Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season on the line who do you want to have the ball in their hands? Lebron isn't even the first choice on his team. He's a great player but he's become afraid of the moment IMO and that is a mental weakness that just doesn't go away. You cannot be the best player if deep down inside you don't believe that you can get the job done. Even a tiny bit of doubt and your playing like Lebron did in the 4th quarter of last years finals.

1991 Finals: Jordan defers to John Paxson at end of Game 5 vs. Lakers - Bulls win title
1993 Finals: Jordan defers to John Paxson at end of Game 6 vs. Phoenix - Bulls win title
1997 Finals: Jordan defers to Steve Kerr at end of Game 6 vs. Utah - Bulls win title

Was MJ afraid of the moment?

The thing that is weird is that isn't always how it is. It isn't how it was in the series before that. It wasn't how it was when he dragged the 07 Cavs to the finals, scoring the last 25 points. But it was really odd, and it was a multiple game thing. Which is what makes the whole thing so strange.

Its definitaly something that happened last year and has caried over. Very weird because there was atime where he would not be stopped from getting to the basket or into the lane at the very least and getting some sort of a shot off.

1991 Finals: Jordan defers to John Paxson at end of Game 5 vs. Lakers - Bulls win title
1993 Finals: Jordan defers to John Paxson at end of Game 6 vs. Phoenix - Bulls win title
1997 Finals: Jordan defers to Steve Kerr at end of Game 6 vs. Utah - Bulls win title

No he already knew he was the best and was going with what he felt was a better option at that time. IMO in last years finals Lebron was passing because he was questioning his own ability to get the job done.

A big difference between Lebron and the Durant/Melo/Kobe's of the world...is defense. Lebron is typically always put on the other teams best player..no matter the size. They'll switch him between Deng and Rose against Chicago. He'll guard Durant, Harden and Westbrook against OKC, depending on the time.

His stats are kind of amazing, considering that he has to play both ends, every game. Melo got to take 30 possessions off last night, guarding Haslem. lol.. no coach is going to put any of his good defenders on Udonis Haslem.

Last but not least, you're insulting him for being the "self proclaimed king", are you aware you're handle is KingOtis?

That...is damn funny.

44cuse

I haven't seen the Heat enough in close games this year to get a sense of Lebron hot potatoing the ball like he did in the finals last year.

From 2003 to about 2010 the team that finished 8th in the West would have finished 4th in the East

There is no way the `07 Warriors finish 4th in the East. Absolutely no way.

44cuse

No he already knew he was the best and was going with what he felt was a better option at that time. IMO in last years finals Lebron was passing because he was questioning his own ability to get the job done.
DWade is one of the best closers in the business (always has been), LeBron has every right to defer to him. I don't think what LeBron does in the last 15 seconds overrides what he did in the first 47 minutes.

Can't believe LeBron is getting less credit because he's essentially a better teammate.

Playing great defense doesn't make him a clutch player. He's Scottie Pippen now, whoop-de-damn-do.

All I said about Melo is that he's a clutch player who has never missed the playoffs. He holds those two things over James.

Sorry, I haven't bought into John Hollinger...

We've already seen what happens when you build a team around James.

You're right...we've seen what happens when you build a team around LeBron:
-Cavs went to the playoffs 5 out of 7 yrs including the NBA Finals
-The Cavs won 66 games in 08-09 and 61 in 09-10. LeBron leaves and they won 19 games.

Lets see...in this thread your supporting argument has been:

1. The NBA playoffs were fixed
2. LeBron had a better supporting cast than the results he put up
3. Stats don't matter

OK, got it.

44cuse

Melo's clutch numbers are fantastic though. Small sample size or not, he has that over pretty much every guy in the league.

That's the whole point. He is definitely one of the most clutch guys in the league, but that does not make him the best player. Just like LeBron choosing to pass does not disqualify him as many here (not you) are arguing.

44cuse

Wade out tonight, Heat down at New Jersey with several minutes to go, LeBron on bench, LeBron comes in, scores last 17 points, Heat come back from 13 down in third period to win, LeBron finishes with 37 in 35 minutes. Whatta slacker.

Wade out tonight, Heat down at New Jersey with several minutes to go, LeBron on bench, LeBron comes in, scores last 17 points, Heat come back from 13 down in third period to win, LeBron finishes with 37 in 35 minutes. Whatta slacker.

nice bump on this thread. i cant wait for the "it was just the nets" yellers.

This just in-- Lebron is still the best player on the planet.

Nothing to see here..

The Heat are 12-1 without Wade. Didn't you get the news? LeBron is Scottie Pippen.

Good bump.

44cuse

He certainly seems to play more freely when his buddy D Wade is away. He stops thinking so much and goes back to CLE days.

Can people complain that lebron has deferred to wade at times yes, but it's unbelievable how peoples hate of lebron actually make them believe he isn't either the best or top three players in the league. His raw talent is amazing and like others have said in this thread he's always guarding the best players on the opposing team. To me if you have to start a team, your building it around lebron over any other player in the league.

I think he had proved he wasn't way before 1991

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsu5R9-UxZM

Give me Kevin Durant any day of the week and twice on Sunday's if I am building a team around one NBA player

Durant is younger, but Lebron is probably 100 times better defensively and is probably just as good offensively, if not better.

Also, if we're talking about building a team from scratch, Lebron is as versatile as they come. You can pretty much play any group of 4 players around him, because he can guard 1-4 and play any position on offense, really.

Durant is younger, but Lebron is probably 100 times better defensively and is probably just as good offensively, if not better.

Also, if we're talking about building a team from scratch, Lebron is as versatile as they come. You can pretty much play any group of 4 players around him, because he can guard 1-4 and play any position on offense, really.
Who do you want during crunch time to make a big shot? That's my reason for Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom