NCAA Selection Show Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Selection Show Thread...

Marquette wins OOC: Louisville, Kansas State, Buffalo, Wisconsin
Villanova wins OCC: Florida State, OK State, Temple, UConn

I’ll have to check the numbers, but the brackets look balanced. Don’t feel bad for Duke at all getting MSU as the 2. They’ve been getting easy brackets for years and K owns Izzo anyway.

Baylor is a very good three point shooting team and the best offensive rebounding team in the Big 12. They are the worst rated defensive team we played and loss to except UCONN.

They shot 34% from three as a team. We shot 33% as a team. I'd hardly call that scary. There are several teams out there with 3 or 4 guys who shoot 40%+.

Six of their top 7 scorers are guards. Their guards are not that big, and their rotation only has 2 guys with any real size, both of whom go 6-8, 240. They don't pass it that well. They don't defend the rim that well.

They are somewhat limited like us on offense, but have a few guys who could get hot.
They have one good big man. We play better defense.
They lost their last 4 games, 2 against ranked teams. We lost six of our last 8, 4 against ranked teams.

We should be able to beat these guys. Certainly if we can't, we don't deserve to play on the second weekend.

Last edited:
Great. A replay of the Georgis Tech game
No. Baylor is a mediocre defensive team, so that’s a big advantage for us. But they are the best 3-pt shooting and offensive rebounding team in the Big 12—which is bad for us. I think if we can defend them/run them of the the 3pt line, we can win. We’ll also have to try to limit them on the off glass. Our defense really has to go next level this week.

No. Baylor is a mediocre defensive team, so that’s a big advantage for us. But they are the best 3-pt shooting and offensive rebounding team in the Big 12—which is bad for us. I think if we can defend them/run them of the the 3pt line, we can win. We’ll also have to try to limit them on the off glass. Our defense really has to go next level this week.
Do we run anyone off the 3 pt line?

Watching that Dick Vitale rant my first thought was man he has gotten really old.
Man bless him for having that level of energy.

Watching that Dick Vitale rant my first thought was man he has gotten really old.
Man bless him for having that level of energy.
Nobody gets why the perceived strongest #2 seed got bracketed with the overall # 1 seed. But it's kind of nitpicking.

Your yearly Dick Vitale pontification about the lil guy.

Yet the amount of UNC Greensboro games he calls every year = 0

Vitale babbling.

Bilas and Greenberg making sense.

Why do they have Vitale on at all ?

Vitale babbling.

Bilas and Greenberg making sense.

Why do they have Vitale on at all ?

He really adds very little. It's really time for him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom