Moyer to Redshirt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer to Redshirt

Good for him. It takes a different type of kid to willingly accept what their role was going to be and ensure the best possible outcome for the future giving himself an extra year. A kid this driven and smart will obviously use that extra year to add to his education (if he doesn't blow up as an NBA prospect before that). Great move. He's probably giving up, what, 75-100 minutes of game time for a possible 5th year where he could carry the team. Long term over the short term.

You have to think he'll leave here with a master's in five years.

Hell, given his alleged academic chops, he'll leave here with multiple master's if he stays five years.

Seriously, if he really intends to get a degree in a hard science, redshirting might be the most realistic way to pursue that. I'm still skeptical that he'd be allowed to maintain a practice schedule while attending his labs, but it's a lot easier to keep up with coursework when you're not burning weekends at the Doubletree in South Bend and getting off a plane at 3:00 a.m. on a school night.

Smart move for him and the team. He's nowhere close to ready and isn't going to get minutes anyway. With our current and future roster he'll probably end up being a 4 year starter if he plays the 3 as long as Lydon leaves (which I figure is a lock).

sets him up to be a player in the Summer 2021 5th year grad transfer market ;)

And he can spend time playing the violin! He can serenade us at halftimes! I can picture it now . . . . . .
tumblr_nrg9xutOOE1uz2g97o1_500.gif

Kill the wabbit! Kill the WA - oops! (Wrong thread.)

Pulp-Fiction-by-rosanna-arquette.jpg

sets him up to be a player in the Summer 2021 5th year grad transfer market ;)

If he would actually leave his 5th year, why would we want him anyway? Means he wasn't good enough to play as a 5th year player here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom