No change is going to occur after this season IMO | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

No change is going to occur after this season IMO

I would be surprised if Benny comes back right? Also IMO if Boeheim continues to rail on Jesse I see many programs looking into as a portal addition.
Benny and Jesse will be key players on the team next season.

Bottom line for 22/23...
Buddy/Jimmy/ Cole leave.
The incoming class is thought to be strong...5 new players to join
Jesse, JG, Torrence Anselem and Benny.
A smart coach would take this opportunity to junk the 2-3 zone
and play different defenses. And also run some different offensive sets.
Currently this program is too predictable.
After this season closes at 14-18, Wildhack should meet with JB and discuss what went wrong
in 2022 and what is going to be different in 2022/23.
With all the reno-work done on the dome/athletic facilities, the A.D. cannot afford repeated home games
with less than 17,000 peeps in the seats. It's charitable to say we are becoming a joke as we may be there already. Look at recent win percentage over the last 5 years, look at the players who have left
the program, look at the post game pressers where 1 minute we're told the guys played hard
and then 1 or 2 get thrown under the bus. You think great recruits and their parents
want to come here?
JB built this program but his stubborn ways are tearing it down. If JB refuses to make changes,
then Wildhack has reason to turn...him...loose.
I have said before that JAB should hang them up sooner rather than later. He no longer has the energy to make changes to his system, and his system is not working now. This change of coaches is inevitable, and the change should be made ASAP. We will enter an indeterminate period but it can not be avoided, and delay will only hurt the program long term.

I will have information for everyone at the end of year as far as what next year looks like. But this is as of right now (remember im saying right now) will be happening for next year:

1. JB comes back. That’s guaranteed no questions asked
2. Buddy and Jimmy come back
3. Benny transferring (stop bringing up the article, I have information so just trust me)
4. Taylor will redshirt
5. Copeland is not going to play more than 5 minutes a game because there’s no way JB lets him play the way he’s played in HS. Zero percent chance of that.

I will have information for everyone at the end of year as far as what next year looks like. But this is as of right now (remember im saying right now) will be happening for next year:

3. Benny transferring (stop bringing up the article, I have information so just trust me)
4. Taylor will redshirt
5. Copeland is not going to play more than 5 minutes a game because there’s no way JB lets him play the way he’s played in HS. Zero percent chance of that.
That’s pretty much the same exact roster as far as meaningful minutes. Hard pass.

4. Taylor will redshirt
What the fluck. omg.

4. Taylor will redshirt

Joe/Buddy are gonna play 40 mins/game

4. Taylor will redshirt
You legit think Buddy after going on the news and JB confirming it will come back?
I don’t.

I didn’t believe it till Buddy said it. He wouldn’t say it when he didn’t have too. Buddy isn’t the type of kid who would do thaf.

You legit think Buddy after going on the news and JB confirming it will come back?
I don’t.

I didn’t believe it till Buddy said it. He wouldn’t say it when he didn’t have too. Buddy isn’t the type of kid who would do thaf.
If they keep losing, there is no way he doesn’t come back. He’s not letting his dad go out like that. Trust me

If they keep losing, there is no way he doesn’t come back. He’s not letting his dad go out like that. Trust me
His dad may return but he doesn’t have to comeback with him.

That doesn’t help the situation. I don’t think JB changes anything if they comeback.
Which hurts the situation.

If Buddy was playing 28-32 MPG and we had JG, KR and him rotatjng like we did with our good teams he is fine.

Instead he is playing 35+ 3 years in a row we can’t do it a 4th.

I just can’t see JB letting this be his last year.
He won’t get rid of an assistant but if he did for some reason i think Autry would be the most likely.

We can want to hit the portal but what type of kid can we get with this HC.

I just feel next year it’s going to take a worse season than this one to get change.
Getting to 1k this year would help.
Good points. My thinking is that there would be VERY FEW kids willing to xfer here thru the portal and ride the pine for 1/2 to 3/4 of our games because they don’t know the intricacies of JB’s zone. And if they DO play……get thrown under the bus on national tv.

4. Taylor will redshirt
You think there is any chance the staff changes, and when I say changes I mean on the staff members terms? I can’t see how running it back helps their careers, there I’m sure is hope they get the job when it opens and that would make them stay, but this can’t be good news for any of them.

4. Taylor will redshirt
Well, this depressing.

4. Taylor will redshirt
This sums this post.
noo-no-god-please.gif

4. Taylor will redshirt
Can we just fast forward to 2023?

4. Taylor will redshirt

4. Taylor will redshirt

As always thanks for sharing. This would be an absolute mess. No way it leads us to a better year. Maybe a better record if we don't have a gauntlet like this non conference.. maybe.

I guess if that plays out then the big question marks are Brown and Bunch as frosh and the portal. Assuming Cole is looking at overseas options or coming back?

If JB is clear that the SU community/fanbase is disappointed, he has to know that losing Benny and running it back with his boys is not going to change that sentiment. Would need a major splash in the portal to overcome that. Not sure that is going to even be possible yet pending guys making the move.

Last edited:
That UConn game in the dome is still one of my favorites. Etan stuffing cocky El-Amin was awesome.Even up against the awesome games from the title year and GMac years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom