NBA Playoffs | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Curry first unanimous MVP

Followed by kawhi, lebron, Westbrook, Durant, Paul, green, lillard, harden, lowry.

Klay made 276 three pointers this year. I'm not saying he's better than Dray, but if Steph weren't alive, people would be talking about Klay as the greatest shooter of all time. He's never shot under 40% from three for his career and has made more than 200 3pt FGs in each of his last four years.

Would you consider Dray better than Ray Allen at his apex? That's basically what the question is, except it should weighted towards Klay because of how important the three point shot is now.

I think Draymond went from underrated to overrated.

I was curious how Klay does with Steph off the court. Interestingly. this year, the 3 point % was basically the same (assuming I am doing this correctly, Klay shot 42.6% with Steph off the court and 42.4% with Steph off the court on basically the same volume). That really surprises me and definitely makes me think more of Klay than I did before I looked that up.

I think maybe a tad of an oversell of the greatest shooter of all time thing though; Steph shoots a lot more and still makes a better %, but your point is taken. But yes, I think Green is better. He's an incredibly versatile defender and makes a lot of their small lineups, which is really where they kill people, go.

Last season, Klay shot 44.5% from 3 with Steph on the court, and 40.9% with him off. The year prior 41.9% and 40.3%. Those numbers make more sense to me, so I'm going to believe them. He's a great shooter either way, don't get me wrong.

I'm trying to figure out a good comp for Green. He's not quite this good, but I think his game is similar to Scottie Pippen as far as his versatility goes. or like Dennis Rodman circa 1990 with a better offensive game? Such a unique player

I was curious how Klay does with Steph off the court. Interestingly. this year, the 3 point % was basically the same (assuming I am doing this correctly, Klay shot 42.6% with Steph off the court and 42.4% with Steph off the court on basically the same volume). That really surprises me and definitely makes me think more of Klay than I did before I looked that up.

I think maybe a tad of an oversell of the greatest shooter of all time thing though; Steph shoots a lot more and still makes a better %, but your point is taken. But yes, I think Green is better. He's an incredibly versatile defender and makes a lot of their small lineups, which is really where they kill people, go.

Last season, Klay shot 44.5% from 3 with Steph on the court, and 40.9% with him off. The year prior 41.9% and 40.3%. Those numbers make more sense to me, so I'm going to believe them. He's a great shooter either way, don't get me wrong.

I'm trying to figure out a good comp for Green. He's not quite this good, but I think his game is similar to Scottie Pippen as far as his versatility goes. or like Dennis Rodman circa 1990 with a better offensive game? Such a unique player

To me, Draymond is a better version of Boris Diaw.

To me, Draymond is a better version of Boris Diaw.

Like an incredibly rich man's version. I guess kind of like he really is, when you look at the contracts. The dude is maybe the most versatile defender in the NBA.

Like an incredibly rich man's version. I guess kind of like he really is, when you look at the contracts. The dude is maybe the most versatile defender in the NBA.

I think the versatility thing gets overplayed, I really do.

Dray would get smoked by any old school big center. He's just in a time where people don't have post games anymore. KD is considered to have a post game and he basically has 1/100th the low post arsenal of Kevin McHale.

The best players are either PGs or wing players now, so I'd take Kawhi over him ten times out of ten to start a team if I only had to decide between the two.

This isn't to say I think he's bad. He should absolutely be on an all-nba team and the all-defensive team. So I don't want to make it seem like I'm crapping on him. I just don't think he's an elite player, meaning one of the top 7 players (Steph, Bron, Kawhi, KD, Russ, CP3 and Ant Davis).

The most impressive thing that Dray does on offense is run a 4 on 3 (post pick and roll) and seems to always make the best decision. It's amazing. He's right up there with Blake as a big that can pass.

I think the versatility thing gets overplayed, I really do.

Dray would get smoked by any old school big center. He's just in a time where people don't have post games anymore. KD is considered to have a post game and he basically has 1/100th the low post arsenal of Kevin McHale.

The best players are either PGs or wing players now, so I'd take Kawhi over him ten times out of ten to start a team if I only had to decide between the two.

This isn't to say I think he's bad. He should absolutely be on an all-nba team and the all-defensive team. So I don't want to make it seem like I'm crapping on him. I just don't think he's an elite player, meaning one of the top 7 players (Steph, Bron, Kawhi, KD, Russ, CP3 and Ant Davis).

The most impressive thing that Dray does on offense is run a 4 on 3 (post pick and roll) and seems to always make the best decision. It's amazing. He's right up there with Blake as a big that can pass.

Don't disagree really with your point on old school centers; but every player is a product of his time. Steph would be a lot less effective in 1975 when there was no 3 pointer, but that doesn't mean he's any less great of a player.

I would not put Green in the top 7 you listed so we're in agreement there. Green is amazing on that 4 v 3 pick and roll, and a lot of that comes from the fact that you basically need to trap Steph on every single pick and roll because he can make a shot from anywhere.

Klay made 276 three pointers this year. I'm not saying he's better than Dray, but if Steph weren't alive, people would be talking about Klay as the greatest shooter of all time. He's never shot under 40% from three for his career and has made more than 200 3pt FGs in each of his last four years.

Would you consider Dray better than Ray Allen at his apex? That's basically what the question is, except it should weighted towards Klay because of how important the three point shot is now.

I think Draymond went from underrated to overrated.

I tend to agree, agree about Klay is such a great talent, great 2nd guy though too, maybe now 3 got the dubs as far as fan fare. Loves that damn bulldog of his though!

Westbrook MAY be entering hero ball mode at the moment. Which means he'll either shoot them out of this, or hit a dagger 25 footer.

Lol at the refs not calling a foul on Leonard before Westbrook's drive. Every game is controversial.

Westbrook MAY be entering hero ball mode at the moment. Which means he'll either shoot them out of this, or hit a dagger 25 footer.

Dagger 3 point play. Meanwhile Parker keeps shooting and missing. Kawhi had the hot hand!

Lol at the refs not calling a foul on Leonard before Westbrook's drive. Every game is controversial.

Just attempting to tackle him wasn't enough, I guess. LOL. Brutal missed call.

Tony Parker is showing his age tonight. Westbrook completely dominated the PG matchup. Parker lost this game tonight for the Spurs.

I just can't believe a Billy Donovan coached team cold beat these 66 win Spurs and have already won 2 games in SA.

If the Spurs lose to the Thunder that helps Cleveland. The Cavs I think matchup better with the Warriors than the Spurs because of Leonard being able to guard Lebron.

Tony Parker is showing his age tonight. Westbrook completely dominated the PG matchup. Parker lost this game tonight for the Spurs.

I just can't believe a Billy Donovan coached team cold beat these 66 win Spurs and have already won 2 games in SA.

If the Spurs lose to the Thunder that helps Cleveland. The Cavs I think matchup better with the Warriors than the Spurs because of Leonard being able to guard Lebron.

The Spurs are the 66 win team, but OKC has more talent IMO. Switch coaches, and you switch win totals IMO.

As a Cavs fan, would rather see them play GS -- or, better yet, OKC! Pops a genius, but, man, that team looked old tonight. Timmy had some moments tonight, but, man, I don't want to see him go out like my first sports hero ever: the Say Hey Kid.

The Spurs are the 66 win team, but OKC has more talent IMO. Switch coaches, and you switch win totals IMO.

That's interesting. I don't think I agree regular season at least; the Spurs have a ridiculous amount of depth and can weather the 82 game season better than OKC. In a 7 gamer? maybe. I definitely picked the Spurs to win this series (and they still can) but I've been making the point for months that Durant/Russ are incredible (great point right?) and in the playoffs those guys can play such a heavy amount of minutes that you can't count them out. (in the last 4 games, so throwing out the blowout, they are basically playing 41 minutes per game)

As a Cavs fan, would rather see them play GS -- or, better yet, OKC! Pops a genius, but, man, that team looked old tonight. Timmy had some moments tonight, but, man, I don't want to see him go out like my first sports hero ever: the Say Hey Kid.

SAS cannot win down the stretch against Kanter and Adams with the bigs they have. They are too old and slow (and that kills me to say about Duncan... kills me).

I really think Pop has to consider playing LMA at the 5 and going four or five out against that big lineup. Try to force OKC to play Payne in a small ball lineup.

I see why SAS wants KD (besides that he's awesome). They push LMA to the five, KD at the four and Kawhi at the 3... unstoppable.

I do think SAS can pull out game six. Russ is so erratic that he can shoot them out of a game just as easily as he can shoot them into a game. But he played great last game. Kudos to OKC and to Donovan - his coaching has been fantastic.

Duncan didn't seem to play much in the middle of the game, I was surprised to see him in there at the end. He ended with 28 minutes; that's just way too many for him at this point. (I can't remember now, did OKC close with Ibaka on the bench?)

I don't think Duncan can play crunch time for them; if you want to play West and stay somewhat big, so be it, but Duncan is 3-18 in the last 4 games.

There was a great (terrible) quote from Webber last night, after Duncan got a block he's like "and there were people who wanted the Spurs to trade him!". Has literally anyone ever (EVER!) said the spurs should trade Duncan? I don't even think Skip could serve up a take that hot.

Duncan didn't seem to play much in the middle of the game, I was surprised to see him in there at the end. He ended with 28 minutes; that's just way too many for him at this point. (I can't remember now, did OKC close with Ibaka on the bench?)

I don't think Duncan can play crunch time for them; if you want to play West and stay somewhat big, so be it, but Duncan is 3-18 in the last 4 games.

There was a great (terrible) quote from Webber last night, after Duncan got a block he's like "and there were people who wanted the Spurs to trade him!". Has literally anyone ever (EVER!) said the spurs should trade Duncan? I don't even think Skip could serve up a take that hot.

If they don't push LMA to the five, they have to go with Diaw. West just isn't consistent enough to hit his mid range J and he's too much of a loose cannon to be out there. At least Diaw has low post moves and can back a guy down.

I really think they need to go with LMA at the five and space the floor. Make one of the bigs play Kawhi on the perimeter. On defense, cross match so Kawhi defends Adams, because he's only effective on the PnR and tip ins and let LMA defend Kanter.

Just understand that you are going to lose the rebounding battle, which you are anyway, and spread the floor and try to pressure the ball to force TOs and not give them time to get into their sets.

Maybe you could close with a lineup of something like Parker/Manu/Green/Kawhi/LMA? I suppose if there is a hole on their roster it's they don't have a great option for that 5 man lineup, though Green I guess could get away with playing the 3.

I really think they need to go with LMA at the five and space the floor. Make one of the bigs play Kawhi on the perimeter. On defense, cross match so Kawhi defends Adams, because he's only effective on the PnR and tip ins and let LMA defend Kanter.

The only problem here is Kawhi HAS to defend either Durant or Russ. That's the point of having Kawhi.

Maybe you could close with a lineup of something like Parker/Manu/Green/Kawhi/LMA? I suppose if there is a hole on their roster it's they don't have a great option for that 5 man lineup, though Green I guess could get away with playing the 3.

The only problem here is Kawhi HAS to defend either Durant or Russ. That's the point of having Kawhi.

Very fair point. Not sure how you handle that. I just can't see Pop doing the exact same thing. Something has to change.

Very fair point. Not sure how you handle that. I just can't see Pop doing the exact same thing. Something has to change.

I think the answer is Diaw? I agree you can't close with Duncan. Basically I think it's either you play Diaw and try and match up with their 2 bigs that way or you go smaller and try to play them off the floor.

I'm surprised the spurs haven't tried more of Boban. He at least brings the physicality to bang against Adams in the post.

Cavs gonna be facing an entire team of backups. Raps/Heat dropping like flies.
I'd be cool with the best players from the Raptors and Heat getting together to play the Cavs.

Meanwhile, Raptors-Heat game, good. Enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom