New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

What a great day first battle now a great new AD hire. Guess we were at our lowest and looks like there was no where to go but up but this going up like straight up. Can't overstate how important this day has been for Syracuse athletics and hopefully the future this day will bring.

So, something from an article about this in the Idaho Statesman:

"He was hired after the athletic department was embroiled in a major infractions case that resulted in three year’s probation. Under his guidance, Boise State avoided further penalties."

Hmmmm...sounds familiar.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/06/19/3860509/boise-state-football-team-gets.html
Not that this should have entered the decision making process, but I wonder if the NCAA will view this hire favorably.

This will prove to be a great hire. The FB program alone will benefit tremendously.

He was a finalist for Pitt too right? How does he stack up with the guy Pitt hired? Curious why they chose elsewhere? Not denying that he looks like a solid hire

Wish we waited a year on the new football rug. Could have been Orange

Heard good things from a source in Idaho. Says he's a great guy, down to earth and accessible. All the things I assume the TGD was not.

Very excited about the future of Syracuse University.

Things do seem to be progressing nicely. I'm still interested to see what this will mean for Shafer and Hopkins.

Noone seems to mention a big piece of the puzzle with this hire, he navigated another school through an NCAA probation period. I think this is a home run hire for SU, he does everything that is needed.

Love the hire, checks some boxes I think everyone agreed needed to be checked.

The only concern I have, if any at all, is at face value he seems to be a guy trying to climb the ladder. Great while he's here, but, is the stability there?

Regardless, very happy.

Another thing I like, even though I know it wasn't just him, is Syverud continues to make what appears to be really solid decisions.

Very excited about the future on the hill.
There won't be many AD gigs more attractive than Syracuse if / when Orange Football is back to being a ranked team.

Noone seems to mention a big piece of the puzzle with this hire, he navigated another school through an NCAA probation period. I think this is a home run hire for SU, he does everything that is needed.
Ahem...look up the page about 11 posts before yours...

Things do seem to be progressing nicely. I'm still interested to see what this will mean for Shafer and Hopkins.
Those are the big question marks.

I didn't know that. Now I'm even more amped about this hire

Cuse football is about to explode

There won't be many AD gigs more attractive than Syracuse if / when Orange Football is back to being a ranked team.
Looks like a great hire. What more can we ask for in pedigree? Key part of AD office at a hoops blue blood, check. Leads football power who succeeds despite not being in the most talent laden state for recruits, check. Excellent record on academics, check. Experience working out of sanctions, yes, check. Fundraising prowess to boot? Exciting stuff.
Please Mr. Coyle, schedule accordingly in football. Let the program gain momentum before increasing the out of conference schedule to more than 1 powerhouse annually. When we win in football consistently, the home field advantage in the great indoors will be second to none...
Welcome to the Orange family! You're gonna love it...

Moontan said:
I believe we were the only ones favoring experience over the latest hot shot. Great hire!

Yep. Too many moving parts right now going on that needed an experienced steady hand. If we were sailing a steady ship, I'd be all on board with a young up and comer to try and take us to the next level.

anomander said:
haha me too.

Which one? I was at the Liverpool one.

I love the hire. I preferred someone with experience at a bigger program with D1 football and basketball like Boise rather than some other candidates who had been mentioned. They've obviously had great football success and the basketball program is pretty good also. He's experienced dealing with sanctions, great football scheduler, great fundraiser and he's used to working at a school that maybe doesn't have all the built in advantages that others have. Hopefully he'll get rid of any Boise State luggage before he gets here :)

BSU fans consider him a BB guy...but I think he has done great scheduling FB games at Boise. I hope he realizes we need 3 guaranteed OOC wins going forward. Cuse is not Boise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom