NBA Playoffs | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

I would not walk away from giving draymond green a max contract. I would run, as fast as I could in the other direction. he is too small to be a legit interior player and his perimeter game is not good enough to be a stretch forward. he can barely box out westbrook on a free throw lol.
System player. If you ask him to do anything more than that, he can't, because he's an above average role player and that's it. That's my 24/7 hot take on Green. If he wasn't on GS, he wouldn't be talked about like he is.

Well, I was wrong. OKC looks fantastic. Completely outplaying GS this series. Little emotion at all from GS. Klay and Curry aren't those type of guys, that's usually Green, but they have not just been punched in the mouth- they have been curb stomped. Props to OKC. Will be interesting to see what happens in game 6, assuming GS can somehow salvage another game at home.

GS's issue is they just cannot get stops. OKC offense is dominating the last two games.

20 turnovers. And a lot of them are just lack of focus. If I was a GS player I would be embarrassed.

Steph doesn't look right at all.

Draymond Green is showing why he's nowhere close to being a Top 10 player (Yea, I'm opening that can of worms again)
I only watched the warriors play a handful of times this year, but it seems like they are playing steph way more off the ball than when he was right, have to think he is not 100% but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because he is playing. they are getting beat like a drum.

Steph doesn't look right at all.

Draymond Green is showing why he's nowhere close to being a Top 10 player (Yea, I'm opening that can of worms again)
I only watched the warriors play a handful of times this year, but it seems like they are playing steph way more off the ball than when he was right, have to think he is not 100% but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because he is playing. they are getting beat like a drum.

OKC is gonna Mortal Kombat "Finish Him!" and rip the spine out of GS in front of their home crowd if they don't dramatically figure something out.

OKC is gonna Mortal Kombat "Finish Him!" and rip the spine out of GS in front of their home crowd if they don't dramatically figure something out.

Not sure what adjustments they can make. All year they played small and it worked. OKC is a bad matchup because they have size, and two top 5 players. Your hope is you can hit enough shots to beat them. Problem is, they aren't and OKC's role players are playing well and feeding off their stars. In series like this, you just hope to win at home. GS didn't, and they are in serious trouble. Cleveland, as bad as they have looked at times in the last two games, still have homecourt which is enormous.

OKC has played 8 guys tonight. Their bench isn't deep, but they get production out of mostly everyone that's out there. GSW has lived and died by jumpshots all year. They need to make more in game 5 to keep the series alive. Make or miss team in a make or miss league.

Watch them win 3 straight.

I tell you what can be corrected- lazy passes. Far too many lazy passes. All year GS got credit for looking flashy but at this stage, OKC is thrashing them. Adversity- let's see how they respond. The %'s are stacked completely against them.

Not sure what adjustments they can make. All year they played small and it worked. OKC is a bad matchup because they have size, and two top 5 players. Your hope is you can hit enough shots to beat them. Problem is, they aren't and OKC's role players are playing well and feeding off their stars. In series like this, you just hope to win at home. GS didn't, and they are in serious trouble. Cleveland, as bad as they have looked at times in the last two games, still have homecourt which is enormous.

OKC has played 8 guys tonight. Their bench isn't deep, but they get production out of mostly everyone that's out there. GSW has lived and died by jumpshots all year. They need to make more in game 5 to keep the series alive. Make or miss team in a make or miss league.

Watch them win 3 straight.
If GS can get a win and some confidence, this could go somewhere but OKC's 8 man rotation is playing at an insanely high level.

Man, I'm so proud of Dion. You know he wants Cleveland..

I honestly can't believe how well Dion has shot all postseason and Roberson has shot in this series. The two of them shooting roughly 45-50% from 3 has been huge for OKC.

Golden State still has a chance in this series, but needless to say, things aren't looking great for them right now.

Syracuse University hasn't had a player alum in the NBA Finals since when?
Waiters has a chance to end this ridiculously long streak.

I can't believe GS has been dominated as much as they have. OKC's short elite rotation is dominating.
Toronto-Cleveland winner would have HCA over Oklahoma City.

Syracuse University hasn't had a player alum in the NBA Finals since when?
Waiters has a chance to end this ridiculously long streak.

I can't believe GS has been dominated as much as they have. OKC's short elite rotation is dominating.
Toronto-Cleveland winner would have HCA over Oklahoma City.

I honestly can't believe it, either. It's like everything just started clicking for them last round. Billy Donovan's learning curve is amazing. Dion looks like a sixth man of the year. And the pure speed and athleticism of the Thunder's team makes GSW's lineup of death look meek.

I don't want to hear anything about how Steph's hurt. Kerr had him out there guarding Russ. If he's healthy enough to guard Russ, he's healthy.

Draymond is barely existing in these past few games.

I honestly can't believe it, either. It's like everything just started clicking for them last round. Billy Donovan's learning curve is amazing. Dion looks like a sixth man of the year. And the pure speed and athleticism of the Thunder's team makes GSW's lineup of death look meek.

I don't want to hear anything about how Steph's hurt. Kerr had him out there guarding Russ. If he's healthy enough to guard Russ, he's healthy.

Draymond is barely existing in these past few games.
No clue why Kerr had Steph guarding Westbrook. Nobody can guard him, why waste a banged up Curry's energy attempting to?

I feel like OKC takes it in Oracle on Thursday. Albeit in a much closer game. OKC just needs to keep playing, GS needs to make all the adjustments.

I was having a discussion with some friends: I've thought for about 2 years now that Westbrook is better than Durant. He goes out and gets monster triple doubles, the stats back it up. Not only that but he appears on the court to be the more vocal leader and heart of the team. You can't overlook a lot of the shots Durant gets being due to Westbrook. And didn't he finish ahead of Durant in MVP voting? Thoughts?

Yikes! GST looking lost 2 games in a row. Turnovers have absolutely killed them. Other than Thompson and Barnes everyone else is struggling on offense. Curry does not look healthy to me. They seem to want to run down and score quickly in an attempt to stem the tide, but those misses lead to transition for OKC. Plus where is their defense.

You have to love the way OKC is playing though. Its almost like they realized that they are bigger, stronger and just as talented all they have to do is play hard from start to finish.

Can GST turn it around and even get to a game 6?

I feel like OKC takes it in Oracle on Thursday. Albeit in a much closer game. OKC just needs to keep playing, GS needs to make all the adjustments.

I was having a discussion with some friends: I've thought for about 2 years now that Westbrook is better than Durant. He goes out and gets monster triple doubles, the stats back it up. Not only that but he appears on the court to be the more vocal leader and heart of the team. You can't overlook a lot of the shots Durant gets being due to Westbrook. And didn't he finish ahead of Durant in MVP voting? Thoughts?

I think if you were starting an NBA team and had to draft either one as your first pick, you would go with Durant. Some of Russ' stats are inflated because he's a stat-chaser (he calls for rebounds, will stay in to get a triple double, etc) and he also is inconsistent on defense when he should be good, BUT I think Russ brings with him a level of energy and athleticism that puts fear into any opponent. No one, except maybe LeBron, can match Russ' athleticism. And no one has the drive and stamina he has.

Bill Simmons always talks about how Russ is a 90/10 guy. 10% of what he does is going to drive you mad and make you take a step back. But 90% of what he does is incredibly positive. I agree with this. You are going to have the 7 TO games. He's also a historically bad three point shooter for the volume he shoots.

But when you see Russ get a rebound or an outlet pass or a steal, teams freak out. He can get to the rim with a speed and ferociousness that will not only get you two points, but drive the crowd into a frenzy.

It's a tough call about who is better. I think KD is probably still a better pure player, but Russ may be more valuable, if that makes sense.

Yikes! GST looking lost 2 games in a row. Turnovers have absolutely killed them. Other than Thompson and Barnes everyone else is struggling on offense. Curry does not look healthy to me. They seem to want to run down and score quickly in an attempt to stem the tide, but those misses lead to transition for OKC. Plus where is their defense.

You have to love the way OKC is playing though. Its almost like they realized that they are bigger, stronger and just as talented all they have to do is play hard from start to finish.

Can GST turn it around and even get to a game 6?

These fans haven't seen an elimination game since SAS in 2014. I think if OKC comes out hot, all of a sudden that crowd is going to be really scared...

These fans haven't seen an elimination game since SAS in 2014. I think if OKC comes out hot, all of a sudden that crowd is going to be really scared...
I had a fantastic gif, and it isn't working.

These playoffs kind of suck. Can anyone play a tight game?

Here's the thing. I'm thoroughly enjoying the beat down OKC is laying on GS. I'm loving the blowouts. But with Cavs/Raps I had the game on mute almost the entire time and surfed on the laptop.

Cavs/Raps is gonna come down to who can win on the road. And that will likely be the Cavs on Friday night. I don't think they drop the next one. But if the trend continues then the Cavs will take it in a blowout Game 7.

I'm pretty amped for tonight.

Here's the thing. I'm thoroughly enjoying the beat down OKC is laying on GS. I'm loving the blowouts. But with Cavs/Raps I had the game on mute almost the entire time and surfed on the laptop.

Cavs/Raps is gonna come down to who can win on the road. And that will likely be the Cavs on Friday night. I don't think they drop the next one. But if the trend continues then the Cavs will take it in a blowout Game 7.

I'm pretty amped for tonight.

Even when Toronto won the 2 home games, I didn't think at any point they'd really threaten to win a game in Cleveland. Not sure if Cleveland will close it out in Game 6, but I think if it goes back for a game 7 it's another blowout.

I really have no idea what to make of the west series. There's a part of me that still thinks the Warriors will win 3 in a row, but I know the Thunder have to be the favorite. It's crazy what's happening.

Even when Toronto won the 2 home games, I didn't think at any point they'd really threaten to win a game in Cleveland. Not sure if Cleveland will close it out in Game 6, but I think if it goes back for a game 7 it's another blowout.

I really have no idea what to make of the west series. There's a part of me that still thinks the Warriors will win 3 in a row, but I know the Thunder have to be the favorite. It's crazy what's happening.
I've wanted to see GS win so the Cavs could get a shot at the team with the greatest regular season record ever, but I'm enjoying seeing OKC and Dion beatin' down the "greatest shooter in NBA history," et al. Plus, assuming the Cavs get to the finals. the only way they have home-court advantage is if they play OKC.

GS probably wins one at home tonight, although I'd be tempted to take OKC plus 7 1/2. Then, back to Oklahoma and it's all over now, baby blue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/s...on&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

Last edited:

I think both games could be a blowout, which is sad. I think Gs has one more stand in them, I think they win tonight, and lose a close one in Okc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom