NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Honestly if I were NBA Commissoner Adam Silver I would not veto any Andrew Bogut trade. If Durant wants to take a lot less money to go to Golden State go ahead but GS needs to move Bogut for him to get a max deal.

Teams in the East can take Bogut for GS to give Durant the max but they would be stupid to give the Warriors any help in building this crazy superpower for the next decade.

Won't happen. The only reason the CP3 trade got vetoed is because the NBA owner the Hornets at the time.

LeBron's at a point in his career and life where, I'd guess, he needs challenges. This past season, it was Stephamania. Now, he has the GS Big Three Plus. Giddy-up! Wonder if the NBA TV people will schedule the Cavs-Warriors opening night or on Christmas.

Does D. Wade go to Cleveland now?

I am dead serious no NBA GM should trade for Andrew Bogut. If GS can't move him then they can't give Durant the MAX. Let Durant take 12 million a year over 27 million. The NBA team in the East that makes this trade would be a moron helping build the champion for the next 3-6 years.

Acquiring Bogut doesn't help you win the title it only helps GS win them.

I am dead serious no NBA GM should trade for Andrew Bogut. If GS can't move him then they can't give Durant the MAX. Let Durant take 12 million a year over 27 million. The NBA team in the East that makes this trade would be a moron helping build the champion for the next 3-6 years.

Acquiring Bogut doesn't help you win the title it only helps GS win them.
Hang on though - are you saying you'd rather the Warriors keep Bogut and also add Durant on a smaller contract? Wouldn't that help the Warriors more?

If nobody wants to trade with them they can use the stretch provision to clear Boguts salary. There's no way the rest of the NBA can prevent this.

Does D. Wade go to Cleveland now?
Nah, he's Mr. Miami, now that Durant's outta the picture, the Heat can pony up for DWade.

Love him and his game, but I like the Cavs just the way they are right now. Dellavedova and Mozgov are gone, Griffin will make a tweak here and there, the defending champs will be just fine. And, speaking of Love, he won me over in game 7 when he had double-figure rebounds, threw his big body around and shut down Curry in the clutch. LBJ, Kyrie, Love, Tristan, Swish, et al., a nice nucleus.

Westbrook probably gets traded now right? The Lakers have a lot of young players!

Hang on though - are you saying you'd rather the Warriors keep Bogut and also add Durant on a smaller contract? Wouldn't that help the Warriors more?
If Durant went to GS for 12 million it would impact his future earning potential. He wouldn't be able to get a huge jump in his salary as the increase is related to to your previous salary so if he took the paycut to go Golden State it would take him 3 years to get back that lost revenue potential .

Lebron has shown by taking these 1 year contracts that his salary goes up by the year as the MAX is tied to the salary cap. Durant would be a moron for taking half of the max he could earn and he wouldn't that.

Durant would not go to Golden State if they can't pay him the max. Thus, moving Bogut is necessity and my point is no team should acquire him. A trade takes 2 teams. It doesn't help the team acquiring him win a championship if they help GS get Durant. O

Um

This seems like kind of a bitch move.

In fairness, it's no different than Bron teaming up with Wade and Bosh six years ago, but I do agree with this.

If nobody wants to trade with them they can use the stretch provision to clear Boguts salary. There's no way the rest of the NBA can prevent this.
Stretch provision allow you to cut the salary into 5 and divide into your cap for 5 years. So they would 12/5 Bogut's salary but it would make Durant take less than the max as well.

It is happening but no need for any team to help by taking Bogut off their books.

In fairness, it's no different than Bron teaming up with Wade and Bosh six years ago, but I do agree with this.

I don't know... Miami in 2010 was a fringe playoff team. GSW is a 73 win team that barely eliminated OKC.

Guess you could go either way. The Decision was pretty clearly an LOL bad move though.

I don't know... Miami in 2010 was a fringe playoff team. GSW is a 73 win team that barely eliminated OKC.

Guess you could go either way. The Decision was pretty clearly an LOL bad move though.

I see what you are saying, but at the time everyone thought that team would win five or six titles. Those three guys were all top ten players at the time. That's why Lebron got killed then and Durant will now.

The NBA has turned into a play with your friends league though and clearly Durant wants to play with Steph and Iggy.

I see what you are saying, but at the time everyone thought that team would win five or six titles. Those three guys were all top ten players at the time. That's why Lebron got killed then and Durant will now.

The NBA has turned into a play with your friends league though and clearly Durant wants to play with Steph and Iggy.
Thompson = Wade
Green= Bosh
Curry and Durant > Lebron

Plus they still have Iguadola, Livingston, Speights, Barbosa and can sign a cheap big man in Kendreick Perkins.

This team has 4 top 15 players in the NBA they will win multiple titles.

Thompson = Wade
Green= Bosh
Curry and Durant > Lebron

Plus they still have Iguadola, Livingston, Speights, Barbosa and can sign a cheap big man in Kendreick Perkins.

This team has 4 top 15 players in the NBA they will win multiple titles.

If they stay healthy. The main negative on their two best players now is their durability. Guys 6-10 won't be as good as in the past. Now watch them go sign Dirk as that is the next rumor being floated. I really would like to see more parity in the NBA.

I think it is. Lebron didnt go to a team that just went to back to back finals and won a title, and that had just beat his team in 7 games in the conference finals.

I think it is. Lebron didnt go to a team that just went to back to back finals and won a title, and that had just beat his team in 7 games in the conference finals.

I mean he did leave Cleveland because he didn't have the necessary players to get past Boston. He just didn't go to Boston, I guess is the difference.

If LeBron were a FA after 2008 this would be like him signing with Boston.

Which had Pierce, Garnett, Allen and Rondo. The first 3 were older but had beaten LeBron in 2008.
The season next year is pointless. I mean it obvious the Finals are Golden State and Cleveland. Unless LeBron goes 35 and 10 insane it all Warriors

And just like that Mark Cuban is going to take Bogut on with Barnes in a sign and trade.

This is the type of move that really makes me appreciate the NFL.

Excitement of "Any Given Sunday" v the NBA 2016-17 season basically being a formality.

Dallas is the team taking Bogut. I don't get Cuban. The guy gets business but he is helping the team in his own conference for no a role player.
Unless Golden State is trading their first round pick every 2 years for the next 20 years. This trade makes little sense for Dallas

Dallas is the team taking Bogut. I don't get Cuban. The guy gets business but he is helping the team in his own conference for no a role player.
Unless Golden State is trading their first round pick every 2 years for the next 20 years. This trade makes little sense for Dallas

After his crying over the Chris Paul to the Lakers trade, this just makes me dislike him more. Glad he keeps striking out every year though.