NBA Playoffs | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

They only made those because "there is no defense in the NBA".

People are so dumb. The NBA ball movement is off the charts.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, but defense and NBA do not belong in same sentence. They all do the same thing: double-down on the low post, and then chase the ball back around the perimeter. Eventually someone is open and drains a three. Why does the defense do that? Because that's all the offense can do anymore. Sure it's fast - they get LOTSA practice at it. :)

And, LeBron on the "All-NBA Defesive Team" (or whatever it's called)? GMAB. I wish I had a dollar for every time he stood and watched - while standing in the lane - Toronto score on lay-ups. My guess is that he has been in the league long enough to know what's going on. For example, Biymbo clearly put a clean block on him in the third (I think?) when they ran the back door lob on that inbounds play from the side. But ... ;)

They only made those because "there is no defense in the NBA".

People are so dumb. The NBA ball movement is off the charts.

This and every team has more than one guy who is indefensible 1 on 1. The execution by Cleveland for most of the 4th was superb and if it wasn't someone made tough well guarded jumper. Derozan made difficult shot after difficult shot in the 4th as he tends to do when he gets it going. Lowry put big time pressure on the Cavs D as well down the stretch. It was just a really well played 4th quarter where a couple missed shots and mistakes wound up being the difference. I was impressed both by the Cavs come back and the Rapts answering without folding.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, but defense and NBA do not belong in same sentence. They all do the same thing: double-down on the low post, and then chase the ball back around the perimeter. Eventually someone is open and drains a three. Why does the defense do that? Because that's all the offense can do anymore. Sure it's fast - they get LOTSA practice at it. :)

And, LeBron on the "All-NBA Defesive Team" (or whatever it's called)? GMAB. I wish I had a dollar for every time he stood and watched - while standing in the lane - Toronto score on lay-ups. My guess is that he has been in the league long enough to know what's going on. For example, Biymbo clearly put a clean block on him in the third (I think?) when they ran the back door lob on that inbounds play from the side. But ... ;)

But they have to do that because there are so many guys who will simply destroy you 1 on 1. The enforcement of the rules certainly adds to that but its a "what do we want to give them" league defensively. Good defense is as much about execution as offense is in the NBA. You have to know the plan, communicate and make the right decisions. Then of course everyone else has to read, react and relocate/rotate. You make it sound as if they are simply chasing the ball around with no plan.

Joseph's underhand floater high off the glass with James on him was a thing of beauty. Huge shot and incredibly hard. You could see James sizing him up.

It was great in real time but the replay in slomo really highlighted how difficult the shot was. He had to extend out and away from his body at a weird angel before releasing to clear Lebron's reach and then the thing was still way above the square.

I am an Orange and Raptors fan since 1995 so it has been a great year for me as a fan, even without winning any titles.

From not expecting much of our Orange and getting a final 4 trip, to expecting a 4-0 sweep vs the Cavs and now getting a real series where the NBA finals is at least a decent possibility.

The 2 things I hate most in sports are Duke Basketball and Phil Mickelson. Syracuse won at Cameron (and as a bonus Coach K had a great hypocritical meltdown), and Phil Mickelson has been exposed as the phony and fraud that he is.

Now if only some MLB team moved to Montreal this year it would be the greatest sports year for me as a fan.

Why did you expect a sweep? The Raps are a tough team.
After 2 games, Cleveland clicking the way they were and no JV... I am shocked the Raps won a game, let alone tied it up.

Did not foresee Lowry and Derozan playing at the level of Lebron and Kyrie and if you go to the 3rd impact player of each team, Biyombo is playing much better than Love. Love, the guy who was lights out all Playoffs and Biyombo who's emerged out of nowhere (yes, great backup but this.. Wow)

Also, keep in mind, Toronto has never been here before. Cleveland was healthy and rested with all personnel on deck. Toronto was tired and beat up. No JV and Derozan/Carroll both banged up last series.

Last edited:
After 2 games, Cleveland clicking the way they were and no JV... I am shocked the Raps won a game, let alone tied it up.

Did not foresee Lowry and Derozan playing at the level of Lebron and Kyrie and if you go to the 3rd impact player of each team, Biyombo is playing much better than Love. Love, the guy who was lights out all Playoffs and Biyombo who's emerged out of nowhere (yes, great backup but this.. Wow)

Also, keep in mind, Toronto has never been here before. Cleveland was healthy and rested with all personnel on deck. Toronto was tired and beat up. No JV and Derozan/Carroll both banged up last series.
I think their inconsistency has been an asset. They for sure hadn't played to their abilities in Cleveland. Going home helped bring out their best and I think the Cavs got a little complacent and bought into the talk that they'd sweep into the finals.

OKC's small ball lineup is filthier than Golden States. Plus Westbrook, Waiters, KD, Roberson and Ibaka/Adams can straight lock you down defensively.

OKC just look like a bunch of predators. Every single one of their main guys are loud, demonstrative, talented and play angry. I don't know what switch flipped for them but they look scary good lately.

Livingston has had some really bad plays leading directly to transition points.

We will see if the MVP can show why he won that award. Need stops though. If OKC gets it to 15, game. Big possession here. I look for either a screen for Curry/Klay or backdoor.

GSW just cant get enough stops. 2nd quarters kill them.

I would not walk away from giving draymond green a max contract. I would run, as fast as I could in the other direction. he is too small to be a legit interior player and his perimeter game is not good enough to be a stretch forward. he can barely box out westbrook on a free throw lol.

Steph doesn't look right at all.

Draymond Green is showing why he's nowhere close to being a Top 10 player (Yea, I'm opening that can of worms again)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom