"NBA looks boring" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"NBA looks boring"

I don't care about software engineering students. It is refreshing to see a kid who realizes that the nba will always be an option, and embrace college basketball.

Easy take to have when your not a lock for the 1st rd

nah, i will find the report. its like 14th among sports. you can like whatever you choose obviously, but its a very boring waste of two hours.

I'm not sure where you got 14th from, but according to a Harris Poll conducted earlier this year, the NBA was the 5th most popular sport behind the NFL, MLB, college football and NASCAR.

Until a kid comes out and says "I want to get paid" I have no respect for them when they say "Its my dream to play in the NBA". Speak the truth and it will mean more.

I'm not sure where you got 14th from, but according to a Harris Poll conducted earlier this year, the NBA was the 5th most popular sport behind the NFL, MLB, college football and NASCAR.

Inside the NBA on at 1 AM EST doubled pretty much every NHL Playoff game. It's not even worth it to have this debate with someone ignorant to TV ratings.

Until a kid comes out and says "I want to get paid" I have no respect for them when they say "Its my dream to play in the NBA". Speak the truth and it will mean more.

But Marsh, the same honesty rule goes for college basketball fans, as well. 9 times out of 10 when a college basketball fan says that a player needs to "go back to school to work on his game and work on his degree" what he really means is "I want my team to compete for a national title."

nah, i will find the report. its like 14th among sports. you can like whatever you choose obviously, but its a very boring waste of two hours.

Yeah I don't think that is anywhere near accurate.

But Marsh, the same honesty rule goes for college basketball fans, as well. 9 times out of 10 when a college basketball fan says that a player needs to "go back to school to work on his game and work on his degree" what he really means is "I want my team to compete for a national title."

Not all the time, The only cuse player I ever had an issue with leaving early was Donte. Obviously everyone wants to have the best team that they can, but Ennis and Grant really do need work on their games.

Love his honesty and humble self-assessment

"I don't think I would be able to live with the regret of skipping my last year of college to be a potential D-League player or end up in Europe," he wrote. "I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been drafted. I believe that one day I will be put on an NBA roster, but that doesn't happen right away for most people. Especially for a 7-foot white kid with average athleticism."

Big difference is I am not getting paid. Noone would EVER leave college if the starting salary was $100,000 for a mid first round pick. Funny how their "dream" would be put on the back burner.

Its grab the cash and run and it sucks and that is why the NBA is dead to me.

Here's my issue with the NBA...

The level of play is TOO high.

The fact the players are soooo good comes off to me like they are not even trying.

Inside the NBA on at 1 AM EST doubled pretty much every NHL Playoff game. It's not even worth it to have this debate with someone ignorant to TV ratings.

Shaq, Charles, Kenny, and Ernie, with the occasional Webber and Grant Hill are incredible together.

Shaq, Charles, Kenny, and Ernie, with the occasional Webber and Grant Hill are incredible together.

During playoff season, I watch every night. 10-10:30 out here in the west coast.. better than any late night show out there

During playoff season, I watch every night. 10-10:30 out here in the west coast.. better than any late night show out there

It's incredibly good TV. They all feed off of eachother so well.

You can not like the NBA, that's fine and to each their own, but to come out and say flat-out that it is unwatchable? Cmon maaaaaaan. These playoffs have been AMAZING. Maybe the best first round, collectively, in the past 20 years. Some of these games are truly epic.

Briancuse said:
I love it, I wish more kids had this perspective.

He only has that perspective because he isn't a big prospect.

It's like me saying "Jennifer Love Hewitt isn't really that great looking, I have my Roseanne right here and she is way hotter"

He only has that perspective because he isn't a big prospect.

It's like me saying "Jennifer Love Hewitt isn't really that great looking, I have my Roseanne right here and she is way hotter"

The kid is 7 feet and can shoot, of course he is a big prospect.

Briancuse said:
The kid is 7 feet and can shoot, of course he is a big prospect.

Kevin Pittsnogle could shoot too.

He isn't a big time prospect or he would probably be gone.

Kevin Pittsnogle could shoot too.

He isn't a big time prospect or he would probably be gone.

He is much better than pittsnogle. If you were an nba team and you were looking at Grant or Kaminsky, who would you take?

Briancuse said:
He is much better than pittsnogle. If you were an nba team and you were looking at Grant or Kaminsky, who would you take?

Depends what team I was. If I'm looking for young talent and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle then I'm going Grant 10 out of 10 times. If I have a solid team and need some quality minutes off the bench and want more of a finished product I can't get from free agency then I draft Kaminski. But I think in most circumstances I would take Grant.

Depends what team I was. If I'm looking for young talent and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle then I'm going Grant 10 out of 10 times. If I have a solid team and need some quality minutes off the bench and want more of a finished product I can't get from free agency then I draft Kaminski. But I think in most circumstances I would take Grant.

If you can do one thing really well, then your chances of having a good career increase. Kaminski does one thing really well. Grant doesn't have that one thing, nor does he have a position.

If you can do one thing really well, then your chances of having a good career increase. Kaminski does one thing really well. Grant doesn't have that one thing, nor does he have a position.
Good to know your an NBA scout now like newmexicuse is. My god its your opinion Grant doesn't have 1 thing he is good at. Grant is one of the best athletes and can defend in the NBA. His athleticism is off the charts and he can improve in the NBA just as much as he could at SU. If Kaminski was safely in the lottery like Marcus Smart was last year his comments would carry weight, but he is a fringe 1st round pick so he can make these comments.

Grant may have that one thing...he may be that versatile forward who can defend both the 3 and 4 spots. It's hard to know because we play zone, but he would seem to have all of the tools needed to be a good defender at both forward spots.

Good to know your an NBA scout now like newmexicuse is. My god its your opinion Grant doesn't have 1 thing he is good at. Grant is one of the best athletes and can defend in the NBA. His athleticism is off the charts and he can improve in the NBA just as much as he could at SU. If Kaminski was safely in the lottery like Marcus Smart was last year his comments would carry weight, but he is a fringe 1st round pick so he can make these comments.

Ok then tell me the one thing that Grant does really well. He is a very good athlete, but there have been a lot of really good athletes who didn't make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom