"NBA looks boring" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"NBA looks boring"

Briancuse said:
If you can do one thing really well, then your chances of having a good career increase. Kaminski does one thing really well. Grant doesn't have that one thing, nor does he have a position.

Like Alsacs said, Grant may be the best athlete in the draft. He even gets one or two NBA level skills to the point where he's average at them he is going to be a beast with that athleticism.

Kaminski does what thing really well? He's not a great athlete and a mid range jumper is not going to be nearly effective with NBA athletes playing defense on him. Kaminski is not a great prospect and I don't think that changes next year. I hope he finds the euro or Australian league less boring than the NBA.

If his comments even mattered a little bit I'm sure we would be hearing from the NBAs best putting this chump in his place, fortunately for him he's irrelevant.

Big difference is I am not getting paid. Noone would EVER leave college if the starting salary was $100,000 for a mid first round pick. Funny how their "dream" would be put on the back burner.

Its grab the cash and run and it sucks and that is why the NBA is dead to me.

Um. Yeah, they would.

Like Alsacs said, Grant may be the best athlete in the draft. He even gets one or two NBA level skills to the point where he's average at them he is going to be a beast with that athleticism.

Kaminski does what thing really well? He's not a great athlete and a mid range jumper is not going to be nearly effective with NBA athletes playing defense on him. Kaminski is not a great prospect and I don't think that changes next year. I hope he finds the euro or Australian league less boring than the NBA. If he even mattered a little bit I'm sure we would be hearing from the NBAs best putting this chump in his place, fortunately for him he's irrelevant.

Lets not get nuts here, the best athlete in the draft. What nba level skills does he possess right now, other than being a good athlete? Kaminski is a terrific shooter, and he has the one thing you can't coach.

Jerami Grant has the physical tools to be an NBA player. That's why he's leaving and Frank Kaminski isn't.

The NBA playoffs is the opposite of boring...but that's not what Kaminsky is talking about.

He's talking about the regular season games for average teams with poor fan bases like Charlotte, Milwaukee, etc. You can hear a pin drop in some of those games. When it comes to all-around atmosphere and the passion of the fans, college wins. That's what he's saying and he's right.

Briancuse said:
Lets not get nuts here, the best athlete in the draft. What nba level skills does he possess right now, other than being a good athlete? Kaminski is a terrific shooter, and he has the one thing you can't coach.

Name better pure athletes in the draft. He's up there athletically with Wiggins and Gordon.

Terrific shooter? I'd say he's a good shooter for his size, but let's not try to translate his mid 30s 3pt percentage and say it's going to be the same in the big leagues. He's not going to get the looks he got in college. He has the height, but that's it. I can't imagine what the Chris Bosh's and other great 4s of the NBA are going to do to this guy.

There's a reason why Grant is projected in the first round and Kaminski is on the border and probably projected more in the second round. I think myself and others have stated the reasons with legit info and opinions.

Pittsnogle was a better shooter than Kaminski FYI.

Name better pure athletes in the draft. He's up there athletically with Wiggins and Gordon.

Terrific shooter? I'd say he's a good shooter for his size, but let's not try to translate his mid 30s 3pt percentage and say it's going to be the same in the big leagues. He's not going to get the looks he got in college. He has the height, but that's it. I can't imagine what the Chris Bosh's and other great 4s of the NBA are going to do to this guy.

There's a reason why Grant is projected in the first round and Kaminski is on the border and probably projected more in the second round. I think myself and others have stated the reasons with legit info and opinions.

Pittsnogle was a better shooter than Kaminski FYI.

From an athletic standpoint Embid, Parker,Smart , Young from Uk is up there. There are a lot of comparable athletes in the draft.

He is shooting 38 percent from 3, that is pretty good. Grant is projected to be a first round pick, and he probably will be. We have no idea now where Kaminksi would have been taken, so it is a moot point.

nah, i will find the report. its like 14th among sports. you can like whatever you choose obviously, but its a very boring waste of two hours.

Yeah, that's completely and totally false. And I kinda know what I'm talking about on that subject.

From an athletic standpoint Embid, Parker,Smart , Young from Uk is up there. There are a lot of comparable athletes in the draft.

He is shooting 38 percent from 3, that is pretty good. Grant is projected to be a first round pick, and he probably will be. We have no idea now where Kaminksi would have been taken, so it is a moot point.

I don't know that it helps your arguement that you just compared Grant to four guys likely to go top five.

I don't know that it helps your arguement that you just compared Grant to four guys likely to go top five.

I was just giving him a couple, but there are more who are just as athletic as Grant is.

Briancuse said:
From an athletic standpoint Embid, Parker,Smart , Young from Uk is up there. There are a lot of comparable athletes in the draft. He is shooting 38 percent from 3, that is pretty good. Grant is projected to be a first round pick, and he probably will be. We have no idea now where Kaminksi would have been taken, so it is a moot point.

It's not a moot point, he probably wouldn't be a first round pick or if he was he'd be at the tail end of the first round.

You named some great athletes no doubt, but you're discrediting Grant's athletic ability if you don't have him up there with them. I personally don't think Grant has a ton of basketball skill and outside finishing above the rim he probably doesn't have one NBA skill, with all that said look at the numbers he put up for us, even with the lack of skills. If Grant can put a few skills together and get a little more size, he is going to be a solid NBA player and maybe more. Kaminski is what he is, he may have shot 38% from 3 in college but I don't think he even attempts too many 3s at the NBA level because he isn't going to have the looks he had in college and he isn't going to have an NBA offense ran through him.

The only player in Jerami Grant's class in this draft class in terms of NBA athleticism is Aaron Gordon. Gordon can't shoot either he is a projected top 10 pick. Grant's shot isn't a train wreck he will be fine in the NBA as long as he stays healthy and keeps playing.

It's not a moot point, he probably wouldn't be a first round pick or if he was he'd be at the tail end of the first round.

You named some great athletes no doubt, but you're discrediting Grant's athletic ability if you don't have him up there with them. I personally don't think Grant has a ton of basketball skill and outside finishing above the rim he probably doesn't have one NBA skill, with all that said look at the numbers he put up for us, even with the lack of skills. If Grant can put a few skills together and get a little more size, he is going to be a solid NBA player and maybe more. Kaminski is what he is, he may have shot 38% from 3 in college but I don't think he even attempts too many 3s at the NBA level because he isn't going to have the looks he had in college and he isn't going to have an NBA offense ran through him.

I think Kaminski would have been a first round pick, but now we will never know. I am not knocking Grant at all, he is a very good athlete. That alone doesn't turn you into a good nba player. He still has a lot of work to do.

The only player in Jerami Grant's class in this draft class in terms of NBA athleticism is Aaron Gordon. Gordon can't shoot either he is a projected top 10 pick. Grant's shot isn't a train wreck he will be fine in the NBA as long as he stays healthy and keeps playing.

That just isn't true, so you are telling me parker, embid, smart, wiggins aren't as good of an athlete?

That just isn't true, so you are telling me parker, embid, smart, wiggins aren't as good of an athlete?

I think he's more athletic than Parker, and doesn't carry the injury stigma that Embiid has, so there's that.

His athleticism is right there with anyone else in the draft.

Parker isn't an elite athlete. Its just plain and simple. He isn't a great defender because he lacks the lateral quickness to defend smaller guys. Parker isn't a guy with more athleticism than Grant. Smart, Embiid are good athletes, but Grant is better than both of them. Wiggins belongs in the class with Gordon, and Grant. I don't get how you think athleticism is one of Parker's pluses he has many of them, but athleticism isn't one of them. Embiid has health red flags. Smart's athleticism wasn't off the charts either.

I think he's more athletic than Parker, and doesn't carry the injury stigma that Embiid has, so there's that.

His athleticism is right there with anyone else in the draft.

Parker is a much better player at this point, and embid's upside is much higher. Being a great athlete isn't just how high you can jump, or how fast you can run.

The NBA regular season is utterly worthless and brutal to watch for the most part. 1,230 games of nothing. I do enjoy the playoffs but I usually turn the games on in the third quarter and watch from there. I enjoy the college game so much more than the NBA game but the new rules in college frustrated me this year. I'm a big fan of physical basketball. I honestly can't remember the last regular season NBA game I've watched on tv intently from start to finish, maybe it has never happened. You could shave the number of teams down to 16 and nobody would care as long as the big name teams were the ones remaining.

The NBA will always be behind NCAAF, NFL, Soccer, Men's college basketball, and recently playoff hockey has been overtaking it in terms of my personal viewership.

Parker is a much better player at this point, and embid's upside is much higher. Being a great athlete isn't just how high you can jump, or how fast you can run.

Parker has more refined basketball skills, and is the most NBA ready player in the draft. But he's not more athletic than Grant.

The NBA regular season is utterly worthless

As much as I enjoy the journey of the college basketball season, the facts are a #8 and #7 seed were in the title game this year making the college basketball regular season that much more worthless.

At least in the NBA you get actual home court...what happened in college...

Congrats on your great regular season, Villanova, here's UCONN in Buffalo. Real advantage there.

Oxymoron: loving the game of basketball but hating the game of basketball played at the highest level.
There are plenty of people who much prefer either college or high school football to pro. And the NBA seems to have so much flopping, which for guys that talented, makes it seem pretty pathetic at times. And there are so many timeouts that the last few minutes seem to drag on and on. College games are shorter, and I like two halves instead of four quarters, so they don't have this issue.

Kamminsky realizes that they fine for flopping in the NBA and wanted no part of it. That and the fact that he got exposed by athletic bigs in the Final Four.

exum might be the most athletic of them all honestly.. hes going to be unreal..

Okay you can put Dante Exum in the Aaron Gordon, Andruw Wiggins, Jerami Grant class, but these guys are the elite athletes.

Okay you can put Dante Exum in the Aaron Gordon, Andruw Wiggins, Jerami Grant class, but these guys are the elite athletes.
Grant is absolutely one of the best athletes, but he has soooo many things he needs to improve in order to play efficiently in the NBA... Athletically, you are correct.. That's what they are drafting on nowadays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom