NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19

I get it. He's a good coach and you are correct he does really like boeheim. I have met him and I was wearing Syracuse stuff and told me he loves Boeheim and had some stories about boeheim being really gracious when he was first starting out and is one of his favorite people in all of coaching. A friend of mine who is a division 2 coach and daughter goes to Gonzaga knows him well. He is just not interested in going anywhere else. He is from the pac nw and loves fishing and his life here. He has been asked to do more hand shaking and kissing babies with alumni at Gonzaga and has no interest in doing more than the bear minimum. He is really an introvert. The idea of going to a bigger program is not appealing to him at all.
Thanks for the info. Cool to hear from that side. I always just know the SU side (shrug) ... seems like a great dude and why leave when he has everything there he could possibly want including so much success. I just know SU going to give it a shot with a most likely no coming from Few

Thanks for the info. Cool to hear from that side. I always just know the SU side (shrug) ... seems like a great dude and why leave when he has everything there he could possibly want including so much success. I just know SU going to give it a shot with a most likely no coming from Few
What makes you think they are even going to give it a shot?Maybe a quick “Hey Mark you want to coach Syracuse” but no way are they going to waste their time trying to lure him away.
Mark Few would have to be insane to leave what he has in Gonzaga. I guess some crazy big State school could offer him 10 million a year and he might think about it, but even then I don’t see it.

Mark Few has 658 career wins.
Coach K has 1199 career wins.

That is 541 wins less. He is averaging nearly 32 wins a year over the last 10 years. (And it would probably be 33 if it wasn't for the various games lost due to Covid)

He is 59 years old. At 30 wins a year he has 18 years to go to catch Coach K.

It's certainly not likely he ever catches Coach K or stays around long enough, but it is clearly not totally out of the realm of possibilities either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom