Marijuana news: NCAA considers reducing penalty for athletes who test positive for pot | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Marijuana news: NCAA considers reducing penalty for athletes who test positive for pot

I honestly don't care that much. But seriously, why would you waste time in your life smoking. Spend time with your family or idk do something productive!

I'm out

Lol comparing marijuana to crystal meth. Get a grip on your hysteria. It sound like you were the screenwriter for reefer madness!
I am not comparing marijuana to crystal meth. However I do object to the glorification of marijuana, Personally I do drink alcohol but I also understand the inherent dangers associated with it. I also know that there are some people who have no no business smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol because they are genetically disposed to being drug addicted. I am also aware that there studies out there contradicting the notion that marijuana is a harmless drug.

If you find it ok to smoke pot, that's your choice. On the the other hand I have never met a teenager who smoked pot or whose school performance and overall behavior was not impacted by it. We can argue whether pot is or isn't a gateway drug, however folks I have spoken to who were hooked on hard drugs initially started smoking pot.

The decriminalization of pot smoking is a separate issue and I have no problem with it. I am not interested in incarcerating people unless they are violent criminals or crooked politicians. However I do have problem with decriminalizing the sale of hard drugs such as cocaine. heroine etc. I understand that my view is in the minority here and is also generational becuase I am an old guy. On the other hand I am fervently opposed to the use of hard drugs because I have seen to may lives destroyed by it just like those who happen to be addicted to alcohol.

Having said all that, I am getting ready to go the Villages in Florida for a month, to play golf and party with the rest of the old folks because life is to short and you never know when the grim reaper is going to make his entrance.

I honestly don't care that much. But seriously, why would you waste time in your life smoking. Spend time with your family or idk do something productive!

I'm out

You can say the same thing about drinking.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/04/20/Florida-sinkhole-between-two-homes-filled/4661398025337/

I am not comparing marijuana to crystal meth. However I do object to the glorification of marijuana, Personally I do drink alcohol but I also understand the inherent dangers associated with it. I also know that there are some people who have no no business smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol because they are genetically disposed to being drug addicted. I am also aware that there studies out there contradicting the notion that marijuana is a harmless drug.

If you find it ok to smoke pot, that's your choice. On the the other hand I have never met a teenager who smoked pot or whose school performance and overall behavior was not impacted by it. We can argue whether pot is or isn't a gateway drug, however folks I have spoken to who were hooked on hard drugs initially started smoking pot.

The decriminalization of pot smoking is a separate issue and I have no problem with it. I am not interested in incarcerating people unless they are violent criminals or crooked politicians. However I do have problem with decriminalizing the sale of hard drugs such as cocaine. heroine etc. I understand that my view is in the minority here and is also generational becuase I am an old guy. On the other hand I am fervently opposed to the use of hard drugs because I have seen to may lives destroyed by it just like those who happen to be addicted to alcohol.

Having said all that, I am getting ready to go the Villages in Florida for a month, to play golf and party with the rest of the old folks because life is to short and you never know when the grim reaper is going to make his entrance.

Sudano said:
So if everything hurts the human body then everything should be legal without restriction.

What a silly thing to say.

It's an issue of appropriate law making.

I can go to my local CVS right this very minute and buy a dozen different over-the-counter drugs that could do significant damage to me, if not outright kill me, if I abuse them. But for various reasons society decided those drugs should be legal. As it did for beer, wine, liquor, model airplane glue, whipped cream, and all other manner of things that can get you high.

More lives are destroyed because marijuana is illegal than if it were legal. That's not even debatable.

On the other hand I am fervently opposed to the use of hard drugs because I have seen to may lives destroyed by it just like those who happen to be addicted to alcohol.

All reasonable people are opposed to the use of hard drugs. But in terms of developing policies, it begs the question, does making a substance illegal inevitably make things worse for the user than if it was treated as a health issue. I believe it does.

Europe and Canada has seen their rates of heroin use go down by offering safe, legal clinics where people can inject heroin for free under the supervision of a nurse. HIV rates have decreased, as well.

All reasonable people are opposed to the use of hard drugs. But in terms of developing policies, it begs the question, does making a substance illegal inevitably make things worse for the user than if it was treated as a health issue. I believe it does.

Europe and Canada has seen their rates of heroin use go down by offering safe, legal clinics where people can inject heroin for free under the supervision of a nurse. HIV rates have decreased, as well.

^^^ This guy gets it.
Certainly hard drugs are bad and dangerous.
I always use the tobacco corollary when people are questioning this and say that if hard drugs were legal and regulated we would have a nation of junkies.
Cigarettes (nicotine) are one of the most addictive substances on the planet. They are proven killers via lung cancer, heart disease, hypertension, etc...
They are legal. People can choose whether to go down that road or not.

Because they are legal does everyone smoke?
No they do not.
As a matter of fact there are less smokers in today's population than at any point in the last 60 years.
Why?
Because people have been educated to their dangers. What was out parents excuse for smoking? I remember a lot of "We didn't know....." answers.
Well, now people know and the majority of the people choose not to smoke.

Because of EDUCATION.

Ya there are some people who smoke pot everyday, but unless you are loaded you probably aren't, and smoking occasionally.
You'll be smoking less if they legalize it and don't allow self grow. Add taxes and corps to the mix and boom!

Pot threads are funny. They literally have the same point/counterpoints, parties in interest, every time, without fail. It's like reading a canned script.