New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Yeah. I think this hire of Nunzio with all of his contacts in NJ offsets the fact that Kahlil Ahmad is leaving as Kahlil's specialty seemed to be in NJ. The new recruiting coordinator doesn't need to be quite as jersey connected as Kahlil was.

Edit: Excuse me, Director of HS Relations

Last edited:
Yeah. I think the hire Nunzio with all of his contacts in NJ offsets the fact that Kahlil Ahmid is leaving as Kahlil's specialty seemed to be in NJ. The new recruiting coordinator doesn't need to be quite as jersey connected as Kahlil was.
Ahmad wasn't the recruiting coordinator, he was the Director of HS Relations. The Recruiting Coordinator is Gigliotti.

Ahmad wasn't the recruiting coordinator, he was the Director of HS Relations. The Recruiting Coordinator is Gigliotti.
Yeah I just updated my post realizing that. How is it we never hear of Gino Gigliotti?

Yeah. I think the hire Nunzio with all of his contacts in NJ offsets the fact that Kahlil Ahmid is leaving as Kahlil's specialty seemed to be in NJ. The new recruiting coordinator doesn't need to be quite as jersey connected as Kahlil was.

Good point

Gaptooth gonna have to dust off the old helicopter strategy on the recruiting trail...

Yeah. I think this hire of Nunzio with all of his contacts in NJ offsets the fact that Kahlil Ahmad is leaving as Kahlil's specialty seemed to be in NJ. The new recruiting coordinator doesn't need to be quite as jersey connected as Kahlil was.

Agreed and call me crazy but I think Nunzio’s connections run just a bit deeper In NJ than Kahlil’s. He worked one year at Rutgers and two years as a high school assistant. We aren’t debating Bon Jovi and Springsteen here.

Last edited:
His brother was just hired by the Dolphins to be LB coach. Had been at Michigan.
His brother has been with the Dolphins a few years, he is being interviewed for their DC job. He probably won't get it, but he could. If he doesn't he may not be retained as the LB coach

His brother has been with the Dolphins a few years, he is being interviewed for their DC job. He probably won't get it, but he could. If he doesn't he may not be retained as the LB coach
That is interesting about Anthony Campanile. If the Dolphins go with a different DC and don't retain Anthony I wonder if he has any interest in coming back to college along with his brother as LB coach or Safeties coach. Rocky could coach the other unit. He coached DB's at BC as well as was Co-Defensive Cordinator in 2018. Seems to have coached many positions. Maybe the opportunity to learn from Rocky for a bit and the thought of becoming DC here after Rocky in the near future would be appealing.

1674854575055.png

Dolphins are considering Vic Fangio and Steve Wilks for DC, so it would be an upset if Anthony gets that job.

Dolphins are considering Vic Fangio and Steve Wilks for DC, so it would be an upset if Anthony gets that job.
Wilkes hasn't been interviewed. Sean Desai and Kris Richard with Fangio and Campanile have.

Ok….so I’m starting to feel bad about sending some of you on a wild goose chase.

Here’s some more details about the Jersey guy I believe we’ll see at the dome this fall.

Non-traditional recruit.

He’s got family in Baltimore, a wife and kid I think.

Refers to everyone as “Jack”.

Was born to run.

I know - you guys wanna kill me now.

Last edited:
Ok….so I’m starting to feel bad about sending some of you on a wild goose chase.

Here’s some more details about the Jersey guy we’ll see at the dome this fall.

Was born to run.

Is it safe to say his "glory days" are behind him?

Here’s some more details about the Jersey guy I believe we’ll see at the dome this fall.

Non-traditional recruit.

Was born to run.

Yup

Non-traditional recruit.

Was born to run.

Are you saying mister that’s he not a boy, but a man? Don’t feel trapped to answer.

Non-traditional recruit.

Was born to run.

Not Cool Jack. Not cool. I thought he was going to bring us back to the glory days.

Funny thing is, you weren’t wrong. We got a BIG TIME long snapper from Jersey. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom