NBA Playoffs | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Like him a lot. He's done good for a 30-year-old once-pudgy 6-footer who, if I remember correctly, did a serious job on his knee early on.

I realize things could turn around in the second half (not likely), but let me just see if I have this right: the Spurs won 67 games? And Leonard finished second for MVP?

The spurs have imploded, I can't believe what I am watching.
Imploded ... and gotten very old before our eyes. Pop should walk over to Billy Donovan at the end of the quarter, congratulate him, tell the refs no need for a 4th quarter, he's throwin' in the towel

I'm not shocked but I am surprised. Ginobili had an awful game. 1-6 from the floor and fouled out. Parker only played 23 minutes but was 3-6. Timmy put in 19 and 5. Kawhi didn't shoot very well.

Did the Spurs really show their age? I'm not so sure I believe that. The Thunder killed them at the line. They got to the line 31 times and were +14. And that WAS the difference as both teams made 40 FGs with 6 3s.

Watching the game, it just looked like the Thunder were getting to every 50/50 ball. Could that be the age factor? Maybe, but Pop is very good at managing minutes for his aging stars during the regular season. They won 67 games, they aren't just going to "get old" in a day.

They got punched in the mouth.

Last edited:
I'm not shocked but I am surprised. Ginobili had an awful game. 1-6 from the floor and fouled out. Parker only played 23 minutes but was 3-6. Timmy put in 19 and 5. Kawhi didn't shoot very well.

Did the Spurs really show their age? I'm not so sure I believe that. The Thunder killed them at the line. They got to the line 31 times and were +14. And that WAS the difference as both teams made 40 FGs with 6 3s.

Watching the game, it just looked like the Thunder were getting to every 50/50 ball. Could that be the age factor? Maybe, but Pop is very good at managing minutes for his aging stars during the regular season. They won 67 games, they aren't just going to "get old" in a day.

They got punched in the mouth.

Spurs will be fine. They have Kawhi and LMA locked up. They have a sit down with KD in the off season. They have a sit down with Conley in the off season. Anyone that thinks they're falling off is crazy.

BTW, after GSW smokes OKC, you'll hear the same crap about OKC. Except with KD as a FA, they are in real trouble.

Spurs role players were awful after game 1.

I am surprised that OKC beat SA but its not a huge upset. OKC has 2 of the top 10 players in the league and SA has 1.

No matter what happens against GS you have to give Billy Donovan credit I never thought he could gethis team back after the game 1 beatdown.

Dion Watters, Steven Adams, Enes Kanter game 4 thru game 6 were really good role players.

SA needs youth. If they don't add a premiere FA they will still be a 2nd round playoff team but they won't win another title without another top 30 player.

Durant was never leaving OKC this offseason. He was always most likely going to sign a 1 year extension and wait for the huge spike next year in the market.

That GS at OKC game on a Saturday night in Feb/March? was the game of the year. I just hope we get another classic like that.

I think the Warriors will beat the Thunder in 5. Warriors will hold serve at home and just win either game 3 or 4.

Durant can't leave the thunder for the Spurs now, right?

The Spurs have a lot of old dudes, but they also have one of the five best players in the league, plus another top 15-20 guy, a great front office, and the best coach in the sport. I've got them with about $54 million in committed salaries for next year, plus West/Manu/Timmy who have about $8 million in player options between them. So they're going to have pretty much max cap space to head into the off-season.

People have been seemingly writing the Spurs off for close to a decade; of all times, this is the time to not do it. (So probably they're going to start not being all that good i guess)

The Spurs have a lot of old dudes, but they also have one of the five best players in the league, plus another top 15-20 guy, a great front office, and the best coach in the sport. I've got them with about $54 million in committed salaries for next year, plus West/Manu/Timmy who have about $8 million in player options between them. So they're going to have pretty much max cap space to head into the off-season.

People have been seemingly writing the Spurs off for close to a decade; of all times, this is the time to not do it. (So probably they're going to start not being all that good i guess)
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/13/san-antonio-spurs-mike-conley-grizzlies-free-agency

Remember when I called this forever ago?

Spurs can still get 50 wins, no problem. Kawhi and LMA with Pop will make sure of that.

They absolutely can still get a meeting with KD. If OKC loses 4-0 or 4-1, KD is definitely picking up the phone. He could have put this to rest, but he didn't. He is going to meet with SAS, LA, maybe even Washington, but barring a Finals appearance, I don't think he's definitely staying.

If SAS gets Conley they'll win 55-60 games next year. If SAS gets KD, I don't care who the other players are, they'll win 65 games, if not more.

If CLE and GSW are the Finals, I think I'm going to be rooting for Cleveland.

Can't believe I'm saying that.

The

While I won't really care one way or the other, I'll also probably root for Cleveland. I like Kyrie, but mainly so we can put the whole "bring a championship to Cleveland" story behind us. Cleveland has been the best team in the playoffs. They keep making 15+ 3s a game they will win it all.

It won't happen. GSW in 4.

GS a lock. Warriors in 3.

I think LeBron has a chip on his shoulder re Steph that he's never had to deal with before.

Put me firmly in the camp that Bron is still the best player in the world.

Put Love at the five, go five out, and run with it. Go Cleveland!

I think LeBron has a chip on his shoulder re Steph that he's never had to deal with before.

Put me firmly in the camp that Bron is still the best player in the world.

Put Love at the five, go five out, and run with it. Go Cleveland!

I think you're spot-on about LeBron ... I think Steph's the best thing that could've happened to him as this point in his career.

And taking a huge risk on jettisoning the head coach in mid-season and going with a 38- (now 39, like Jack Benny)-year old with no head coaching experience has turned out to be a stroke of genius. So far.

Cleveland has played 8 games in 32 days. The winner of Toronto-Miami will have played 14 games in 32 days while losing significant rotation players in the process.

Cleveland is going to sweep thru the Eastern conference.

Warriors should beat Cleveland unless Cleveland went 3-0 at home. I can't see Cleveland winning 2 games in Oracle.

Thunder would lose to Cleveland in 5.

I am more interested in the NBA draft lottery than either conference finals. C'mon Brooklyn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom