Maryland Gameday... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Gameday...

aaaaand the post game ruined by trolls. Good night folks. I recommend a tall beverage

if I was writing the rules goal mouth should not apply if the ball is in and you take a step outside the creae after the ball crosses the line. Anything after that ideally would not matter, including going through the goal mouth. But that’s not the rule. It sucks. Just inches from doing it. Again and again and again.

But we are clearly good. We will see them in may.
No. They will be long gone by Memorial Day. See you in Philadelphia.

Oh yeah, scrap the specialty man down unit, FFS.

Top teams are going to moderately probe on :30s and take their chances 6v6 with a group of mostly backups.

Ya that has to goz isn't working at all

Heartbroken. Sick of the rule changes. Sick of not knowing what’s going on. Sick of marylands stall ball. Sick of Gait not being in the refs ear.
I agree with your last sentence.

I’d like to see more piss & vinegar out of Gary once in awhile.

Seeing him yucking it up with one of the refs during that review didn’t sit well with me.

Deflating loss for sure...major bummer.

And yeah, 4 years since we've played in May in lax and 3 straight years of no Dance in hoops and 4 out the last 5. Both times of the year, March & May, that used to bring so much enjoyment and satisfaction for us Syracuse fans are now things, unfortunately, that have been left in the rear view. :(
I hear you ...the good news football will be great and basketball has a real chance to be back next year...lax I'm not sure

That was a tremendous college lacrosse game.

Certainly strengthens my feeling that we’re “back” and makes me more excited for the rest of the season.
Cuse would’ve won by 5 if it hadn’t repeatedly shot itself in the foot with penalties, turnovers and terrible shot placement in the first half. They clean that up and add more physical play from the SSDMs (besides Rice who has been fantastic) then your assessment will be correct.

Can't blame the refs when you don't show up at the opening whistle ready to play. They play that first quarter like they did the rest of the game and it's a win.

The offense had 4 minutes of unreleasable penalty time to work with and only got a couple of shots and one goal. Thomson needs to be bumped, he has shown nothing to start this year. Would rather have Birtwistle take his spot and then put Kellogg or Hottle on the second. Would have liked Mule to assert himself a little more as a quarterback with Zap all over Spallina. Heck should have let Maryland shut off Spallina and played 5 on 5 like teams used to do to Teat. More space to dodge with for Rhoa and Leo.

And that was just bad defense at the end attempting a ride. Should have just backed in to prevent a transition goal. They had been doing well 6 on 6.

Why didn't Gait call timeout after the official review to set up the defense? Seems like the players were out there on their own. Tillman would have called one if he were on D.
He didn't have any timeouts left, had already used his one OT timeout

i give credit to dc oderna for starting cacameo inside of kol that really helped. When cacameo went out for bit n kol came in even then dude still let his guy roman around freely playing way off him. kol should not touch field vs top teams.

Why didn't Gait call timeout after the official review to set up the defense? Seems like the players were out there on their own. Tillman would have called one if he were on D.
Good question.

I don’t think an official review is treated as a dead b-ball situation that allows the non-possessing team to take a TO.

I could be wrong…

ETA - bjred with the obvious correct answer to your question

Can't blame the refs when you don't show up at the opening whistle ready to play. They play that first quarter like they did the rest of the game and it's a win.

The offense had 4 minutes of unreleasable penalty time to work with and only got a couple of shots and one goal. Thomson needs to be bumped, he has shown nothing to start this year. Would rather have Birtwistle take his spot and then put Kellogg or Hottle on the second. Would have liked Mule to assert himself a little more as a quarterback with Zap all over Spallina. Heck should have let Maryland shut off Spallina and played 5 on 5 like teams used to do to Teat. More space to dodge with for Rhoa and Leo.

And that was just bad defense at the end attempting a ride. Should have just backed in to prevent a transition goal. They had been doing well 6 on 6.

You pretty much nailed it.

Thomson showed a lot actually you have to watch the pick game to see where he is shining(see Spallina’s goal)He is currently in the biggest shooting slump of his life but is far to talented for it to last forever. I will agree some of his shot selection was lacking a lot today but he was definitely not alone in that

Thomson showed a lot actually you have to watch the pick game to see where he is shining(see Spallina’s goal)He is currently in the biggest shooting slump of his life but is far to talented for it to last forever. I will agree some of his shot selection was lacking a lot today but he was definitely not alone in that
He’s shooting sub 10%. Unfortunately that doesn’t cut it at a place like this. There is talent behind him. Can’t continue to run him if he isn’t producing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom