NC State attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

OK - throwing out that "marketing" platitude - what are they missing? And please don't say a kiosk at the mall or Otto throwing around tickets at the State Fair.

They've been on national TV 4x. We live in the information age where this stuff is everywhere, this isn't some underground band...
Could start with social media initiatives to hype up a sell out crowd or the fact that we are nationally televized. Even if a sell out is far fetched to happen.

The social media presence in 2018 was outstanding and resulted in one of the biggest increases in season ticket holders Syracuse has seen in decades. I got that directly from my rep.

Bring back the downtown pep rally/pregame event ideas that were talked about following the 2018 season but I’m not sure whether or not actually happened. Maybe partner with Hanover Thursdays or do something similar.

Get some bilboards or pay to have a mural put up somewhere visible downtown. Does not have to be a permanent mural. Something to ties the city’s rejuvenating culture to the program

Idk about kiosks but having ticket reps set up at Wegmans, the fair, other popular CNY storefronts is not a bad idea at all.

Maybe even provide local small businesses incentives or ticket allotments for distribution? Is that permitted?

There’s plenty you can do. People aren’t turning around and running the other way when approached about whether or not they’ve heard SU’s 4-0 and has another game coming up.

Could start with social media initiatives to hype up a sell out crowd or the fact that we are nationally televized. Even if a sell out is far fetched to happen.

The social media presence in 2018 was outstanding and resulted in one of the biggest increases in season ticket holders Syracuse has seen in decades. I got that directly from my rep.

Bring back the downtown pep rally/pregame event ideas that were talked about following the 2018 season but I’m not sure whether or not actually happened.

Get some bilboards or pay to have a mural put up somewhere visible downtown. Does not have to be a permanent mural.

Idk about kiosks but having ticket reps set up at Wegmans, the fair, other popular CNY storefronts is not a bad idea at all.

Maybe even provide local small businesses incentives or ticket allotments for distribution? Is that permitted?

I get a ton of digital content from SU.

They did the pep rally in 2019. Good idea. (Terrible year).

I get a ton of digital content from SU.

They did the pep rally in 2019. Good idea. (Terrible year).
I thought the AD did a fantastic job in 2018, but it seems like that following season destroyed any further efforts. Gotta take a leap of faith again and dive back into this. When it comes down to it people have short memories and will attend if they feel thAt the game’s the place to be for one reason or another

Sell out

That is my prediction. 5-0, ranked and a bye week.

Absolute failure if this is not sold out.
I don't disagree, to be honest.

I understand that we are a tough sell to a fanbase that has been burnt too many times.

But other schools with far less of a reputation are able to sell out games with much larger stadiums.

50K isn't a big number, IMO, to get to once in awhile. And you shouldn't need #1 Clemson to do it.

I thought the AD did a fantastic job in 2018, but it seems like that following season destroyed any further efforts. Gotta take a leap of faith again and dive back into this. When it comes down to it people have short memories and will attend if they feel thAt the game’s the place to be for one reason or another

There was no 2020 season for fans and last year was weird. They were on the brink of who knows what every week dictated by outside forces. Maybe its the same 37K that will see Elton John, a Duke game, and Cuse hoops...

Nah marketing’s just what you do when you’ve had less than 10 winning seasons in 20 years and finally have a product that excites people more than picking apples or raking leaves

They did a 2-0 promotion for $20 tickets that went out to their entire mailing list.

They had less people than the opener.

They did a 2-0 promotion for $20 tickets that went out to their entire mailing list.

They had less people than the opener.
Mailers are low engagement. I love cuse football and I still put the mailers in a pile or toss before reading.

Need community engagement and social media clicks.

Pretty sure he means email.
Guessing emails only go out to season ticket holders or those whos emails they have through TM or single game purchases on cuse.com. While that’s a step in the right direction, its bare minimum stuff

I cannot make this game. My cousin who graduated from UConn decided to have her wedding this weekend. I swear it was on purpose.

Ah, she’s a UCANNT grad -
Not like she cares about football, since they barely even have it anymore.

She was likely more concerned about not having the wedding during womens hoops season.

If there’s ever a game where they should just give tickets away, give Blue Lights away, whatever….do it now and get that place full!
Yep , pull out all the stops. I don’t believe we have done that yet.

The NCSt game is three weeks out. If this is a 330 or later game it’s going to boost attendance. There is going to be 5-0 Syracuse vs top 10ish NCSt. I’m sticking with 43.9. There.Will.Be.Buzz

Guessing emails only go out to season ticket holders or those whos emails they have through TM or single game purchases on cuse.com. While that’s a step in the right direction, its bare minimum stuff

I'm not a STH. I am sure they have multiple ways to compile that stuff, on top of the social media targeting, etc.

Do they?

After the past 5, 10, and 20 years they may not know there’s a game unless theres an effort to make them aware. Not everyone makes the effort to follow a program who is not consistently competitive. Good will’s not unlimited

What’s your preference for promoting a game? TV? Every channel talks about the upcoming game along with a few shows or interviews Babers gives on TV asking for fans to go. Social media? Games are promoted on the SU website, Twitter, and by multiple organizations. Email? I get one almost every day. Maybe you want the bill boards back that had little impact as people did 65mph on 690. People know about games unless they live in a cave.

I get the feeling what people want SU to do to promote the game is give everyone $10 tix and free beer.

What’s your preference for promoting a game? TV? Every channel talks about the upcoming game along with a few shows or interviews Babers gives on TV asking for fans to go. Social media? Games are promoted on the SU website, Twitter, and by multiple organizations. Email? I get one almost every day. Maybe you want the bill boards back that had little impact as people did 65mph on 690. People know about games unless they live in a cave.

I get the feeling what people want SU to do to promote the game is give everyone $10 tix and free beer.
For social media - instagram has the highest engagement of any platform and there’s a noticeable drop off in marketing by SU since 2019.

But even more so, get out in the community. Partner with local businesses and have hype generating local events.

Maybe consider moving the coaches show to a more central location. I LOVE Heritage Hill but its in the middle of nowhere.

Become a recognizable presence in the county outside the dome.

Regarding $10 ticket give aways. Do it for Wagner, not NCSU.

Get casuals in to see a blowout win and get the idea in their head to come back for the bigger games. At that point theyll pay more because they’ve seen a win and know they gotta pony up for better games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom