"NBA looks boring" | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

"NBA looks boring"

totally off base, and i take it you haven't watched the playoffs? i have admitted the regular season is a bit of a bore, but the playoffs are like March Madness intensity wise. As for no defense i don't know what to tell you. These guys are so good offensively the defense doesn't even matter. Do you see some of the shots these guys hit? It's not the defenses fault, it's the greatness of some of the offensive players.
Exactly. Take a random playoff team, say Charlotte and put them in a game against one the past years Final 4 teams, have Charlotte play Playoff level defense and I doubt the F4 team of your choosing scores 15 points all game.

the NBA ap0logists crack me up. I pity them in a way.
From what I've been seeing "game at its highest level" means a game being played while physical assaults are committed. Its an ugly game. Of course SU's games this year were pretty ugly too.

Its baseball and golf season. Hoops are over. The fact that they drag this on till June is pathetic.

High level or no high level I just cant watch it. Its like watching a video of your ex wife and a guy she left you for screwing. F the NBA
I'm sure the NBA is really worried that you said F them. This has been a great post season.

There are plenty of people who much prefer either college or high school football to pro. And the NBA seems to have so much flopping, which for guys that talented, makes it seem pretty pathetic at times. And there are so many timeouts that the last few minutes seem to drag on and on.
The games do take forever to end. That's a fair point.

I've seen very little flopping in these playoffs though.

I have no issues with Kaminsky's comments. Find them kinda refreshing. And the "boring" comment seemed like it was in the context of playing at sold-out Kohl vs. someplace like Charlotte.

The games do take forever to end. That's a fair point.

I've seen very little flopping in these playoffs though.

I saw one last night by Reddick in the key spot. Foul went against Reddick. Was fantastic.

From what I've been seeing "game at its highest level" means a game being played while physical assaults are committed. Its an ugly game. Of course SU's games this year were pretty ugly too.

That was a valid criticism of the NBA about 20 years ago. I really don't see how it's an ugly game.

If anything, over the last decade or so the NBA game has steadily gotten less ugly, while college has gotten much uglier. That Pitt, Louisville hands on defense that is so prevalent in college and that they were supposed to clean up this past year but didn't, doesn't fly in the NBA.

Kemba Walker was so destitute he didn't have enough time for mundane things like learning to read.

The nba regular season is a complete bore, everyone makes the playoffs, and good teams routinely go through the motions.

That was a valid criticism of the NBA about 20 years ago. I really don't see how it's an ugly game.

If anything, over the last decade or so the NBA game has steadily gotten less ugly, while college has gotten much uglier. That Pitt, Louisville hands on defense that is so prevalent in college and that they were supposed to clean up this past year but didn't, doesn't fly in the NBA.
This. CBB is FUGLY right now.

Which is why there needs to be a 2 or 3 year put into place. It will help the college game, the kids, and the nba as well.

That, and get officials to start calling fouls correctly again. Officiating is a complete mess in college hoops right now.

That, and get officials to start calling fouls correctly again. Officiating is a complete mess in college hoops right now.

The problem with officiating is these guys are working too much. They are in Syracuse on a Monday, Then East Lansing on Tuesday, and Durham on Wed. They need to hire more refs, these guys are overworked.

That Blazers-Rockets game I just watched was pretty boring.

And by pretty boring, I mean it was FRIGGIN' INCREDIBLE.

That was great. I'm sad that series is over though. My favorite series of the incredible first round.

I agree the NBA regular season can get really boring and 82 games is way too many for to follow each of them. However, these playoffs have been beyond good. 8 First round series 2 of them were finished within 5 games, 1 ended last night in 6 games in a dagger 3 pt shot at the buzzer, and we have 5 Game 7's between today and tomorrow. That is crazy.

These Western conference playoffs have been unbelievable good. 3 of the 4 are going 7 games, and that ridiculous Portland-Houston series just ended in 6 games with 3 OT games and that walkoff dagger by Lillard.

Fireball Jr. said:
Another boring NBA playoff game -- regular snoozefest -- as Damian Lillard hits a three at the buzzer to oust Houston. Crowd could not be more bored. YouTube Video

And the atmosphere was awful. I can't believe they actually show these games live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom