McCord question | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

McCord question

Didn't see him enough at OSU but am pretty sure our skill people and OL will not match OSU. Why or what did he struggle with there?
In the highlights I saw of McCord, the offensive line at OSU wasn't all that impressive. He was running for his life against Youngstown State of all teams.

McCord has the ability to move around in the pocket to avoid the rush, keeps his eyes upfield and didn't scramble until he must. He threw it away a lot to avoid the sack.

He was short on some long passes, and the receivers helped him by adjusting.

Overall, McCord is going to make most of our recent quarterbacks look terrible by comparison.

Is this Ohio St or Iowa? They both play the same offense.

Ryan Day sounds like David Puddy

puddy GIF

Love to see the Twitter/X meltdowns. That fan base is a joke. They are making some comments about McCord and how “this is what you get when you run off a QB who goes 11-1” chatter. So understandable why he bounced and now he’s ours to cherish

I've seen a few posts by OSU fans worried about their QB situation wondering if they made a mistake.

Real shame.

that was my thought watching the game. Did they really expect a massive upgrade over a dude who went 11-1? Apparently they did. And now they see that might not be the case. When you factor in losing MHJr and everyone else… I hope they fall apart and lose like 3 regular season games next year.

Funny (hopefully) story.

I know an Englishman in CT who roots for Michigan because his son goes there.

He was watching UM-OSU at a local sports bar and ready to root hard when he realized there might be some Buckeyes fans there.

Bartender told him, “don’t worry, this is a Michigan bar, the Ohio State place is down the street.”

My friend says he must have been lucky.

Bartender says “so are we, Ohio State fans are crappy tippers.”

I agree with the third sentence on OL.
But comparing Alford through Villari to OSU is not possible.
Well, it is possible. It’s just insane.
Agreed. They legitimately have a group that’s in consideration for one of the best WR trios of the last decade. no matter how good we end up a year from now, it would be a fear of epic proportions to be that good/effective.

Ryan Day is regretting he let McCord go now. They asked him if he will look into the portal for a QB after this game and he said he will have to think about it. Harrison is a superstar WR but even if he played tonight they don't win. If McCord played they win 31 - 14 maybe even by more. As good as Harrison is you have to have a QB that can get him the ball and in position to make plays which McCord did for him. If Day don't fix the QB issue and they struggle next yr the fan base will want him fired. I watched every game pretty much this yr and McCord can throw the ball. They lost a close game to Michigan that if they had won they would be in the college playoff with McCord. Without him they would be lucky to even make a bowl game. So excited he's playing for SU next season.

Agreed. They legitimately have a group that’s in consideration for one of the best WR trios of the last decade. no matter how good we end up a year from now, it would be a fear of epic proportions to be that good/effective.
Weird situation. I thought stroud under performed. But he ended up being a better pro than college QB.

They’ve had insane WRs for the last decade it’s more to do with the system. Obviously never took the training wheels off and actually opened up the offense but why should they the conference is garbage cruise control to automatic win if you don’t drive off the road games vs Nebby and Rutgers. You play your one tough game last game of the season and years like last year you can lose it and still make the playoffs.

The OSU plan, if they had onewent off the rails when their QB got hurt. I wish our program had their problems. Fran Brown's arrival has our fans looking at our current team thru a carnival mirror.

Ryan Day is regretting he let McCord go now. They asked him if he will look into the portal for a QB after this game and he said he will have to think about it. Harrison is a superstar WR but even if he played tonight they don't win. If McCord played they win 31 - 14 maybe even by more. As good as Harrison is you have to have a QB that can get him the ball and in position to make plays which McCord did for him. If Day don't fix the QB issue and they struggle next yr the fan base will want him fired. I watched every game pretty much this yr and McCord can throw the ball. They lost a close game to Michigan that if they had won they would be in the college playoff with McCord. Without him they would be lucky to even make a bowl game. So excited he's playing for SU next season.

Think about it? What? did he watch the same game as the rest of America? Even Harrison wouldn't have been able to bale either of those QB's out last night. Short or way overthrown, rarely on target is not a formula for passing success. And they don't have a Marvin Harrison Jr. on their roster for next year by the looks of it.

The OSU plan, if they had onewent off the rails when their QB got hurt. I wish our program had their problems. Fran Brown's arrival has our fans looking at our current team thru a carnival mirror.
Brown didn’t look great either and they didn’t move the ball with him in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom