Moyer to Redshirt | Syracusefan.com

Moyer to Redshirt

Moyer can still practice, the only thing he wont' get is into the actual games, but it was pretty unlikely he would have played much anyway. I think this was an easy sell to him - the kid loves SU, and now will have 4 years of eligibility left (if he doesn't leave early) and be a main piece as a freshman in 2017.

Howard/Gillon/Battle at the Guards
Battle/White/Lydon/TRob/TT on the wings
DC/PC/Lydon/TT at the 5

We have so many versatile pieces that it will be hard to get Moyer any decent PT. Ironically, he would have gotten playing time last year!

I just hope we don't have any injuries, if we do all the sudden we won't have as much depth as we though.
We can sustain 1 injury probably (depends who) - but in the nature of how CBB is today, most schools don't have more than 8 quality players.

Also, we could burn his RS at any time if something of signifigance happened

This is best for him and us. I couldn't see minutes for him even if we had an injury. TT yes but not Moyer. He will be a big part of next years team though. It has to be a hard decision but of all the kids to do it I would think he would be the one. Really positive and hard working kid from everything I've seen.

Great decision. His only path to minutes would have required a couple of our most important players to get injured, and then he'd have still been an overmatched kid getting minutes for a middle-of-the-road team.

We're going to be real happy to have him as an All-ACC player in 2020 and 2021.

Great decision. His only path to minutes would have required a couple of our most important players to get injured, and then he'd have still been an overmatched kid getting minutes for a middle-of-the-road team.

That was basically the same comment I made 5 years ago (wow, 5 years ago!) when Cooney redshirted. Cooney maybe never reached all league level, but his value last year was a hell of a lot more than it would have been on that stacked 2012 roster

Agreed. The quality of the players playing his position, coupled with where Matt is right now made this a really good decision. A year spent lifting weights and working on his game, especially his outside shooting, is really going to help him.

In October of 2020, we are going to be really happy this happened.

Moyer can still practice, the only thing he wont' get is into the actual games, but it was pretty unlikely he would have played much anyway. I think this was an easy sell to him - the kid loves SU, and now will have 4 years of eligibility left (if he doesn't leave early) and be a main piece as a freshman in 2017.

Howard/Gillon/Battle at the Guards
Battle/White/Lydon/TRob/TT on the wings
DC/PC/Lydon/TT at the 5

We have so many versatile pieces that it will be hard to get Moyer any decent PT. Ironically, he would have gotten playing time last year!
And he can spend time playing the violin! He can serenade us at halftimes! I can picture it now . . . . . .
tumblr_nrg9xutOOE1uz2g97o1_500.gif

Kill the wabbit! Kill the WA - oops! (Wrong thread.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom