NC State vs. Va Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State vs. Va Tech

Have to cheer for VT ... Love to watch a paper tiger get shredded

On a more serious note--

Did anyone else catch the short interview with Beamer at half time?

He definitely seems much "slower" than even last season. At least, he is suddenly showing his age. And--horrible speculation on my part--perhaps there is some other medical condition involved.

Last edited:
Took this just a few hours ago on my ride home from work
yj6cBjq.jpg

VT stinks.

And they are still better than han NC state by a standard deviation.

orangencpolice said:
Tell us how you really feel Rocco. I have always hated VT because they usually beat us when we were both in the Big East, however McDummy is an assistant coach for NC State now so I hate them more.

I think you're mis-remembering the series.

Syracuse is (9-8) against Virginia Tech

Average score: Syracuse 22.6 - Virginia Tech 27.1

Per decade
W L T PFPG PAPG

2000's 2 2 0 23.3 32.3
1990's 4 4 0 21.3 30.6
1980's 2 2 0 25.3 17.8
1970's 0 0 0 0 0
1960's 1 0 0 20.0 15.0

All games
2003/10/11 Syracuse 7 - Virginia Tech 51 L
2002/11/09 Syracuse 50 - Virginia Tech 42 W OT
2001/10/27 Syracuse 22 - Virginia Tech 14 W
2000/10/21 Syracuse 14 - Virginia Tech 22 L
1999/10/16 Syracuse 0 - Virginia Tech 62 L
1998/11/14 Syracuse 28 - Virginia Tech 26 W
1997/09/13 Syracuse 3 - Virginia Tech 31 L
1996/09/28 Syracuse 52 - Virginia Tech 21 W
1995/11/04 Syracuse 7 - Virginia Tech 31 L
1994/10/01 Syracuse 28 - Virginia Tech 20 W
1993/11/13 Syracuse 24 - Virginia Tech 45 L
1992/11/07 Syracuse 28 - Virginia Tech 9 W
1988/09/24 Syracuse 35 - Virginia Tech 0 W
1987/09/26 Syracuse 35 - Virginia Tech 21 W
1986/09/20 Syracuse 17 - Virginia Tech 26 L
1985/09/28 Syracuse 14 - Virginia Tech 24 L
1964/11/14 Syracuse 20 - Virginia Tech 15 W

Is anyone thinking either of these teams are a threat?

My how times have changed. I just caught myself cheering VT's touchdown.

I feel like I need to shower.
I might suggest a Silkwood shower.

He's also not the OC there. He's a positional coach so their success is not determined by him in a big way. Here he was in over his head, Shafer took a gamble on him because of his prior relationship with him and his recruiting skills.

He was a bad hire and fired fairly quickly. He got us to a bowl game one of the two years he was here, I really don't understand the disdain for him. I get that he failed but it's in the past and now we have the right guy.

JrodCuse said:
He's also not the OC there. He's a positional coach so their success is not determined by him in a big way. Here he was in over his head, Shafer took a gamble on him because of his prior relationship with him and his recruiting skills. He was a bad hire and fired fairly quickly. He got us to a bowl game one of the two years he was here, I really don't understand the disdain for him. I get that he failed but it's in the past and now we have the right guy.

Think it was the classless way he handled his demotion.

He's also not the OC there. He's a positional coach so their success is not determined by him in a big way. Here he was in over his head, Shafer took a gamble on him because of his prior relationship with him and his recruiting skills.

He was a bad hire and fired fairly quickly. He got us to a bowl game one of the two years he was here, I really don't understand the disdain for him. I get that he failed but it's in the past and now we have the right guy.

True, but Brissett had no one to throw to all game. No one was getting open and he ended up taking quit a few sacks. That's on McDummy.

The first two real football teams NCSU plays against, they lose to. Surprise?

They have a bye week, then play at Wake Forest if they lose that they could lose 6 in row. Then Clemson at home, at BC, and at Florida St, before they close out with Syracuse, and North Carolina at home. They have to beat Wake, or they probably don't make a bowl game.

FLUCK VT. In 2001 we beat them on the field, and finished ahead of them in the BE standings, and the Gator Bowl took them ahead of us for the #2 slot. And then MOCKED us for not traveling as well as VT, publicly! It caused the BE to change its rules with bowl games about order of selection.

FU Beamer. Our lollipop stick laughs at you and your goiter.

The Gator Bowl organization, such as if was, can osculate my dangling member.

And btw we split with VT in the big east era. 50-50
I think you might need counseling after that post. Lol. Thank you for enlightening me on the facts of our previous rival with the Sh!tbirds. I was unaware that it was fifty/fifty.

They have a bye week, then play at Wake Forest if they lose that they could lose 6 in row. Then Clemson at home, at BC, and at Florida St, before they close out with Syracuse, and North Carolina at home. They have to beat Wake, or they probably don't make a bowl game.

My money will be on Wake, with either QB they are better than NC State.

I don't think Doeren is long for that job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom