NIT Bracketology | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

I think it’s hysterical that so many posters piled on me when I called Red’s first season a bust. While Red did a good job navigating through this challenging year and put up a respectable record, I think it’s fair to still call this season a bust based on what has transpired over the past two weeks and what will transpire over the next few weeks.

FWIW, this is me stating I was right. LOL.
Just for me there is such a big pile of nonsense concerning Red. It was a miracle he did this well. He will reload and those who want different will leave. Sad but true. If Judah leaves for more money good riddance it will not improve his jump shot. There will also be others who leave that cannot compete here or are overestimating their ability. I do not think that is JT btw.

Because I want to support those as passionate as I am. I am through being selfish, it's a hot take but my NIL money will now be funneled to grand-kids college funds. Frankly, I feel it is selfish of me as a grandfather to support players who could only care about themselves over my own flesh and blood.
Not the most popular statement I'll make on a fan board, but I think this is a healthy perspective.

I am disgusted at the so called fans who don't recognize that the world of basketball has changed, and are blaming things on a coach who pulled us to a pretty good first year, and are threatening to withhold donations. Small and petty. This is not 1980 anymore. There was a lot of drama that went with this years team. Red did an amazing job. Many teams turned down the NIT this year.
stop making sense...

Red got stuck with all the sophmores from JB's best class ever, and Bennie was worst then all of them.
I think it possibly may have been his worst class ever, even if you included Starling and Westry from the start. If we got all of them at once you would’ve thought we had a fab 5.

I wish I could share everything from behind the scenes but Im not going to put it out there. I will just say, with this group and some of the nonsense that went on, Red prob aged 7 years. The players that are going to leave are necessary to be leaving. Don’t be critical of Red, he’s doing what is absolutely necessary for the future and state of this program. Trust me on that
I believe except the aging part, he just had an amazing, blessed, expediated learning curve that forced him to be true to himself, like hyper wow!

There are some very good teams in the NIT but it is what it is at this point
I was talking about if we had to play walk-ons like you suggested. Why watch that?

I get it Marsh, really don't need smart ass comments from you.
your commented warranted one. If you dont like it, then stop supporting the team

I think it’s hysterical that so many posters piled on me when I called Red’s first season a bust. While Red did a good job navigating through this challenging year and put up a respectable record, I think it’s fair to still call this season a bust based on what has transpired over the past two weeks and what will transpire over the next few weeks.

FWIW, this is me stating I was right. LOL.

I am going to bookmark this and read it again.. so enlightening and your mother loves you...

before the year started a lot of these players were super excited playing for red…now many want to bail idk I guess we will wait and see for next year the expectation needs to be NCAA tournament every year

SU not included in the “notable declines” on the NIT selection show. Are we no longer notable? :(
I saw that, never felt there would be this low of a level of spit.

Nope. I was right after the BC loss and I’m right today. Season was a bust. Hard to call it a success. It wasn’t a complete and utter failure, but it hasn’t been a successful year. Now it looks like Red is tearing down half the roster. I’m going inclined to still call it a bust. But I’m hopeful Red will get it fixed for next year. He’s at an early inflection point in his coaching career.
I’ve decided to put all my NIL donations into a fund for all posters here that put the guy above on ignore.

I am disgusted at the so called fans who don't recognize that the world of basketball has changed, and are blaming things on a coach who pulled us to a pretty good first year, and are threatening to withhold donations. Small and petty. This is not 1980 anymore. There was a lot of drama that went with this years team. Red did an amazing job. Many teams turned down the NIT this year.

I think if someone is disappointed it should be based on what happened in the last 7 years before Red came in -not Red this year. I know some don't like that, but at least I see what happened before Red as valid tipping points.

But Red seems to have done pretty good all things considered. I don't think Red's performance this year should be the tipping point in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom