Mick Cronin says... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin says...

ESPN said earlier in the year that the only school at would add money on a per team basis was ND. This is when FSU was being rumored to leave the ACC. They said FSU does not add more to the per school rate. So now we are to believe that Louisville, UConn, and Cincy will bring in gazillions?

i dont remember then saying that at all about acc contract they said that about big 12's contract.gazillions those 3 with nd could get a bump of 2-3mil per team

Charlie Strong could leave Lville Tomorrow and the program could hire a chump which spirals Lville to a bottom feeder status again. I would vote UConn. Better Academics, fits geograpghy, middle pack BCS team (like UMD) and has a top notch basketball program. Better TV market too.

Make it happen Swofford.

Yep - Clemson & FSU need to be in opposite divisions. If Clemsen & FSU run the table and play in the title game (remember they each play their SEC rival Thanksgiving week), they have a great chance to get into the new Playoff system.

i hope its not uconn since they will be for the taking in the bigeast whenever we would want to go to 16

Charlie Strong could leave Lville Tomorrow and the program could hire a chump which spirals Lville to a bottom feeder status again. I would vote UConn. Better Academics, fits geograpghy, middle pack BCS team (like UMD) and has a top notch basketball program. .

You're forgetting the part where UConn just hired a chump which will spiral UConn to bottom feeder status again. They were a top notch program -- not any more.

Yep - Clemson & FSU need to be in opposite divisions. If Clemsen & FSU run the table and play in the title game (remember they each play their SEC rival Thanksgiving week), they have a great chance to get into the new Playoff system.

I can see FSU, but I don't get all the Clemson worship. Since when did they become a conference driver?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You're forgetting the part where UConn just hired a chump which will spiral UConn to bottom feeder status again. They were a top notch program -- not any more.
You are wrong.

No need to flip divisions things run in cycles. Miami has a real young team and will be good next year they only lose 1 starter on both sides of the ball and VPI will get better. However, if one of the compromises to feed FSU's ego like i said above the ACC should consider following an example the Pac-12 did and guarantee FSU a game with Georgia Tech every year. TThe Pac-12 in a compromise move guaranteed UCLA/USC they would play Stanford/Cal every year as part of their cross-division matchups for their No. Cal Alumni. The ACC should do the same for FSU as they are care about that Atlanta game for their alumni. They don't get to play Tech enough in their opinion. The ACC should throw FSU a small bone and give them 2 guaranteed cross-over games a year like USC/UCLA got. It wouldn't hurt UNC the true kingmaker of the conference IMO.

No need to flip divisions things run in cycles. Miami has a real young team and will be good next year they only lose 1 starter on both sides of the ball.

If they don't go on probation for a decade.

no rutgers was always a serious possible candidate to go to big ten
Agreed, they were going somewhere at some point before everything was done (surprised they went so early) just because of location.

If they don't go on probation for a decade.

NCAA isn't going to KILL them I think they will get a decent punishment. USC got a 2 year bowl ban and 30 loss schollies. Miami self-imposing 2 bowl bans in back to back years will lessen the blow. Also, Golden has been clean I don't believe the NCAA will hammer them much more than maybe at most another 2 years the adminstration has done a good job lessening the blow unlike Ohio State. Also, N. Carolina and Virginia Tech will be top 25ish teams next year. If Gio Bernard doesn't leave UNC they will be even better, and VPI will bounce back. The Coastal is fine IMO.

Next move has to be lville. Lville + cincy makes the acc connected again while bypassing wv, and maryland. It also builds the land bridge to indiana.

Lville will be in the big 12 unless the acc acts now. If uconn ends up big 10 so be it but the big 12 isnt taking them and the acc needs to position themselves vs the big 12 regardless of what the big 10 does.

Adding lville and cinci strengthens the acc vs the big 12s potential plans which is all that currently matters.

The best offense is strong defense right now.

As to Notre Dame... If they wanted to be in the big 10 they would be. If they dont fully join the acc fairly soon that is where theyll end up. The days of football independence are numbered for them. Theyll either end up acc by choice or big 10 by necessity. Im sure they see that as clearly as I do which should bode well for the acc.

Take UConn and match them up with BC as a rival...so SU can get matched with a decent buddy (not BC).

I can see FSU, but I don't get all the Clemson worship. Since when did they become a conference driver?

This. Since when should any of us give a spit what clempsun thinks or does?

Next move has to be lville. Lville + cincy makes the acc connected again while bypassing wv, and maryland. It also builds the land bridge to indiana.

Lville will be in the big 12 unless the acc acts now. If uconn ends up big 10 so be it but the big 12 isnt taking them and the acc needs to position themselves vs the big 12 regardless of what the big 10 does.

Adding lville and cinci strengthens the acc vs the big 12s potential plans which is all that currently matters.

As to Notre Dame... If they wanted to be in the big 10 they would be. If they dont fully join the acc fairly soon that is where theyll end up. The days of football independence are numbered for them. Theyll either end up acc by choice or big 10 by necessity. Im sure they see that as clearly as I do which should bode well for the acc.

That is silly. The B12 has no plans for Louisville that don't also include an ACC team. Even if they did it is Louisville, who cares they add no value to the B12. You really think we should make our decision over the battle for the almighty Louisville?

Even if they were interested in fully joining, Notre Dame doesn't need a land bridge. They'll descend out of the clouds like an angel, or so I've been told. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Ville and Cinci were last calls to the remnants of the BE, who cares where they go. They will not make or break a conference.

The original BE football members (minus the one that was booted) have all landed somewhere. In an ideal world, if the ACC expands by one it would be by adding a non-BE school (too many life-boated members could cause rescuer's boat to sink). The only real way to do that is to add ND or BYU. BYU is way out of the ACC footprint, which leaves ND. Had ND been locked out of the BCS Championship it could've convinced them that conference membership has its privileges. It would be best to put some more effort into the ND->ACC transition plan (including a comprehensive TV package) before simply adding another BE refugee.

My opinion is that if the ACC invites multiple teams it's because it's hoping to make everyone happy. I think FSU wants Louisville and the basketball schools want UCONN. So Swofford's approach might be to add three teams and hope that it satisfies them all.

But why foreclose the last spot for Notre Dame? That doesn't make any sense. What do you get by adding Cincinnati ?

If They HAVE to go 16, and one is not ND, then I say add l'ville, and Uconn, then go and offer WVU.

If they don't have full time Notre Dame, they don't HAVE to go to 16, and frankly, they would be crazy to.

Good post, but the ACC needs to feed FSU's ego a little.

It's got to be damn near a deal breaker for FSU, with the leaks going on out there. I think we gain more as a football league with Louisville than UConn. UConn obviously has been a great hoops program, but there's no guarantee that continues. They say the same about us, but we've got the Melo Center, we've got 30,000+ in the Dome, which is still a unique experience that the players are all awed by (granted, only when it's nearly full). I don't see UConn's version of The Rent. They have to travel to their home games. I could easily see them taking a step back, despite their demographics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom