Mick Cronin says... | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin says...

kyleslamb

Scout Team
"We are in the Big East until at least Monday."

This according to a Cincinnati beat reporter on Twitter. This could be a general response to the possible Big East dissolution or it could be a reference to the rumor of Louisville, Connecticut and Cincinnati to the ACC.

The big rumor is Cincy, UConn, Ville to the ACC, though Arb's post is contrary to that.

The big rumor is Cincy, UConn, Ville to the ACC, though Arb's post is contrary to that.
Whoof with those three i would expect a few more programs to leave the ACC

Not sure how ya take all three unless A. ACC has decided ND will never sign on as a full member or B. The ACC is prepared to go to 18 teams in the future or C. The ACC knows other defections are on the way. Don't really like any of that.

Not sure how ya take all three unless A. ACC has decided ND will never sign on as a full member or B. The ACC is prepared to go to 18 teams in the future or C. The ACC knows other defections are on the way. Don't really like any of that.

It would also be admitting a HUGE mistake by not taking WV. If you are willing to take crappy schools like UL and Cincy then why was WV not taken again? At least they are an Eastern school. Having both UL and Cincy in the ACC would just be throwing out the entire set of values the ACC has had its entire existence. Why? What do they add exactly? And if more schools are leaving then why not USF or UCF? Because FSU ain't sticking around.

Or it eliminates options for the B12 to expand if they can couple that with an ACC network with media rights. I think this battle is between FOX & ESPN on the network level and ACC & B12 on the conference level.

Like I have posted before, if the PAC12 doesn't want to continue to fall behind, they need the state of Texas to increase its cable subscriber base and recruiting base. U of Texas holds all the cards here and is the domino that needs to finally fall and end all of this madness once and for all.

If the ACC goes to 16 without Notre Dame just kick them out and force their hand. I don't care if ND goes to the Big 12 as an associate member let them schedule 5 games a year with them. If Notre Dame in a time of need isn't there for its conference "brothers" then let them go. The fact Swofford would go to 16 is really depressing, but its better than where we have been. With that said he isn't much better than the BE leaders except he made moves for survival.

"We are in the Big East until at least Monday."

This according to a Cincinnati beat reporter on Twitter. This could be a general response to the possible Big East dissolution or it could be a reference to the rumor of Louisville, Connecticut and Cincinnati to the ACC.

How bout this could be Cronin channeling a little James Arthur Boeheim-style sarcasm?

hope the "big rumor" is wrong. ND has to be part of the solution. Get them on Board and have them become part of the negotiations and solution. Come on, go sell it!! they are already partially here. This is the best solution for ND, not going to the Big 12 or B1G otherwise they would already be "partially" there. And it is the best for FSU and Clemson, to have ND part of the ACC, and of course its the best for the ACC and the 'cuse! Take UCONN and the Ville, let cinci go to the Big 12.

No Cincy please.

Cincy athletics = drab
Louisville athletics = not drab

hope the "big rumor" is wrong. ND has to be part of the solution. Get them on Board and have them become part of the negotiations and solution. Come on, go sell it!! they are already partially here. This is the best solution for ND, not going to the Big 12 or B1G otherwise they would already be "partially" there. And it is the best for FSU and Clemson, to have ND part of the ACC, and of course its the best for the ACC and the 'cuse! Take UCONN and the Ville, let cinci go to the Big 12.

They were rejected twice in the past 5 years for partial membership in the Big Ten. That was not going to happen. The Big Ten want(s)(ed?) them like crazy but it was never willing to do so on partial terms.

If the ACC goes to 16 without Notre Dame just kick them out and force their hand. I don't care if ND goes to the Big 12 as an associate member let them schedule 5 games a year with them. If Notre Dame in a time of need isn't there for its conference "brothers" then let them go. The fact Swofford would go to 16 is really depressing, but its better than where we have been. With that said he isn't much better than the BE leaders except he made moves for survival.

The ACC needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs the ACC, IMHO.

For the first time in my entire 41 years, I will be rooting for Notre Dame football.

Look, ND winning a National Title again vs. Geogialabama means UND again at least 15 years of solid independence. Why not add 3 since they are not coming now. They have what they wan't The ACC/ESPN is going after what is wants. (5/12th of Notre Dames media rights at least)

Adding Cinci is not something I had thought about but as I said "source" here has implied that the Ville wants UC with them to be a package.

Louisville can want whatever package they want. They should take any ACC offer they get and say thank you.

For the first time in my entire 41 years, I will be rooting for Notre Dame football.

Look, ND winning a National Title again vs. Geogialabama means UND again at least 15 years of solid independence. Why not add 3 since they are not coming now. They have what they wan't The ACC/ESPN is going after what is wants. (5/12th of Notre Dames media rights at least)

Adding Cinci is not something I had thought about but as I said "source" here has implied that the Ville wants UC with them to be a package.

Louisville can want whatever package they want. They should take any ACC offer they get and say thank you.

I am not saying they shouldn't. Just a little birdie. Frankly, the only benefit I see is expanding ACC footprint into B1G country. If someone is passionate about College football in this city, it is 90+% likely it is tO$U and not UC. That was changing with Kelly. They like winners here.

As an aside I froze my ass off for 2.5 quarters of that riveting UC_USF game after I got several free tickets and there were <18k at Nippert friday night.

I've said it a few times this week, as have others. If more than one team gets an invite, that is NOT a good thing. That means others are leaving. We do not want to see more than one invite.

I've said it a few times this week, as have others. If more than one team gets an invite, that is NOT a good thing. That means others are leaving. We do not want to see more than one invite.

They could be the first to 16 now that B1g went 14...

Notre Dame ain't coming full on ever. Get t0 16 first, break up into the 4 pods and go 9 game schedule. That is what FSU and Clemson want to stay.

Is that what FSU and Clemson want to stay even if not ND?
Are they really the best three teams out there, ville, yukon and cinci?

My opinion is that if the ACC invites multiple teams it's because it's hoping to make everyone happy. I think FSU wants Louisville and the basketball schools want UCONN. So Swofford's approach might be to add three teams and hope that it satisfies them all.

did arb post something since thanksgiving? All i rememebr from that is there are a lot of options being considered and that espn/raycom/notre dame were talking about an acc network

My opinion is that if the ACC invites multiple teams it's because it's hoping to make everyone happy. I think FSU wants Louisville and the basketball schools want UCONN. So Swofford's approach might be to add three teams and hope that it satisfies them all.

And im sure if were adding 3 espn will make the contract more lucrative and/or help us to start an acc network sooner rather than later

They could be the first to 16 now that B1g went 14...

Notre Dame ain't coming full on ever. Get t0 16 first, break up into the 4 pods and go 9 game schedule. That is what FSU and Clemson want to stay.

You don't go to 16 just to say you were first. The ACC is better off at 13 than 16 if those are your choices. Why would FSU want to be in a league with Louisville, UConn, and Cincy. That is the Big East.

ACC only needs ND if they join as a full member or they sign with their home game rights with ESPN. If ND resigns with NBC I will hope for all eternity ND burns. We don't want ND to remain independent I just want this crap over with I am sick of reallignment talk every year and ND would end that. ND is a parasite 5 games with 16 football schools means you will play them once 1 every 4 years and the ACC would only control 3 of those 5 at most in a year. If ESPN is telling the ACC to get Cincy, Louisville, and UConn then we are in trouble. An ACC network will not happen unless ND Football is with ESPN. Louisville has no say as to whether Cincy goes with them the ACC is deciding to do it. If UL said UC/UL or no UL then the ACC would snap up Uconn in a heartbeat. UL is a paper tiger look at their schedule this year. They played a schedule that VPI would blush at. Just end this reallignment talk and force ND's hand we will end up in the 4th super-conference anyway which is better than where we are now.

And im sure if were adding 3 espn will make the contract more lucrative and/or help us to start an acc network sooner rather than later

ESPN said earlier in the year that the only school at would add money on a per team basis was ND. This is when FSU was being rumored to leave the ACC. They said FSU does not add more to the per school rate. So now we are to believe that Louisville, UConn, and Cincy will bring in gazillions?

ACC only needs ND if they join as a full member or they sign with their home game rights with ESPN. If ND resigns with NBC I will hope for all eternity ND burns. We don't want ND to remain independent I just want this crap over with I am sick of reallignment talk every year and ND would end that. ND is a parasite 5 games with 16 football schools means you will play them once 1 every 4 years and the ACC would only control 3 of those 5 at most in a year. If ESPN is telling the ACC to get Cincy, Louisville, and UConn then we are in trouble. An ACC network will not happen unless ND Football is with ESPN. Louisville has no say as to whether Cincy goes with them the ACC is deciding to do it. If UL said UC/UL or no UL then the ACC would snap up Uconn in a heartbeat. UL is a paper tiger look at their schedule this year. They played a schedule that VPI would blush at. Just end this reallignment talk and force ND's hand we will end up in the 4th super-conference anyway which is better than where we are now.

That is on of the funniest expansion comments I have read. Louisville would rather stay in the BE than leave behind Cincy? LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom