Next season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Next season

when he and kadary came in they were down double digits...they got it back to 20-20...then both sat and the lead went back to 10 without them.
And I’m still referring to the second half.

And I’m still referring to the second half.
you didnt say that anywhere.

they had a huge impact in the first...not as much in the second but still decent...overall both were positives.

psycholigcally, its gotta be tough to watch your team get behind almost every game and have to come and be the savior but also have a backup role. they both shouldve started the second half.

you didnt say that anywhere.

they had a huge impact in the first...not as much in the second but still decent...overall both were positives.

psycholigcally, its gotta be tough to watch your team get behind almost every game and have to come and be the savior but also have a backup role. they both shouldve started the second half.
Is that a fact?

I don’t need to rewatch the game, once was enough. We were down 10-11 when Edwards came in in the second half and 9-10 when he came out, right? Richmond came in later than Edwards, but came out around the same time. Correct me if I’m wrong.
You were saying?

He will be get 20 plus mins here next year.
Based on what evidence? Buddy is playing 35 and Joe is playing 20-25 no matter what Kadary does, we’ve already seen it.

Based on what evidence? Buddy is playing 35 and Joe is playing 20-25 no matter what Kadary does, we’ve already seen it.
He was a Freshman this year. He's only going to get better.

He was a Freshman this year. He's only going to get better.
He’s better than Joe now. If someone is going to give him the keys to the car, why stay around and wait for that here? Makes zero sense for Kadary to stay here.

He’s better than Joe now. If someone is going to give him the keys to the car, why stay around and wait for that here? Makes zero sense for Kadary to stay here.
Because he will get the keys to the car of a top 25 team and not have to sit out.

We have one guy that got hot for a few weeks.

I love Buddy. He's absolutely a key player and a potential all-acc guy.

But you can't expect him to go for 20+ a night. Not fair to him.

Also, I love the potential of Benny, but he's a kid that hasn't played one minute of D1 ball and is not Melo.

Again, I'm hopeful, but without someone driving the car, it won't matter.
How do we know he isn’t Melo. Melo wasn’t even top 20 kid till his last hs year. Bumped him to a top five and Benny has that ability. Now does he translate that I don’t know.

Is that a fact?

You were saying?
well his big impact was in the first...overall he was a plus. what is so confusing about that?

why focus on the second...and not eliminating a deficit that he didnt create as a reason to keep him on the bench?

he obviously had a good game and was a difference out there...even though the team didnt expand their lead during every single stretch of his play. there was no one else on the team that did as well as he did. Did you watch marek out there???

How do we know he isn’t Melo. Melo wasn’t even top 20 kid till his last hs year. Bumped him to a top five and Benny has that ability. Now does he translate that I don’t know.
Yes he was.

well his big impact was in the first...overall he was a plus. what is so confusing about that?

why focus on the second...and not eliminating a deficit that he didnt create as a reason to keep him on the bench?

he obviously had a good game and was a difference out there...even though the team didnt expand their lead during every single stretch of his play. there was no one else on the team that did as well as he did. Did you watch marek out there???
Because he has no other argument.

Because the poster I originally responded to was focused on the second.

Melo was top three with Lenny Cooke and Amare.

1) There are no players at that level in this class of those three. I know it's the thing to make fun of Lenny Cooke now, but he was absolutely sick before it fell apart.
2) Benny will not end up in the top five of this class.

I think Benny will be very good. I think he's a prototypical wing that JB wants to have. I have said that they key to next year would be Benny, Kadary and Buddy.

But there is NO way he is jumping into that class of basketball player.

We know Buddy will be at the 2 and hope Richmond is at the 1. I believe Benny is a 3 and should be starting there since he is a 5 star guy and looks the part. I think 4 and 5 are the questions. Does Edwards stay and slot into starting at the 5? Do they get a stud transfer to split time at the 5 with Edwards? Do you think a stud transfer will come here after we see what happened to Griffin this season? Does QG stay and lock down the 4 or is that Braz or a transfer. I assume Woody is gone. It will be interesting but let's hope for another sweet 16 type run with more potential to win it all...and oh year no sweating it out on Selection Sunday :)
Griffin doesn’t impact our value to transfers. See Hughes, White, Gbinije and Johnson

Griffin doesn’t impact our value to transfers. See Hughes, White, Gbinije and Johnson

In fact - JB can say to other potential transfers:
“We gave him a plug and play starting position to try to replace a guy who went to the NBA.
He wasn’t able to get it done.

... but YOU could.”

And then reference Wes, Silent G, Eli,
Uncle Drew, and Gillon.

Not sure why everyone thinks this was the magic formula. Houston’s lead was about the same when Edwards/Richmond came in and their starters were not as fresh. We still didn’t make a dent. It wasn’t happening tonight. Not against that defense.
Somewhere in the 14 minute mark when Richmond came in we went on a good run to close gap up.

maybe we should wait to see how he looks next year before we make that judgment. I heard here his brother would be a fine reserve.

Did you happen to hear one of Buddy's interviews last week? Right from the horse's mouth he stated that he never thought he would be 'the guy' here, but more of a guy that "could contribute by hitting some shots" coming off the bench, etc. Perhaps, one can argue the fact that Buddy being "the guy" is a testament to how far our recruiting/talent level has dropped since we have been a perennial middling team in our own conference and perennial NCAA bubble team?

I disagree I think he is pretty good defensively but is nowhere close to where he needs to be offensively! Wahab is a must get in my eyes!!!
Then goodbye Jesse and/or Frank. IMO, Jesse is so fundamentally sound, that his offense will continue to grow. He can make the face up shot and has that little hook going.
IMO, in 2 years, getting lots of time next year, he will be really good. He needs to spend the summer here, though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom