Marijuana news: NCAA considers reducing penalty for athletes who test positive for pot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marijuana news: NCAA considers reducing penalty for athletes who test positive for pot

I don't blame the drugs, I blame this backwards ass country who would rather jail someone with a disease( for profit at that!!!) than treat them.

Amen. If the billions of dollars that have been put towards creating prisons, creating massive drug enforcement bureaucracies and paramilitarizing police had just instead been put towards giving non-violent drug offenders the treatment they desperately need, this country would be a 100x better place and so many more families would be in tact.

Amen. If the billions of dollars that have been put towards creating prisons, creating massive drug enforcement bureaucracies and paramilitarizing police had just instead been put towards giving non-violent drug offenders the treatment they desperately need, this country would be a 100x better place and so many more families would be in tact.
Think about the amount of money that could have been spent on schools and infastructure too instead of another failed war.

Think about the amount of money that could have been spent on schools and infastructure too instead of another failed war.

It failed you and me but it was quite successful for those who wanted to get into the rich resources of Mexico, Central and South America and rape their land while getting control of the dollars/drugs to sell/market here in the USA while putting puppets in control while they do.

mULzZiPtLd-gzdMfsOQ5nlA.jpg

I had a friend (well he was a friend) that started out smoking pot then casually started using harder drugs and that ended up killing him.

There are apparently no deaths from doing pot however, if they took the stats off people who died of harder drugs that started out smoking pot, the number would be Huge.

Give me a break.

Oh and by the way, I am 19 years totally sober from drugs and alcohol and STILL believe all that.

Plus my 24 year old brother died of a heroin OD and I still believe that.
I don't blame the drugs, I blame this backwards ass country who would rather jail someone with a disease( for profit at that!!!) than treat them.

Strong post.

Inhaling anything into your lungs is awful for your health... I can understand that it is not bad as some things that are legal, but saying that it's "healthier" than Coke, Pepsi, Sugar is a huge Stretch...

Inhaling anything into your lungs is awful for your health... I can understand that it is not bad as some things that are legal, but saying that it's "healthier" than Coke, Pepsi, Sugar is a huge Stretch...

I think it is. A no-brainer, imo. Coke can freaking take rust off your car and to put it in your body as a daily routine is an awful awful decision.

I have a friend roughly around the same as me. Mid 30s. Guy was a hardcore stoner. Productive. But also chain smoked, ate garbage, and drank Mountain Dew/Pepsi 24/7. Would go through a couple of 2 liters a day for years! Quit pot for a year since he was convinced that was making him unhealthy, depressed, etc and not the soda/cigarettes/junk food. Well, he recently had to have his gall bladder removed since he truly pickled/brined it from all the sugar. Woke up in such pain one day and had to go to the ER.

I had a friend (well he was a friend) that started out smoking pot then casually started using harder drugs and that ended up killing him.

There are apparently no deaths from doing pot however, if they took the stats off people who died of harder drugs that started out smoking pot, the number would be Huge.
sounds like u need a doob, then watch monty python

What is worse the guy who occasionally smokes some pot, or the guy who downs 2 liters of pepsi everyday?

What is worse the guy who occasionally smokes some pot, or the guy who downs 2 liters of pepsi everyday?
Which is worse someone who occasionally smokes pot or the guy who eats a million Twinkies then dies.
You can unbalance any arguement by exaggeration.

Let's assume that is 100% correct. So?

Booze kills brain cells. Like a ton of brain cells. It's legal.

Cigarettes destroy a whole bunch of internal organs. It's legal.

Carbs and sugar do the same. Legal.

Hell, there are studies about how a lack of sleep wrecks your body. When are we mandating 8 hours of shut eye a night?

The point is not about the ill effects of weed.
So if everything hurts the human body then everything should be legal without restriction.

Which is worse someone who occasionally smokes pot or the guy who eats a million Twinkies then dies.
You can unbalance any arguement by exaggeration.
'
I am not exaggerating anything, there are people who eat mcdonalds or other fast food every day, and drink liters of soda daily.

It's not a stretch at all. Sugary drinks are HORRIBLE for you, and are the biggest cause of America's obesity problem, which leads to all kinds of preventable things like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

'
I am not exaggerating anything, there are people who eat mcdonalds or other fast food every day, and drink liters of soda daily.
And then equate that same quantity and time frame to pot. Not good on both sides of the scale. Pun unintended.

And then equate that same quantity and time frame to pot. Not good on both sides of the scale. Pun unintended.

Ya there are some people who smoke pot everyday, but unless you are loaded you probably aren't, and smoking occasionally.

As a court employee I have to say the war on pot just clogs up the system. Furthermore in the Bronx black and Hispanic people are routinely stopped and frisked while white people are not. Stats indicate that white people actually use more illegal drugs than people of color so it infuriates me that the white college students at Fordham aren't subjected to the same stop and frisk pattern as the black and Hispanic youth are. Supposedly mayor De Blasio will reform stop and frisk so this may be less of a problem in the future.

And if you want some good news about our youth, people under 35 almost exclusively use pot, with a little illegal pills and other things. Very little heroin and cocaine use. That's mostly used by people 40+. And in three years I have yet to see a meth bust in the Bronx.

Personally I have never smoked pot, have no plans to do so unless there are medical reasons. But it definitely needs to be legalized, taxed and regulated (I.e. No smoking in public so people don't get unwanted contact highs, except over 21 marijuana bars where if you enter you understand you'll be subject to the smoke.) The savings to the criminal justice system will be great, and the tax revenue will be too.

As a court employee I have to say the war on pot just clogs up the system. Furthermore in the Bronx black and Hispanic people are routinely stopped and frisked while white people are not. Stats indicate that white people actually use more illegal drugs than people of color so it infuriates me that the white college students at Fordham aren't subjected to the same stop and frisk pattern as the black and Hispanic youth are. Supposedly mayor De Blasio will reform stop and frisk so this may be less of a problem in the future.

And if you want some good news about our youth, people under 35 almost exclusively use pot, with a little illegal pills and other things. Very little heroin and cocaine use. That's mostly used by people 40+. And in three years I have yet to see a meth bust in the Bronx.

Personally I have never smoked pot, have no plans to do so unless there are medical reasons. But it definitely needs to be legalized, taxed and regulated (I.e. No smoking in public so people don't get unwanted contact highs, except over 21 marijuana bars where if you enter you understand you'll be subject to the smoke.) The savings to the criminal justice system will be great, and the tax revenue will be too.

I went to FM, suburb of Syracuse. Predominantly white school and tons of drug use. Why? $$$$.

Ya there are some people who smoke pot everyday, but unless you are loaded you probably aren't, and smoking occasionally.
You can set up any moral equivalancy where pot is less significant then your comparitive action. All I know is that society does not benefit by more pot smoking, legal or not.

It's not a stretch at all. Sugary drinks are HORRIBLE for you, and are the biggest cause of America's obesity problem, which leads to all kinds of preventable things like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
Smoking anything is HORRIBLE.