NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL

The national programs are all playing games in the large OOT markets.Here in Dallas,-where I live...Texas-Oklahoma every year,Texas-UCLA,Oklahoma State.Texas Tech have all moved games to Cowboys Stadium.This is an appropriate move by the athletic dept. NYC is the media capital of America,I'm proud of my school for doing it.The NYC alums,recruits and media need to be fed if we're going to return to the bigtime.

Hey for what it's worth -- I personally think it would be awesome if they played one at the Ralph.

*ducks*

TheCusian said:
Losing at home with low exposure and low money < Losing at MetLife with high exposure and high money

True but not relevant at all.

A. Samara said:
The national programs are all playing games in the large OOT markets.Here in Dallas,-where I live...Texas-Oklahoma every year,Texas-UCLA,Oklahoma State.Texas Tech have all moved games to Cowboys Stadium.This is an appropriate move by the athletic dept. NYC is the media capital of America,I'm proud of my school for doing it.The NYC alums,recruits and media need to be fed if we're going to return to the bigtime.

All big time programs and not SU. The program needs wins more than anything. Playing in NJ reduces our chances of a win.

rrlbees said:
True but not relevant at all.

It is if you're not overvaluing home field advantage.

Just pointing out that you've beaten this horse to death... all by yourself. SWITCHING TO AN ALL-CAPS FORMAT DOESN'T CHANGE THINGS.

You'd help reach your goal faster by contacting the Syracuse sports press directly and in a civil manner. You might want to start with Niko and Mink. Even if they take an interest in the story it still may not go anywhere.
Do you own this board? My god I have a right to bring this up anytime I want. I don't bring this subject unless their is news that makes it relevant. We are playing at Metlife this week that is why I brought it up.

If you don't care then don't click on the thread and just ignore it. My god I can't take this anymore. Its not like people answer my question. Geez you interrupt my comments as I AM SAYING THEY ARE FACTS. I HAVE NOT DONE THIS. My statements are MY OPINIONS. I thought you were a classy a poster now my opinion has changed. I don't care anymore. TexanMark has disagreed with me on this issue the entire time and has never insulted me unlike you. If you want to interrupt my comments as I am talking in absolutes go ahead but do me a favor put me on block.

Last edited:
A Couple Questions:

1) Since I pay for season tickets and Met Life is considered a home game shouldn't I get a ticket or at least some sort of discount for my home game that I am screwed out of?

2) Is it going to be worth the exposure if we end this Met Life series with a record of 0-10? Sounds like we are getting paid to take a beating ala FCS teams.

3) If these series were scheduled so far in advance like DPCuse said above, could someone tell me who we are playing?

4) Why are we the only ACC team going forward that has given up home games against ND? I can understand neutral series but does this mean all ND games are at Met Life or just OUR home games?

5) If LSU is coming to the Dome next year why can't other high profile teams? Kinda kills that whole argument that big teams won't come here.

6) Where is $5M per Met Life game coming from? The numbers don't work if the other team is getting paid that kind of money too. Not everyone buying a ticket is paying for parking or concessions. Even at 80,000 persons there (which I HIGHLY doubt will happen), an average ticket price of $100, $30 parking for everyone there and $20 in concessions per person, that's $150 x 80,000 = $12,000,000. I don't think Met Life is giving away $5M to Syracuse, $5M to ND and only keeping $2M. And that's with a very optimistic ticket price and extras.

I'm going to the game for $75 which includes a bus from Albany and my ticket. I'm guessing a lot of other people are getting these kinds of deals.

The numbers don't work.
Don't ask these questions its dead horse issue or you get a yelling from some posters.

Last edited:
Hey for what it's worth -- I personally think it would be awesome if they played one at the Ralph.

*ducks*
I respect you Mr. Bartlett and I have discussed this issue with Dr. Gross in email exchanges and in person on two occasions. He has never owned the issue and said the answer in public. All I want form him is to say the truth one time and then the issue becomes dead.

If we played neutral site games at Metlife or Ralph Wilson that would fine as long as Syracuse didn't play at the opponent's home field.

TheCusian said:
It is if you're not overvaluing home field advantage.

It's not if you're being realistic about any teams better chance to win, especially an upset...home or on the road.

I respect you Mr. Bartlett and I have discussed this issue with Dr. Gross in email exchanges and in person on two occasions. He has never owned the issue and said the answer in public. All I want form him is to say the truth one time and then the issue becomes dead.

If we played neutral site games at Metlife or Ralph Wilson that would fine as long as Syracuse didn't play at the opponent's home field.

I know this will set you off, but I can't help myself...

handle-the-truth.gif

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 14m
Ponder this. Someone who would know told me that Syracuse gets "5 times what they would for a bowl game" for the MetLife Stadium game

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 13m
The number I have always heard is at or around $5 million. So that about lines up to that figure.
BULLSPIT!!

get this Fn positive news OUT of this thread.

only irrational-negativity is permitted.

the gall of OX, brining up this relevent, positive fact...

Last edited:
For anyone that hasn't gone to one of these games I highly suggest going as it is a great experience and imo, should be a bucket list SU football trip. I've been a season ticket holder for hoops and football on and off for 30 years. I've been on the road for numerous games too. Simply put, the gameday experience is awesome and everything has the feel of big-time football. I am sure this Saturday will be the same as last year.

To those so down on the idea i suggest that it is a great opportunity to connect with some old Northeastern friends too. I organized a trip this year with old high school and college friends (a majority who originate from CNY and the NE). I have a group of about 22 meeting up for the game that are travelling from all over the Northeast (Conn., Mass, NYC, NJ, DC, Penn. etc.).

The only guarantee i can make about game location is that I could have never made this reunion/trip/football game happen if it was in CNY at the Dome and not at the Meadowlands.

All of this is just my 2 cents.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice. BEAT ND!

I am not sure if these games make economic sense (apparently they do) or if they provide us with a stage that creates recruiting traction but I love this trip, love the venue and don't feel any resentment
against SU or the AD. There is going to be fantastic weather and a great time, win or lose. , I will even add some Tito's and sip the kool-aid.

Just posted this in a thread on the recruiting board where a kid is going to both the RU-Tulane and SU-ND games on Saturaday and thought I'd reach out to a wider audience...

I recall reading in another thread that visiting teams are not allowed to host recruit visits at the games - is that true?
If so, then maybe designating the MetLife games as SU "home games" could produce a recruiting benefit that playing them as neutral site games wouldn't provide.

I know this will set you off, but I can't help myself...

handle-the-truth.gif
I can appreciate a good joke when its warranted. Dr. Gross did you order the Code Blue?
Son we live n a world where recruits like new flashy uniforms. Who is going to wear the regular uniforms? You Terrell Hunt? You Brandon Reddish? I have neither the time nor the inclination to debate. You weep for the new uniforms and their lack of orange. You have that luxury of not knowing what I know about Nike for creating those uniforms.
You want me on that hill you need me on that hill. Now I would appreciate it if you let me do my job uniforms are at stake.
Go Blue.

How so? SU is the only ACC team not getting a true home game out of the deal, which I believe is what he was asking Gross to respond to, no?

gross is on espn syracuse Daryl Gross talking expectations, relevance, and Met Life now

How so? SU is the only ACC team not getting a true home game out of the deal, which I believe is what he was asking Gross to respond to, no?
What if ND doesn't get any true home games either?

Alsacs was upset that SU played games at South Bend while ND never played at the Dome. As of today, the only two scheduled games are at MetLife.

I'm now inclined to believe that there will only be one game played at each campus, if any. TGD may have manned up about this when ND joined the ACC, but it took until now to get the scheduling worked out.

It just seems like somebody may have done a lot yelling about nothing.

Don't waste your time debating this. I appreciate the support but this is issue has supporters and detractors. I don't want your board rep hurt.