Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Make no bones about it...tomorrow is our Dayton

2008 everyone thought we were out when we lost to Nova. We were a miracle Georgia SEC title from backdooring in.

I don't expect to beat Pitt we need other bubble teams to lose and pray for Dayton.

Our current personnel in this system is a bad matchup for Pitt. We need 30 from G tomorrow to have a chance.

obama_snap.gif
THAT... IS... GLORIOUS

our rpi wont drop much for losing on a neutral floor to pitt. Its probably between 25-50 % chance we make it with a loss. Valpo isnt getting an at large, monmouth is an interesting case which as of now i have them just in as in dayton. Wichita st is reazlly a tough call as there kenpom is really high but they have very few top 50 and 100 rpi wins. Gonzaga losing tonight should end there ncaa hopes

Last edited:
Thoughts:

1. It's always about what we do AND what else is going on with other teams. Just looking at our resume is dumb.

2. "The Bubble" is weird this year because there are tons of mediocre teams. So throw out historical analysis and what we did in xxxx and didn't get in. Doesn't matter as much.

3. Saying "we don't deserve to get in if we lose" is silly. We deserve to get in if our resume is better than the other mediocre teams. "They didn't live up to my personal expectations, so a team that is worse that I don't follow at all and don't have expectations of should get the bid"

Thoughts:

1. It's always about what we do AND what else is going on with other teams. Just looking at our resume is dumb.

2. "The Bubble" is weird this year because there are tons of mediocre teams. So throw out historical analysis and what we did in xxxx and didn't get in. Doesn't matter as much.

3. Saying "we don't deserve to get in if we lose" is silly. We deserve to get in if our resume is better than the other mediocre teams. "They didn't live up to my personal expectations, so a team that is worse that I don't follow at all and don't have expectations of should get the bid"
More sound, common sense? I'll have none of it!

Thoughts:

Well said.

My assumption is, if the NCAA can bone us, they will.

Yeah, yeah, the committee isn't the NCAA. I know. But they are.

Is it really getting boned if we don't get in with 19 or 20 wins?

agree with marsh, we aint getting in with a loss, and we dont deserve to.
This is my thought. No way do we get in with a loss, especially since it will be the third loss to the same mediocre team. I'm not holding out much hope at this point. Then again, I was pretty down going into the BET in 2013, but that was a more talented team.

Fellow members- should I take a half day at work tomorrow?

I'm watching it from my desk on the laptop at 9am :/ Last time I watched a tournament game from work AO went down. I kinda don't want to watch to stay away from bad juju.

Valpo, Monmouth, Wichita St, Gonzaga are just hard teams to assess.

I have always felt this level of team deserved to be in the tournament (especially Valpo and Monmouth) over the middling Major team. But when I used to put those types of teams in my final bracket those were the teams that I usually missed, and major team got in the field instead. I would give those teams the benefit of the doubt when the committee usually doesn't.

What does the Bracket Matrix say on Monmouth, Valpo, Wichita St, Gonzaga right now.

For Monmouth and Valpo, I only looked at submitted brackets that had taken them out as auto bid.
Monmouth - 16 of 48
Valparaiso - 5 of 48
Wichita st - 35 of 48
Gonzaga - 12 of 48

I think what is happening is people are just aware of the committee's handling of teams like Monmouth and Valpo. Do I they think they deserve to get in -- sure, but usually they don't. Maybe in a a weak year the committee makes a stand in that direction. But we likely did not have 2 stolen bids last night.

Not sure about that.
In other words...

LOCK!!

Cusian has us in.

For those if you scoring at home...Cusian is the new swish on these things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom