NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I am modestly cheering for Auburn is I got them at 60-1 to win the national title on December 8th. There is no other reason to like that team so if they lose today I would not be overly disappointed.

The Auburn guards have single handedly put that team in a downward trend since mid-February. Although it looks like the team has now settled down.

Yeah. I don't see them keeping it together for 6 straight. Too talented to go down today.

I put some money on a few teams Auburn wasn't one. If the Friars win it all drinks are on me for a while though.

Close games have hidden the fact that there has been some awful basketball played in this tourney.

Trying to figure out what conference has been the "Winner" and "Loser" so far.

The Loser is easy to identify - the MWC - 0-4. All of their teams were involved in toss up games entering their matches and none of the losses were stunning. But reasonable expectation would have been 2-2, or bad case 1-3.

In terms of Winners nobody has really stood out yet, more will become clear today.

ACC has done well, going 2-0 in "toss up" type games.
The Big12 1 seeds dominated like they were supposed too.

BIG has shown signs of struggling. but it will be more clear after today.

Close games have hidden the fact that there has been some awful basketball played in this tourney.

There are also some good college basketball teams that play ugly basketball. Style works well for some to the detriment of the fans.

So you have bad basketball and then sometimes teams trying to play a style that is ugly.

I have to sneak out for about 45 minutes today. This window seems about as good as any.
Ugly game between Loyola-Ohio St. Auburn seems in control. Other game just starting.

Now I just need to stop being lazy as I have settled in.

28 points with 10 minutes to go and somehow still in the game.

28 points with 10 minutes to go and somehow still in the game.

We should be a “tag in” team. If you score less than 20 points in the first half, we should be able to come out for the second half. America would love SU coming out in the 2H to play OSU.

How funny if Auburn loses to a replacement team..
I’m just reading about how Jax St got in after Bellarmine won the conference tournament but were ineligible because they were moving up from DII. I think that’s a ridiculous rule to ban a team from the NCAA tournament for 4 years if they move up a division. It’s very difficult to move from DII to DI. If a team can somehow win their conference tournament during that time period they should be allowed in the Dance.

between the missed lay-ups and turnovers it's actually quite amazing Loyola is still within striking distance.

Texas Tech is just crushing Montana St. They should probably call that one at the end of the half.

Texas Tech is just crushing Montana St. They should probably call that one at the end of the half.

Down to 16 now.. seems that is as good as its gonna get until the next wave. Purdue looks poised to put Yale away soon.

Loyola fleeced us all who picked them. Awful offense.

I obviously complained about our team a lot this year. But holy cow is there some awful, awful basketball being played in these first games. I mean, real bad.

In the women's tournament, South Carolina is beating Howard 34-2 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

In the women's tournament, South Carolina is beating Howard 34-2 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

I could be wrong but IIRC from looking at scores in the past, the difference between top teams in WCB and lower level (16 seeds) or sub 300 teams is a fair bit larger than the mens game.

But still 34-2... or now 38-2 is absurd.

I could be wrong but IIRC from looking at scores in the past, the difference between top teams in WCB and lower level (16 seeds) or sub 300 teams is a fair bit larger than the mens game.
Yes it really is. Parity has not come to the women's game.

About to go 0-4 ATS to start the day.
Not the day to go with 14/15 against the spread!

I obviously complained about our team a lot this year. But holy cow is there some awful, awful basketball being played in these first games. I mean, real bad.
Or you could say that was some really really good defense.

I'm an Loyola alum so I'm salty at the moment but Loyola would smoke Syracuse in a head-to-head match-up on neutral court. Oh by the way, there offense is pretty dang good too (not today). Give OSU credit as they got healthy and played solid D. Missed FT's and missed contested lay-ups was the Ramblers doom. I hope they allow the Ivy players that transferred that free year as the Ramblers will get more opportunities in the A-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom