Matt Park DUI in Clemson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park DUI in Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric15 said:
But isn't it a statistical guarantee that if you raise the legal limit, more people will die from alcohol-induced accidents over the long term?
I don't have that answer, Have deaths decreased since the legal limit was lowered to .08?

Not saying I disagree, but where to draw the line? Driving while fumbling with your iPod? While obsessing with your radio/map/gps/radar detector? While distracted by a car full of unruly kids? While daydreaming? Sleepy? All of which could be temporarily as least, if not more, dangerous as driving with a buzz.
Here in NJ, driving while sleepy has some stiff penalties. Similar to DWI.

Here in NJ, driving while sleepy has some stiff penalties. Similar to DWI.
Interesting...I just wonder how that would stand up in court without any quantitative measurement. Unless they are measuring brain chemicals like adenosine...LOL

SWC nailed it. If your a good guy/gal people will cut you a break one time as long as no one is hurt. However, driving drunk is a very selfish thing and should serve as a wakeup call. Mr. Park is lucky no one was hurt he should take his punish and learn his lesson and hopefully keep his job.

Matt is a likeable guy and people are more willing to forgive. If Lindsley did this, nobody would be questioning the law. Of course if you cause an accident when drunk, it should make any difference if you are a nice guy when sober. I hope Matt can get over this and resume his career but I wouldn't suggest that he didn't deserve the same treatment as anybody else.
This is a long thread but I'll put my 2 cents in anyways. I travel periodically for business as I am sure others do on this board. At night you usually go out to dinner and meet up with either co-workers or clients, etc. You have a couple ginger ales and then drive back to your hotel. Sometimes you might have more than a couple ginger ales if you are watching a ball game or something. I'm actually surprised that more people on business don't get popped for a DWI. Especially if you are in an unfamiliar city and not sure where you are driving. If this is Matt's first brush with the law I hope they take it easy on him. He seems like a nice guy and probably did something that millions of others have done as well (disclaimer: I know this still doesn't make it right).

No Matt tomorrow http://cuse.com/documents/2014/10/27/NC_State_Web.pdf

upload_2014-10-31_6-25-2.png

This tells me it's 100% suspension and not a termination. I bet he's back for duke or Pitt after the bye
You sure? Not a great time for him to screw up with the NCAA infraction thing going on...I know it is totally unrelated but...

You sure? Not a great time for him to screw up with the NCAA infraction thing going on...I know it is totally unrelated but...
I'm just guessing. Maybe they'll sit him longer. Big time for him though with hoops double duty on the horizon. Brian Higgins better warm up some tea

I wish they would make an announcement of Matt's status- suspension or termination and length if it's the former. I don't think that would violate his privacy. It's about his public career.

Not saying I disagree, but where to draw the line? Driving while fumbling with your iPod? While obsessing with your radio/map/gps/radar detector? While distracted by a car full of unruly kids? While daydreaming? Sleepy? All of which could be temporarily as least, if not more, dangerous as driving with a buzz.
They are, and I believe most states have laws for distracted driving. Regardless of what's going on in the car, the person behind the wheel should be focused on driving, not fumbling with an ipod or gps or radar detector or kids. If any of these things are distracting the driver they need to pull over and resolve the issue. It's crazy how we view operating a 4,000 lb projectile as the annoying thing that gets in the way of everything else.

Google will have cars driving themselves within 20 years. Just in time for my 10 year long retirement bender.
I know that autonomous cars have already been tested out west, I think in california and nevada.

I've never been 'booked' before but is it normal for 7 hours to elapse between the time police stop you until booking?

rocklloyd said:
I've never been 'booked' before but is it normal for 7 hours to elapse between the time police stop you until booking?

No.

They detained him and then booked him.

Is he calling the basketball game Sunday?

This is a bad time for Matt to get this DUI. Any other time and he would miss a few games and no biggie. With everything going on (yes I know its unrelated but it just looks bad and is more bad PR for the school at the moment) if they did let him go I wouldn't be shocked one bit

Is he calling the basketball game Sunday?

This is a bad time for Matt to get this DUI. Any other time and he would miss a few games and no biggie. With everything going on (yes I know its unrelated but it just looks bad and is more bad PR for the school at the moment) if they did let him go I wouldn't be shocked one bit
Higgins is calling the game according to the article, and that was the plan all along -- had nothing to do with the DUI

Moontan said:
From the article: "He gradated from Syracuse in 1997". Proofreading is an apparent lost art, even in the day of automated spellchecking. <sigh>

Could also say "was graduated"

690West said:
It would shock me beyond words. Not happening

I'd lose respect for everyone involved.

anglerman said:
He's not a good announcer but shouldn't lose his job because of a simple DWI

Nothing wrong with his announcing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members