NBC now on the bandwagon | Syracusefan.com

NBC now on the bandwagon

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Article about the Arkansas game:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/southerland-cuse-holds-on-against-arkansas/

Includes the quote:

"The Orange struggled with the Razorbacks’ pressure, coughed the ball up 19 times and still was able to win on the road. And that will the last time Syracuse is on the road this calendar year. The Orange have nine-straight home games before a Jan. 6 matchup at South Florida."

Not only is it unnecessary to include this, it is also false. The Temple game at MSG is on Dec 22. If the media wants to sharpshoot Syracuse about neutral court games 3000 miles away from the Dome and 10 miles from the opponent's campus, then they do not get to call MSG a true home game for the Orange.

Of course, even the Syracuse media (both Mike Waters and Brent Axe) have screwed up relative to this today as well, saying that yesterday's win was the 5th non-conference road game in the past 10 years. It was at least the 6th, because they curiously omitted the win at Michigan State in February 2003. There may have been more, I don't know, and I know they aren't doing any real fact checking.

With all the cuse alums in broadcasting can't we get a little PRO-cuse spin?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/southerland-cuse-holds-on-against-arkansas/

Includes the quote:

"The Orange struggled with the Razorbacks’ pressure, coughed the ball up 19 times and still was able to win on the road. And that will the last time Syracuse is on the road this calendar year. The Orange have nine-straight home games before a Jan. 6 matchup at South Florida."

Not only is it unnecessary to include this, it is also false. The Temple game at MSG is on Dec 22. If the media wants to sharpshoot Syracuse about neutral court games 3000 miles away from the Dome and 10 miles from the opponent's campus, then they do not get to call MSG a true home game for the Orange.

Of course, even the Syracuse media (both Mike Waters and Brent Axe) have screwed up relative to this today as well, saying that yesterday's win was the 5th non-conference road game in the past 10 years. It was at least the 6th, because they curiously omitted the win at Michigan State in February 2003. There may have been more, I don't know, and I know they aren't doing any real fact checking.

Michigan State is outside of ten years now (that was a fast ten years), but Arkansas should have been the sixth in that time period. (Credit to SWC.) Missouri and Siena in 2003-2004, Virginia in 2007-2008, Memphis in 2008-2009, North Carolina State in 2011-2012, and Arkansas in 2012-2013.

Michigan State is outside of ten years now (that was a fast ten years), but Arkansas should have been the sixth in that time period. (Credit to SWC.) Missouri and Siena in 2003-2004, Virginia in 2007-2008, Memphis in 2008-2009, North Carolina State in 2011-2012, and Arkansas in 2012-2013.

10 years ago was Dec 1, 2002. Unless I missed a year somewhere.

Given a lot of the sentiment expressed on here today, I found the reference to Syracuse's upstate-heavy schedule in this write-up particularly funny: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/basketball/ncaa/12/03/bc.bkc.syracuse.stbonav.ap/index.html

10 years ago was Dec 1, 2002. Unless I missed a year somewhere.

Counting this season (2012-2013) as part of that decade, we're only going back to 2003-2004.

What is the big deal where we play and when? We win these games regardless ...

Im sick of the negativity not only with our schedule but in general (local and national media). I remember watching the post game shows with Bob Snyder 15- 20 years ago, he never seemed to have anything nice to say. The same goes on now with some of their story's. Also, did anybody see the post standard season predictions? Virtually sweet 16 predictions across the board. Way to go out on a limb guys. You write for a local paper a little homerism is ok. Anyway, if the local media isn't behind you, good luck with the National Media being for you.

Includes the quote:

the wrong bandwagon.

What is the big deal where we play and when? We win these games regardless ...
This.

We win everywhere we play, I'm pretty sure we've done fairly well on the road in the Big East...

I believe we also played Canisius at HSBC Arena in Buffalo on 11/26/06.

I'm tired of the stupid media, they don't have to talk about I guess.

Actually it was UAlbany and not Siena. I think UAlbany gave Cuse $100,000 to come play at the Pepsi Arena.

I believe we also played Canisius at HSBC Arena in Buffalo on 11/26/06.

That wasn't a home game for Canisius. They don't play at HSBC, its at least 4 miles down the road from campus. It may be a straight shot down Main Street, but 4 miles just the same.

Actually it was UAlbany and not Siena. I think UAlbany gave Cuse $100,000 to come play at the Pepsi Arena.

Syracuse played Siena the same day as the Diamond Ferri game vs Boston College in 2004. I know because I sold my tickets to the game and watched the football and basketball games on TVs at Jillian's on Pearl Street. Syracuse played UAlbany at the Pepsi Arena either one or two years before that.

That wasn't a home game for Canisius. They don't play at HSBC, its at least 4 miles down the road from campus. It may be a straight shot down Main Street, but 4 miles just the same.

See, that's the funny thing - it was considered a home game for Canisius. So sometimes playing away from your regular venue is still considered a home game, and sometimes it isn't. Really the Siena game at the Pepsi Arena in 2004 was in no meaningful way a home game for Siena...but since it happened to be on their home court it was called a home game. Teams can game the system.

Does anybody have JB's email, he probably would be really annoyed by all these reporters and their comments!

What about that tourny a few years ago in Kansas where SU beat Kansas in the championship. If they state that MSG is a "home game" then why isn't that considered a home game for Kansas? So that also means that SU has only played a true away game against UConn last year for the 1st time since it wasn't in Hartford.

Why do some of us have such thin skins? Fact is that we do not play many away OC games and the Garden is a pro Cuse crowd, pretty much a second home. Some teams do extra away games and some don't. We don't. Due to our prominence we get used as the poster child for not traveling. Its not a big deal. Anyone with a brain knows that the Dome is a revenue source and the Big East is (or was) terribly brutal. I would not be surpirsed if we do a bit more traveling when we get sick of being stuck in a N. division of the ACC where there would only be 3 real teams: Pitt, the Irish and the Ville.

Counting this season (2012-2013) as part of that decade, we're only going back to 2003-2004.

I guess it matters if they said "10 years" or "10 seasons". It's like the 1900's are 1900-1999 but the 20th century is from 1901-2000.

Why do some of us have such thin skins? Fact is that we do not play many away OC games and the Garden is a pro Cuse crowd, pretty much a second home. Some teams do extra away games and some don't. We don't. Due to our prominence we get used as the poster child for not traveling. Its not a big deal. Anyone with a brain knows that the Dome is a revenue source and the Big East is (or was) terribly brutal. I would not be surpirsed if we do a bit more traveling when we get sick of being stuck in a N. division of the ACC where there would only be 3 real teams: Pitt, the Irish and the Ville.

Actually it is the slanted Anti Syracuse reporting that bothers us. We play very similar schedules to every other high major out there, yet we are consistently called out for our schedule. New York City is called our home court, and not even sarcastically. Dr. Gross would consider this a good thing, but it is very annoying to see such serious lapses in journalistic integrity and work ethic with the consistent reiteration of this annoying meme.

Syracuse plays a lot of home games, along with every other top50 program that can afford to pay other teams to come and lose. We have a very expensive, extremely noticeable practice facility named the Carrier Dome, and we love to pay teams to come and practice under the lights. Syracuse gets criticism for the same thing every other program does?

The Zone and our Home Schedule are our trademark.

Eat it, Bitches!