Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FOIpidRXoAAt6DC

FOIpidRXIBcsKrU

FOIpidSXsAAEySY

FOIpidRWYAI8yFO

Starts off with a good game in the Ramblers vs OSU. Want to watch the Davidson/MSU game as well.

It would be a beautiful day after St. Paddy's if Auburn (crook Pearl) and Duke (crybaby, sore loser and bag man to Zion Coach K) would lose. If it takes Sunday for them to lose, I will gladly accept it

I'm considering myself an honorary Cal State Fullerton alum for today only.

Not sure if it's just being cantankerous because of our own struggles but there are a legit 20 times I want out of this tourney asap. Glad some went down yesterday.

If we had one of our good games, we would wreck both Loyala and OSU. By like 20.

My god, this game.

Dude. Do you have to rain on my make-believe-parade? I know our year was bad, but just let me have this!

The big 10 is much more like the old BE than the ACC. Honestly our playing style would have served us much better in that league.

The big 10 is much more like the old BE than the ACC. Honestly our playing style would have served us much better in that league.

In a year when the two conferences are about the same level I could see your point.

I have to disagree however that our record this year would be any better in the BIG, even if there was an arguably better fit. The BIG is much stronger than the ACC this year. Even with "fit" our record would be worse.

We were terrible before January 1. We were terrible in an ACC that was as bad as it has ever been. We were highly likely not going to finish .500 in any P5 or the BE this year.

In a year when the two conferences are about the same level I could see your point.

I have to disagree for this year even if there was a better fit. The BIG is much stronger than the ACC this year. Even with "fit" our record would be worse.

We were terrible before January 1. We were terrible in an ACC that was as bad as it has ever been. We were not going to finish .500 in any P5 or the BE this year.

So let me clarify. I am more speaking to playing style. The ACC is not a conference full of physical, defensive minded teams. Ball movement and shooting it has had. Also, outside of Duke and UNC, ( and the departed Maryland) its not been a traditionally solid conference in terms of non conference wins.

So conference games and winning vs the top 3 to 4 in the conference has really dominated the league.

Big thing is good athletes and a zone worked in the BE and it would in the B10. In the ACC it's not been that effective. I still think our regression was inevitable to some degree but maybe in the BIG our identity can carry us longer given the playing style..

or be up by 15-20, piss away the lead and lose in the last minute.

Or have let in 45 in the first half instead of 20 because of our elite D.
(To be fair, by the efficiency numbers we would only let in about an extra 4 points per half as compared to Loyola.)

So let me clarify. I am more speaking to playing style. The ACC is not a conference full of physical, defensive minded teams. Ball movement and shooting it has had. Also, outside of Duke and UNC, ( and the departed Maryland) its not been a traditionally solid conference in terms of non conference wins.

So conference games and winning vs the top 3 to 4 in the conference has really dominated the league.

Big thing is good athletes and a zone worked in the BE and it would in the B10. In the ACC it's not been that effective. I still think our regression was inevitable to some degree but maybe in the BIG our identity can carry us longer given the playing style..

So it seems you are peaking more of our typical identity in prior years (and the typical BIG, typical ACC). I could certainly agree with that point.

I thought in your first post you were talking more about this year's team which we know is quite a bit different than the normal teams we have had stylistically (or at least in ability to execute that style)

This year was just a very different SU team and I don't think we were winning anywhere.

So are you speaking more of our typical identity in prior years (and the typical BIG, typical ACC). I could certainly agree with that point.

This year was just a very different SU team and I don't think we were winning anywhere.

Yep absolutely- identity was my point and going back to leaving the BE. Maybe in the BIG we don't change our identity and have a team like we did this year? Who knows but I could see it..

Auburn is full of punks. Not a surprise but still- want them to lose as bad as I did UK.

Auburn is full of punks. Not a surprise but still- want them to lose as bad as I did UK.

The only reason I am modestly cheering for Auburn is I got them at 60-1 to win the national title on December 8th. There is no other reason to like that team so if they lose today I would not be overly disappointed.

The Auburn guards have single handedly put that team in a downward trend since mid-February. Although it looks like the team has now settled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom