NBA Draft Tonight | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

thats one i can't buy, maybe the team is trying to get Hahn to push that
Said they sensed they were being used for leverage and backed out. I don't really buy it either but Phil was saying he wanted defense and Lopez fits that description more than Monroe.

Btw, ouch Clippers. No money to spend and no Center on the roster.

Knicks411 said:
There is debate about whether or not the Knicks offered Monroe the max. I'm not sure which is worse; in this situation, Monroe is clearly a max guy, so not offering him the max is dumb. But also, if they did, well then like you said, a guy picked the Bucks over the Knicks with the money being equal.

Bucks are a far better team and an infinitely better fit style-wise. Also, Kidd is becoming a very good, forward-thinking coach (to my dismay as a Nets fan) while Fisher...ehhhh

And DJ to the Mavs.

Good job GM Doc. No bench. No DJ. Barely any cap flexibility. And one toxic wing in lance Stephenson.

And DJ to the Mavs.

Good job GM Doc. No bench. No DJ. Barely any cap flexibility. And one toxic wing in lance Stephenson.
Jimmy Kimmel was talking last night about Pierce and maybe now Kendrick Perkins going back to play for Doc, Kimmel's punch line was that Doc the gm should not just call players who are in his phone book.

Phoenix stole LAC's backup of Chandler. I can't believe Jordan left Chris Paul as his PG for Dallas. Doc Rivers the GM is not as good as Doc the coach.
Dallas just switched Chandler for Jordan they got a little younger, but they aren't a contender in the West.

I hate how the narrative has become LA Lakers and NY Knicks have become jokes with FAs. Actually it is the CBA and max contracts have hurt them and players want to win when money is the same.

BTW Knicks where would you rank LaMarcus Aldridge in your NBA players. I see him as Chris Bosh in Toronto guy. He is a legit all-star, but I don't see him as the best player on a championship team. I would put LA barely in the top 25.

Woj is saying the Clippers are desperately trying to get Koutas Koufos via sign and trade from Memphis or Griffin will have to move to C and play smallball.

Woj is saying the Clippers are desperately trying to get Koutas Koufos via sign and trade from Memphis or Griffin will have to move to C and play smallball.
The Cavs were eying him, too, before they went out and got Mozgov.

Phoenix stole LAC's backup of Chandler. I can't believe Jordan left Chris Paul as his PG for Dallas. Doc Rivers the GM is not as good as Doc the coach.
Dallas just switched Chandler for Jordan they got a little younger, but they aren't a contender in the West.

I hate how the narrative has become LA Lakers and NY Knicks have become jokes with FAs. Actually it is the CBA and max contracts have hurt them and players want to win when money is the same.

BTW Knicks where would you rank LaMarcus Aldridge in your NBA players. I see him as Chris Bosh in Toronto guy. He is a legit all-star, but I don't see him as the best player on a championship team. I would put LA barely in the top 25.
Not a smart move by Jordan I agree. His scoring will suffer without a PG like Paul setting him up. You get the feeling that a lot of his decision is driven by personal relations...meaning he didn't like some of the Clips people involved. He made a comment that none of his teammates attended his meeting with the team to show they wanted him back. While Dirk cut his vacation short to attend the meeting with the Mavs and show how much he wanted him to come over. I also get the feeling he didn't like his role in the Clips offense that Doc put him in. Those type of things influenced his decision, even though it seems obvious the Clips (with him) would be the stronger team and a more serious contender.

I agree Aldridge is kinda like Bosh but beefier and stronger.

Monroe isn't even that good, if the Knicks were my team I'd rather have them not sign him at the max or near the max and wait until there is somebody worthy of a max contract, even if it is next year.

Monroe isn't even that good, if the Knicks were my team I'd rather have them not sign him at the max or near the max and wait until there is somebody worthy of a max contract, even if it is next year.

I am glad the Knicks didn't spend money because they could, next years FA class will be better.

Briancuse said:
I am glad the Knicks didn't spend money because they could, next years FA class will be better.

I just like that they appear to have a plan, and it includes patience and not overpaying. That alone is a miracle.

I just like that they appear to have a plan, and it includes patience and not overpaying. That alone is a miracle.
You must've missed the $10 mil we just gave Derrick Williams for 2 years, player option second year.

If elite FAs didn't sign with the NYK why will they next year? When the two LA teams will have over 30 million in cap space, Miami will have over 25 million. NYK will have 30 million. Players want to win when the money is the same.

I give Phil credit for getting Afflalo on a good contract. Lopez got crazy money and NYK don't have a first round pick next year. I thin NY will be a contender along with 5 other East teams for the 8th seed. Apparently one of the reasons Monroe didn't go to NY was Phil didn't like the opt-out option in the 3rd year. Monroe can opt out of Milwaukee after 2 years.

If elite FAs didn't sign with the NYK why will they next year? When the two LA teams will have over 30 million in cap space, Miami will have over 25 million. NYK will have 30 million. Players want to win when the money is the same.

I give Phil credit for getting Afflalo on a good contract. Lopez got crazy money and NYK don't have a first round pick next year. I thin NY will be a contender along with 5 other East teams for the 8th seed. Apparently one of the reasons Monroe didn't go to NY was Phil didn't like the opt-out option in the 3rd year. Monroe can opt out of Milwaukee after 2 years.
If we had Melo, Afflalo and Lopez this year going into Free Agency, I think we could've snagged a big name. We literally had nothing except Melo coming off an injury.

If we had Melo, Afflalo and Lopez this year going into Free Agency, I think we could've snagged a big name. We literally had nothing except Melo coming off an injury.
Afflalo is going to either have a good year and opt-out and get paid when you see Monte Ellis get 4 yr 44 million or he will suck and opt in.

Lopez is a good player but not a 14 million a year guy when he is a career 8ppg, 5rpg guy and is defense is good, but not all-defensive team good.

Next year's FA class. Kevin Durant, Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Nic Batum, Al Jefferson, and the 2012 draft class will be RFA.

Can't wait for next year.

The salary cap is going to be raised by $22M per team after next season...a 33% increase because of the new national TV contract. So all salaries will inflate. When that happens Robin Lopez' contract won't look that bad. If you look at his recent performance he can be a 10pt/7 reb guy who plays good defense and finally gives the NYK a shot blocking presence in the paint with 1.4 BPG. Had he gone to the Clips to replace Jordan, they would be ecstatic.

Williams is not a bad signing either. Hes been stuck in minny and sacramento so the drawbacks in his game may be fixable give as he is only 24. He is a high energy guy which could be a nice addition if he can contribute consistently.

NYK sign Derrick Williams PF for 2 yrs $10M. 2nd year is player option. Meh. He's hasn't done much since being 2nd overall pick in 2011. Last year 8 pts/ 2.7 rebs in 20 minutes. Nothing great, surprisingly poor reb numbers. Now the NYK have three 4's...Porzingis, Williams, and Melo (who's best position now is 4 not 3. He can't guard the quick 3's. I would have rather seen Phil get a good 3. Tried for Cory Brewer but he re-signed with Houston. Tobias Harris was too expensive.

And I just showed you a draft where nearly the entire 2nd round was decimated. The notion that 2nd rounders having 10+ year careers in the NBA as being fairly common is lunacy. It happens but it's a distinct minority.

It looks like Rak's future in Cleveland might be limited. Love just re-upped for 5 years. Mozgof's in the fold. Varejao likely back too. Tristan Thompson also set to sign a new LT deal.

And yet it happens on a regular basis. None of what you posted means Rak's future in Cleveland is limited. You can root against the kid if you want, but it doesn't mean he won't have a good career.

Real iffy on Williams, thinking we could've spent the money better somewhere else but it is what it is.

As it stands Williams and Porzingis are the PF's. Melo plays SF but with those 2 guys he can guard the other teams 3 or 4 depending on matchups and still set up wherever he wants on offense as Porzingis spaces the floor and Williams can spot up and cut.

Calderon
Afflalo
Melo
Williams
Lopez

Grant
Galloway
Porzingis

We still need a legit backup SF and C.

Real iffy on Williams, thinking we could've spent the money better somewhere else but it is what it is.

As it stands Williams and Porzingis are the PF's. Melo plays SF but with those 2 guys he can guard the other teams 3 or 4 depending on matchups and still set up wherever he wants on offense as Porzingis spaces the floor and Williams can spot up and cut.

Calderon
Afflalo
Melo
Williams
Lopez

Grant
Galloway
Porzingis

We still need a legit backup SF and C.
Omg that lineup is horrible.

And yet it happens on a regular basis. None of what you posted means Rak's future in Cleveland is limited. You can root against the kid if you want, but it doesn't mean he won't have a good career.

That's a nice stretch. Who said I was rooting against him? I said a ten year + career was possible but rather unlikely. What is so hard about that POV to understand?

longislandcuse said:
Real iffy on Williams, thinking we could've spent the money better somewhere else but it is what it is. As it stands Williams and Porzingis are the PF's. Melo plays SF but with those 2 guys he can guard the other teams 3 or 4 depending on matchups and still set up wherever he wants on offense as Porzingis spaces the floor and Williams can spot up and cut. Calderon Afflalo Melo Williams Lopez Grant Galloway Porzingis We still need a legit backup SF and C.

Picking up other teams scraps. Not a playoff team again. Melo was scammed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom