Matt Park DUI in Clemson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park DUI in Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a good announcer but shouldn't lose his job because of a simple DWI[/QUOTE
He's a very good announcer, we're lucky to have him. I met Matt one time ironically at the bar, he is a very nice guy and happens. Bring him back asap , he has been punished enough. I am positive this will be his last news making event.

Not that I have any inside information, but I might guess the reason that we have not heard anything regarding Matt's status is because DG, HF, RB, who IMO will likely decide his fate, have been occupied with prepping for the NCAA visit.

Not that I have any inside information, but I might guess the reason that we have not heard anything regarding Matt's status is because DG, HF, RB, who IMO will likely decide his fate, have been occupied with prepping for the NCAA visit.

Why, what's going on?

/wishes for sarcasm font

Will Park's first game back be a football or basketball game? Is he coming back? Is Brian Higgins the new Voice of the Orange? Will Doris Burke be offered the job?

Will Park's first game back be a football or basketball game? Is he coming back? Is Brian Higgins the new Voice of the Orange? Will Doris Burke be offered the job?

The replacement has already been hired:

upload_2014-11-3_15-17-20.jpeg

I know the Doris Burke comment is a joke but please don't joke like that. Thanks.

well I wouldn't call it a "simple DWI" that is making light of a serious crime. I think we as a society are far to easy going when it comes to DWI/DUI.

Its about $10k and in lots of cases loss of professional license or job.

I think that is taking it pretty serious.

IIRC, he was barely above the recently (about a decade ago) lowered limit. Say he blew a 0.09, I bet he could plea to a lessor charge. What say you, Lawyers?

The DWI is bad. But the fact that he was likely using a rental car on the University's dime complicates this.

You get a DWI on your time it's one thing. Do so while operating a vehicle used for company business...is a whole 'nother level of problems.

Would not surprise me if he's 86-ed.

Last edited:
The DWI is bad. But the fact that he was likely using a rental car on the University's dime complicates this.

You get a DWI on your time it's one thing. Do so while operating a vehicle used for company business...is a whole 'nother level of problems.

Dang. Never thought of that

The guy made a stupid mistake (That luckily didn't end up hurting himself/or somebody else or worse)

He is the Voice of the Orange, a Syracuse University graduate, Syracuse Orange one of us, and by all accounts a good guy.

CuseHulk said:
The guy made a stupid mistake (That luckily didn't end up hurting himself/or somebody else or worse)

He is the Voice of the Orange, a Syracuse University graduate, Syracuse Orange one of us, and by all accounts a good guy.

That's not really Jake's point...

Sometimes it's not as easy as that

Maybe he can seek some advice from Bob Petrino on getting a second chance.

Not trying to nitpick but he was charged with a DUI. In SC there is a difference in the two , DUI or DWI, because of blood alcohol level. I looked up the typical penalties for a DUI. If he is a first time offender supposedly he has to pay a $400 fine, do 48 hours of jail time or community service and obtain a three year SR-22 insurance policy, whatever that is. Maybe he's down there doing community service.

Not trying to nitpick but he was charged with a DUI. In SC there is a difference in the two , DUI or DWI, because of blood alcohol level. I looked up the typical penalties for a DUI. If he is a first time offender supposedly he has to pay a $400 fine, do 48 hours of jail time or community service and obtain a three year SR-22 insurance policy, whatever that is. Maybe he's down there doing community service.

I would think that he can't be doing community service yet, because his case has not been adjudicated. Heard/read somewhere that he's due back in court on 11/18.

DUI in a company vehicle or one rented under companies name is probably a pretty good reason for firing. The liability for something like that is INSANE. If he hit a blind three legged cat Cellino and Barnes would be laying down a lawsuit like none other. I would expect Park is on the edge of losing his job for sure. Going to be very tight.

But a guy flying a delta plane can't be fired?

i think the fact that it was in a company car complicates numerous ways.

He's employed by IMG, so it's not SU's call...other than whether or not he teaches those Newhouse classes moving forward.

Its about $10k and in lots of cases loss of professional license or job.

I think that is taking it pretty serious.

$10k of what, paying an attorney to get you a light punishment for a serious crime?

$10k of what, paying an attorney to get you a light punishment for a serious crime?
Geez.. good thing you've never made a mistake. Remember the whole "presumed innocent" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom