Next Years Big Man... | Syracusefan.com

Next Years Big Man...

corpjet

Board Prophet
is it too late to find one this late in the recruiting game, this is obviously our glaring need...correct me if Im wrong the transfer from Providence isn't enough...and Chino is well Chino...

OrangeXtreme said:
Taurean Thompson (fingers crossed).

The fact we haven't got a commitment from him is a bit concerning...while the Dukes of the world reel in 4 and 5 star players with ease.

The fact we haven't got a commitment from him is a bit concerning...while the Dukes of the world reel in 4 and 5 star players with ease.

He said he would decide in the Spring. Hopefully he's already made up his mind and he wants to use all his visits.

doc05 said:
All indications are that he will not be a major contributor for a year or two even if he he signed.

I've seen him play.

He'd give us quality depth at 4 or 5.

Tough kid who rebounds well and would provide some offense/defense.

He's one of the best available big men left in this class.

We simply can't afford to go into next season down another player...or reach for another Obokoh type.

Brooky03 said:
Chukwu will be enough

He'll be a nice shot blocker, good for the back of the zone, but don't expect much offense.

He'll be a nice shot blocker, good for the back of the zone, but don't expect much offense.
7'2 If he can live in the low post can throw the lob can run a screen and roll lob. good for 7 ppg. I would be very happy.

I've seen him play.

He'd give us quality depth at 4 or 5.

Tough kid who rebounds well and would provide some offense/defense.

He's one of the best available big men left in this class.

We simply can't afford to go into next season down another player...or reach for another Obokoh type.
Yeah, he won't contribute a TON next year (if we get him) but Thompson is a very good athlete who can run the floor, rebound, and block shots. He should do the well defensively and on the glass in our zone, and if he can get out and run the floor should be able to get some dunks here and there, and some other assorted garbage points.

Yeah, he won't contribute a TON next year (if we get him) but Thompson is a very good athlete who can run the floor, rebound, and block shots. He should do the well defensively and on the glass in our zone, and if he can get out and run the floor should be able to get some dunks here and there, and some other assorted garbage points.

Well I can't say I've seen him play live-- but from what I gather, 5-10 minutes a game max next year if he comes

So basically a clone of Roberson? Better suited to a m2m/running offense. Great...

Did the lack of scholarships hurt us on this or have we dropped the ball on recruiting them?

So basically a clone of Roberson? Better suited to a m2m/running offense. Great...

There are lots of film clips readily available about Thompson. He's nothing like Roberson, in body type of style of play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom