to sweat it out on Sunday.

We need St. Mary's to beat Gonzaga tonight.

Valpo and Wichita State don't have superior resumes to us. Monmouth should get in no matter what. We need a win but this matchup is so terrible and with our tendencies to never switch it up I expect a L and to sweat it out on Sunday.

We need St. Mary's to beat Gonzaga tonight.
I just cant see how we get a bid if we lose.

We would be 19-13
9-10 in the ACC
Losers of 5 out of our last 6
RPI will probably go to 65-68 with a loss

It would take a miracle

The way things broke last night we are left with

Win and in
Lose and NIT

and by win and in I mean win and probably get the Dayton slot.
I hope winning Wednesday guarantees we get Dayton. I'm starting to wonder if that will be enough. I hope I am dead wrong. Let's just win Wednesday!!!

I just cant see how we get a bid if we lose.

We would be 19-13
9-10 in the ACC
Losers of 5 out of our last 6
RPI will probably go to 65-68 with a loss

It would take a miracle
Not really the bubble is pure crap. Unless the teams below won games against NCAAT worthy competition they wouldn't move up.
Losers of 5 of 6 don't matter. It is all about whom you have beaten and where have you played.

We played 2 true road games, 3 neutral site games in the non-conference that is huge.
Wins away from home against Texas A&M, Connecticut, Duke.

They won 17 road games.
Beat UCLA and Georgetown on the road.
Beat Southern California and Notre Dame on neutral court.

The tournament is about Cinderellas I would give them berth.
4 of those 17 road games were neutral. Which is still very good but when you consider how many of those are dregs...

UCLA and Georgetown both have losing records. Those aren't impressive wins.

USC and Notre Dame are good wins - although if I'm making an argument against Monmouth I'd point out that both occurred in November within a four-day span. Since that time, they've lost games to Canisius (#223), Army (#215), and Manhattan (#228).

The tournament shouldn't be about Cinderellas - it should be about the 68 best teams in the country.

They won 17 road games.
Beat UCLA and Georgetown on the road.
Beat Southern California and Notre Dame on neutral court.

The tournament is about Cinderellas I would give them berth.

Devil's advocate.

11 of those wins were against RPI 200 plus.

4 of those 17 road games were neutral. Which is still very good but when you consider how many of those are dregs...

UCLA and Georgetown both have losing records. Those aren't impressive wins.

USC and Notre Dame are good wins - although if I'm making an argument against Monmouth I'd point out that both occurred in November within a four-day span. Since that time, they've lost games to Canisius (#223), Army (#215), and Manhattan (#228).

The tournament shouldn't be about Cinderellas - it should be about the 68 best teams in the country.
Kentucky lost at UCLA , Syracuse lost at Georgetown.

Those are good wins especially on the road. Monmouth of those 3 bubble teams that lost yesterday should be in Dayton.

Devil's advocate.

11 of those wins were against RPI 200 plus.
I agree but this team should be given a shot in Dayton. Like Middle Tennessee and Iona have the last couple of years.

As Marsh has alluded this year's field is actually 70 teams because of SMU and Louisville pulling out.

I would give Monmouth a shot in the First Four.

I would give Monmouth a shot in the First Four.

I'm sorry, we are talking about Monmouth right? They are pretty good this year but making the final four would be a once in a 100 year type of achievement. It would just be absolutely amazing! I think it's pretty unlikely.

I'm sorry, we are talking about Monmouth right? They are pretty good this year but making the final four would be a once in a 100 year type of achievement. It would just be absolutely amazing! I think it's pretty unlikely.
First Four = the play in games in Dayton.

I am saying let Monmouth go to Dayton and give them a shot at the main field.

Kentucky lost at UCLA , Syracuse lost at Georgetown.

Those are good wins especially on the road. Monmouth of those 3 bubble teams that lost yesterday should be in Dayton.
We'll have to agree to disagree on those teams. I think you're too focused on the names there.

Monmouth only has one more true road victory (13) than Valpo (12). Valpo's win at Oregon State is more impressive than any of Monmouth's wins. They also blew out Iona (who beat Monmouth twice). Valpo also doesn't have a loss outside the Top 200 - whereas Monmouth has three.

Wichita State has an even better case. Their starting PG was missing in three of their OOC losses (all to good teams at neutral sites, btw). A convincing win over Utah. No bad losses. And ranked #11 in the nation according to Ken Pomeroy's analytical rankings.

I'd like to see King Rice in the NCAA's but I just don't think they should make it ahead of more worthy teams just because 'Cinderella'.

I would rather have Monmouth get in than Wich State or VCU. I don't see how either of those teams are locks.

But but but...I read on here that we are a lock!!!

Don't you know how weak the bubble is??!!

We can lose every game(which apparently we are) and still get in safely!!

That crowd of posters needs to go get their shine box and take their know-nothingness the F out of here.

The only thing worse than losing a game to Dayton would be losing a game in Dayton. :eek:
The Dayton double.

I'm sure a good % of Vegas would take a flyer on that...

Are we really sure these bracket projections are accurate given the committee chair said they would takes coaches suspension into consideration? Might we be a few seed lines higher in the committees eyes?

But but but...I read on here that we are a lock!!!

Don't you know how weak the bubble is??!!

We can lose every game(which apparently we are) and still get in safely!!

That crowd of posters needs to go get their shine box and take their know-nothingness the F out of here.
I assume you are taking a disparaging poke at a few of our posters who have worked hours and hours to offer us an objective, logical view of our tournament chances...please show me one post that stated we are a lock and we can lose and safely be in...your tag line is laughable...(I offer nothing more than simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense)

Are we really sure these bracket projections are accurate given the committee chair said they would takes coaches suspension into consideration? Might we be a few seed lines higher in the committees eyes?

If we had not lost 4 of 5, that might hold more merit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom