Next year | Syracusefan.com

Next year

Honestly I think all it’s going to take is reloading the offensive line and we could be looking at another double digit win season.

Thoughts?
Don’t downplay losing the competitive fire of Dungey. Much of the success next year will rest on the shoulders of DeVito. He had some highs and lows this year. Need him to rise up and take the lead of the team, all while minimizing the lows.

Only built-in loss in theory is Clemson at home... and we won the last time we played against them at the Dome.

If the OL comes together and the team avoids injury catastrophe, it could be another fun year.

9-3 minimum next season.

Yup with what we have coming back and with the schedule next year this should be expectations. You can't win 10 games, return a bunch of key players and be happy with just going bowling now. There will be expectations now and rightfully so. We can do it. We should start the season in the top 25

Dungey covered a lot of OL warts. Will definitely need better OL play for Tommy. Don't sleep on Chance. I think he gets snaps. Skill position players will be better. Put some weight on Harris, Trishton for a full season, hopefully Hendrix comes back strong. Adams for a full season, Jordan coming in. I think we are going to be nasty on D with the returning players, particularly at DE, plus new LBs coming in early next month. Robinson and Simmons will wreak havoc next year.

I can see a repeat 9-3 season. D should be solid and I think even better next year. O line I think will be biggest question. If the line can gel and we can establish a solid running game that should take some of the pressure off TD. Moe has improved every year and Adams looks like a stud.

The pieces are there, could be another special season.

"All it is going to take" -- underestimates how many good things have to happen to win even 7 or 8 games. QB development, QB health are at the top of the list, followed by OT play, LBs. Sure, we have a lot of returning talent and good coaching, but our QBs have a total of how much starting experience among them?
None.

Honestly I think all it’s going to take is reloading the offensive line and we could be looking at another double digit win season.

Thoughts?
We were just as close to 5 losses as 1 loss

Don’t downplay losing the competitive fire of Dungey. Much of the success next year will rest on the shoulders of DeVito. He had some highs and lows this year. Need him to rise up and take the lead of the team, all while minimizing the lows.

Yep but he came into all games cold so with starter reps all offseason and during the season should be interesting to see him take over as THE guy.

We were just as close to 5 losses as 1 loss
Not sure about that. UNC was the only win we had that was within 1 score. Fact is we lost more close games than we won: L Clemson; L Pitt; W UNC

I think it’s fair to say we were inconsistent in many games this year. But we’re not a dominant program like Bama or Clemson. We found ways to win despite being inconsistent. But that’s not unexpected from a young team.

Reality is the only poor performance we had all year was against Notre Dame,

Yep but he came into all games cold so with starter reps all offseason and during the season should be interesting to see him take over as THE guy.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how he takes over knowing he’s the guy. Hope he continues to work even harder.

Not sure about that. UNC was the only win we had that was within 1 score. Fact is we lost more close games than we won: L Clemson; L Pitt; W UNC

I think it’s fair to say we were inconsistent in many games this year. But we’re not a dominant program like Bama or Clemson. We found ways to win despite being inconsistent. But that’s not unexpected from a young team.

Reality is the only poor performance we had all year was against Notre Dame,

We won games by bringing a toughness to the spread offense. We still want to play more physical than you.

I love Dungey as much as the next person, but let's be honest. Dungey had highs and lows this season too.I think DeVito will only become more consistent through the next offseason. Everything I've seen has made me comfortable with him being THE guy next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom