Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton

If we had not lost 4 of 5, that might hold more merit.

I agree. I have to think our recent slide will cancel out any possible break for the JB suspension. We basically are what we are at this point.

But but but...I read on here that we are a lock!!!

Don't you know how weak the bubble is??!!

We can lose every game(which apparently we are) and still get in safely!!

That crowd of posters needs to go get their shine box and take their know-nothingness the F out of here.
your H0T Takes make this place special

I assume you are taking a disparaging poke at a few of our posters who have worked hours and hours to offer us an objective, logical view of our tournament chances...please show me one post that stated we are a lock and we can lose and safely be in...your tag line is laughable...(I offer nothing more than simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense)
well that's a waste of their time, remind me not to hire any of them.

I've been doing a lunardi pick the tournament teams since lunch in Jr. High 30+ years ago...and it took me all of 30 seconds to look at the standings, the SOS and the RPI, to put us on the bubble a long time ago.

But but but, you're so wrong!! There's so much more to it than that!!

No there's not, we were on the bubble last week, the week before that and the week before that.

We've been on the bubble since hop changed the name of the ship from the USS Enterprise to the HMS Titanic.

Actually that's wrong, Hop took us off the bubble and out of the tourney.

My tag line is the truth.

well that's a waste of their time.

I've been doing a lunardi pick the tournament teams since lunch in Jr. High 30+ years ago...and it took me all of 30 seconds to look at the standings, the SOS and the RPI, to put us on the bubble a long time ago.

No there's not, we were on the bubble last week, the week before that and the week before that.

We've been on the bubble since hop changed the name of the ship from the USS Enterprise to the HMS Titanic.

Again, please refer to one single post that claimed we weren't on the bubble...

That crowd of posters needs to go get their shine box and take their know-nothingness the F out of here.

I don't recall anybody on this board saying we were a lock if we lost every game after NC St. Many have said just one win should likely be enough going back to the UNC game. I have brought up the possibility to get in with zero wins, but always well below 50%.

You attacked and mocked those saying one win was enough saying they were idiots for even thinking that. And it sure seems like one would have been enough.

So now since you were clearly wrong before, you change the narrative and move the goalposts to people saying that we were a lock with zero wins. I have zero respect for that type of nonsense.

I have been consistent with my assertions all year, and have moved off them as info came available. But I really have not moved -- you can look at all my posting since conference play began it was we need to go 9-9 and win one ACC tourney game. I never said Syracuse will get there, I just said what we needed to do get there.

If I would have been wrong, I would have been wrong it. So be it. But now you are moving goalposts, you were the one that was wrong, and you are still slamming me.

off.

Last edited:

Oh my! So brash and provocative!

Again, please refer to one single post that claimed we weren't on the bubble...
I have no desire to.

I have no idea how people find old posts nor do I remember any of the names.

But I'm guessing a few have just jumped into this thread after doing some editing.

No one said we were a lock with no wins down the stretch. ... maybe Cuse Hulk did. And I have more respect for Cuse Hulk now that some of you narrative changers.

I have no desire to.

I have no idea how people find old posts nor do I remember any of the names.

But I'm guessing a few have just jumped into this thread after doing some editing.

Sure thing hoss

No one said we were a lock with no wins down the stretch. ... maybe Cuse Hulk did. And I have more respect for Cuse Hulk now that some of you narrative changers.

TAKE THAT BACK

It would be neat if you could show us one! :)

syracusefan.com/threads/i-cant-see-9-9-getting-it-done.100773/

Peruse this thread. There are plenty in there.

I assume you are taking a disparaging poke at a few of our posters who have worked hours and hours to offer us an objective, logical view of our tournament chances...please show me one post that stated we are a lock and we can lose and safely be in...your tag line is laughable...(I offer nothing more than simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense)

The angry straw man argument is this guy's schtick. Probably best to ignore it.

I don't think any of these teams are a lock. This is such a weird year. Monmouth has a SOS of like 900 and 2 top 100 wins. I don't think they get in. Then again if we lose to Pitt I don't think we get in or deserve to get in. I think some team is going to rattle off a few wins and get to a conference final in a Power 5 and take a spot. Just my opinion based on all the weird crap that has happened this year.

syracusefan.com/threads/i-cant-see-9-9-getting-it-done.100773/

Peruse this thread. There are plenty in there.
You might want to read it more closely. No one in that thread was proclaiming us a lock. Some were saying a win over NC or wins over both NC St/Fla St would have made us a lock, which might have proven to be true.

Disagree with you from time to time but you're completely on the $$$ here.

I believe we need two wins to be a lock, one we sweat, L we go to NIT. I also do not believe this team is worthy of an NCAA bid, but hope they sneak in. Once in{if in} it all depends on match ups how far this team can go.

Hopefully Pitt will play like they did against GT. 0-11 on 3s. 39.3% overall. Out-rebounded by 8 (had 24 defensive rebounds though). Only 6 assists. I agree with anyone who says rebounding will determine whether or not we win.

Hopefully Pitt will play like they did against GT. 0-11 on 3s. 39.3% overall. Out-rebounded by 8 (had 24 defensive rebounds though). Only 6 assists. I agree with anyone who says rebounding will determine whether or not we win.

Whatever is wrong with Pitt lately, I can't imagine a better cure than playing us. Their confidence should be sky high and I would assume ours will be umm... not.

Maybe Cooney has one more 25 point game left in his old bones?

obama_snap.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom