NFL Thread | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas put on a second half clinic. Detroit has gone from likely division winner to possibly being out entirely.

Last edited:
Dallas put on a second half clinic. Detroit has gone from probableach division winner to possibly being out entirely.

Dallas looked solid in the second half. In fairness to them, hard to get motivated when you've got nothing to gain. Just going through the reps.

Detroit doesn't have to play the game at Lambeau. But other than that, they've got nothing going for them at the moment. Not sure they can stop the bleeding next week. Green Bay has been sharp. But still have to play the game and anything can happen, especially week 17. Glad it's the night game, makes for a fun Sunday night that has playoff implications. Just hope it's still a game at halftime.

Dallas looked solid in the second half. In fairness to them, hard to get motivated when you've got nothing to gain. Just going through the reps.

Detroit doesn't have to play the game at Lambeau. But other than that, they've got nothing going for them at the moment. Not sure they can stop the bleeding next week. Green Bay has been sharp. But still have to play the game and anything can happen, especially week 17. Glad it's the night game, makes for a fun Sunday night that has playoff implications. Just hope it's still a game at halftime.

Does anyone believe Detroit can win next week? I would be stunned if they did.

Does anyone believe Detroit can win next week? I would be stunned if they did.

Nope. And that's the beauty of sports. What we see on paper isn't always what we get on the field. I would be stunned as well. And that's why I'll watch.*

*and to see where the Giants have to go for the WC.

That really sucks. I'm rooting for them in the AFC and think they could've taken down NE.

Even at full strength Oakland was at least a 7 pt dog in Foxboro. Now they will lose at Denver and KC will beat SD with the chiefs winning the west. Raiders might be able to beat Houston in the first round, but that's about it. Overall the Raiders are a year ahead of schedule, should be a co-favorite in 2017 along with the Patriots.

Even at full strength Oakland was at least a 7 pt dog in Foxboro. Now they will lose at Denver and KC will beat SD with the chiefs winning the west. Raiders might be able to beat Houston in the first round, but that's about it. Overall the Raiders are a year ahead of schedule, should be a co-favorite in 2017 along with the Patriots.
While I'm positive thinking about Denver vs Oak this week, projecting in the NFL, for the following season is insane at best. Everything a team thinks they have, gets blown out the window the following season. See 95% of projections for the following year. You miss the slight window, u might never capture the opening for decades. That's why there's many fan bases that have struggled for years.

Washington wins this week and they are in. I do think the Giants will sit Jenkins but will play to win.
I do think Atlanta will win and get their bye.
Seattle will get the 3 seed.
GB-Detroit winner the 4 seed.

In the AFC it's all over but seeding.
Not sure how it will end up.
Fins will likely sit Ajayi who is banged up.
Denver may start Lynch which would give the Raiders a chance.

I see it Chiefs at Texans
Dolphins at Steelers

Giants at Packers
Redskins at Seahawks

Washington wins this week and they are in. I do think the Giants will sit Jenkins but will play to win.
I do think Atlanta will win and get their bye.
Seattle will get the 3 seed.
GB-Detroit winner the 4 seed.

In the AFC it's all over but seeding.
Not sure how it will end up.
Fins will likely sit Ajayi who is banged up.
Denver may start Lynch which would give the Raiders a chance.

I see it Chiefs at Texans
Dolphins at Steelers

Giants at Packers
Redskins at Seahawks
I think Denver & the Chiefs win.

I also think the lions stop their free-fall at home and stop the pack train. (ok, id rather play the lions than the pack, but we know Eli can win in Lambeau, so whatever)

but im not sure how to handicap the Giants. on D, they could/should sit both Jenkins and Snacks. as well as give limited reps to DRC, Black Eli, Kennard and Robinson. and it wouldn't hurt to give Iron Man Olivier a breather. as for the O, they need to play, so id start em,but then begin resting some.

Raiders @ texans
fish @ spit

Giants @ lions
skins @ seahawks

oh jerruh...guess whos coming to dinner??

I also think the lions stop their free-fall at home and stop the pack train. (ok, id rather play the lions than the pack, but we know Eli can win in Lambeau, so whatever)

but im not sure how to handicap the Giants. on D, they could/should sit both Jenkins and Snacks. as well as give limited reps to DRC, Black Eli, Kennard and Robinson. and it wouldn't hurt to give Iron Man Olivier a breather. as for the O, they need to play, so id start em,but then begin resting some.

Raiders @ texans
fish @ spit

Giants @ lions
skins @ seahawks

God I would literally kill to see us stick it up his a$$ a third time this season. Please make that happen

Raiders @ texans
fish @ spit

Giants @ lions
skins @ seahawks

The Lions are playing guys off the street at corner. Rodgers is going to have a field day.

You can book Giants at Packers for the Saturday night Primetime game on NBC right now.
They will dump Chiefs/Raiders at Texans as the early Saturday game on ESPN/ABC.
Miami at Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon on CBS and the late game Redskins/Lions at Seahawks on Fox.

I expect GB to win this week at Detroit. Stafford doesn't look the same with the injured hand and they have the worst running game in football. If Stafford was healthy I think he could pick apart GB's secondary as well. GB 28 Detriot 17.
NYG are stupid to play anyone who isn't 100% healthy. Give Jenkins another week, Harrison if he is fine play him if not sit him. Play to win but don't waste bullets in a completely meaningless game. Tell OBJ don't be stupid with Norman and get suspended for the playoffs. Washington needs the game to make the playoffs.

You can book Giants at Packers for the Saturday night Primetime game on NBC right now.
They will dump Chiefs/Raiders at Texans as the early Saturday game on ESPN/ABC.
Miami at Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon on CBS and the late game Redskins/Lions at Seahawks on Fox.

I expect GB to win this week at Detroit. Stafford doesn't look the same with the injured hand and they have the worst running game in football. If Stafford was healthy I think he could pick apart GB's secondary as well. GB 28 Detriot 17.
NYG are stupid to play anyone who isn't 100% healthy. Give Jenkins another week, Harrison if he is fine play him if not sit him. Play to win but don't waste bullets in a completely meaningless game. Tell OBJ don't be stupid with Norman and get suspended for the playoffs. Washington needs the game to make the playoffs.

I really hope its not Chiefs/Texans again, we don't need to see that sequel.

I really hope its not Chiefs/Texans again, we don't need to see that sequel.
KC would house Houston again. I think Raiders Carr less would win in Houston as well.
Houston is a good team with an awful QB situation from a bad division.
If NE gets Houston in the playoffs it would be another bye week.
AFC is a 3 horse race NE, Pitt, KC.
NFC is wide open.

Can someone explain to me why so many people have it in for Mike Tomlin, I know bradshaw is a moron, but seriously the guy is a great coach. He has won a sb, been to another one, is in the playoffs every year, what else do you want from him?

Can someone explain to me why so many people have it in for Mike Tomlin, I know bradshaw is a moron, but seriously the guy is a great coach. He has won a sb, been to another one, is in the playoffs every year, what else do you want from him?
He is a good coach but whenever the Pats-Steelers have played a meaningful game I know my HC has out prepared his team against Pitt.
Tomlin isn't a cheerleader but I don't Think he is a good in-game coach. I give him credit because he doesn't really gameplan that much he has his systems and just lines up and thinks his guys will win.
That works for him.
I think the top 5 HCs in the NFL are
1. Belichick 2. Carroll 3. Harbaugh 4. Payton 5. Reid
I would put Tomlin in the discussion with Rivera/Fox/Kubiak/Arians in the next 5.

He is a good coach but whenever the Pats-Steelers have played a meaningful game I know my HC has out prepared his team against Pitt.
Tomlin isn't a cheerleader but I don't Think he is a good in-game coach. I give him credit because he doesn't really gameplan that much he has his systems and just lines up and thinks his guys will win.
That works for him.
I would put Tomlin in the discussion with Rivera/Fox/Kubiak/Arians in the next 5.

Your Hc might be the greatest of all time, I would put him ahead of Harbaugh and Reid for sure.

Your Hc might be the greatest of all time, I would put him ahead of Harbaugh and Reid for sure.
If I could have any non-Belichick HC I would want John Harbaugh or Sean Payton. Pats previous HC was Pete Carroll so we have seen that.
I think Harbaugh maxs out his talent he just doesn't have a lot and his QB isn't consistent.

That works for him.
the drop from #1 to #2 is huge.

the drop from #2 to #3 isn't small.

id move Fox to a tie for #5 and then the drop to #7 is huge again.

wow, TC was easily #3 and probably #2...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.