No second round guarantee for Tyus | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

No second round guarantee for Tyus

Can't you?

WELL, no. Because I actually know what I’m talking about so if I make a comment like Ennis isn’t up to par for the 18th pick. Id hope id know who I’m comparing him to.

This is a tough call since in order to win a NC, he theoretically would have to have shown improvement in the areas mentioned.
Winning a title on the big stage would definitely be the bigger factor, IMO, because that result mitigates any negative subjectivity.
“He carried that team to a NC”, works better than, “His defense, passing, and efficiency have improved”.
Mali, Jonny, even Ennis were all drafted, arguably, due to in-game performances rather than subjective metrics. One man’s “his defense and shooting has improved”, is another man’s “he played in a system that highlighted his attributes, and covered his weaknesses”. The NC trump card mitigates some of that debate. JMHO

Did winning the national championship boost or hurt Jalen Brunson? Or did the body of work over the course of the season do that?

Any team can win a championship with their best player mia if the team does well.

WELL, no. Because I actually know what I’m talking about so if I make a comment like Ennis isn’t up to par for the 18th pick. Id hope id know who I’m comparing him to.
Or you could just post the list instead of asking someone to do it for you.

The problem is ... Huerter's a "3" with no "D". Frank and Tyus were begging for the ball when UM played us so they could drive by him at will. Not sure that bodes well for the NBA .. especially at guard ... unless he's going to be used as a rotation outside sniper like Steve Novak.

I don’t remember them drivin at will against him. I do remember him nailing all of his threes except for 1.

Or you could just post the list instead of asking someone to do it for you.

I wanted the poster to look it up and understand what he was saying was wrong. All good. It’s not that big of a deal

I wanted the poster to look it up and understand what he was saying was wrong. All good. It’s not that big of a deal
Except he's not necessarily wrong. I think it's more useful to look at other PGs who were drafted at or around the 18th pick. By that standard, Ennis is below average.

2009 Ty Lawson
2010 Eric Bledsoe
2011 Chris Singleton
2012 Terrence Jones
2013 Shane Larkin
2015 Sam Dekker

The problem is ... Huerter's a "3" with no "D". Frank and Tyus were begging for the ball when UM played us so they could drive by him at will. Not sure that bodes well for the NBA .. especially at guard ... unless he's going to be used as a rotation outside sniper like Steve Novak.

Which probably will be improved as he tested as athletic as Battle at the combine. I think people are stereotyping a bit here.

2009 Ty Lawson
2010 Eric Bledsoe
2011 Chris Singleton
2012 Terrence Jones
2013 Shane Larkin
2015 Sam Dekker
Thanks.

Just looking at the PGs, Ennis is the worst of the bunch. (I guess you could argue Ennis vs. Larkin, but Larkin has averaged over 3 APG twice while Ennis has yet to do so.)

And when you add in PGs who were drafted between 16th and 20th, it only gets worse for our guy.

The exact 18th pick? Usually around 7 points per game.

I should've elaborated more - right after the lottery you either want a foreigner to stash or a rotational guy - he's on his 4th team in 4 years and is a deep bench player.

Ennis 10000% left at the right time - but he's a below average pick for a guy going 15-20

In fairness, this is going to come down to semantics. We're on the same page with the second half of your post...and just choose to label it differently.

Correct. Bust to me is a top 10 pick. I think ennis has found a role in the NBA - however the role is habitual trade piece and deep bench guy. Hopefully he can find an improvement from that

I remember many people on here saying the key to success was getting a 2nd contract. guess that only applies sometimes.

If you leave early and are the 18th pick in the draft, I think the bar should be higher than "Third-stringer on a bad team, but still getting a paycheck." He doesn't have to be a star player, but would you even say he's a good player at this point?

well maybe you can say he hasn't lived up to the expectations of the 18th draft pick (many haven't) but to say he's been a bust is completely wrong.

I remember many people on here saying the key to success was getting a 2nd contract. guess that only applies sometimes.

Ennis isn't really on his second contract, yet. On 7/5 we'll know of that

EDIT: I am dumb. rrlbees is smart.

Last edited:
Ennis isn't really on his second contract, yet. On 7/5 we'll know of that

yes he is. after he was drafted, he signed a 2 year deal with an option year the 3rd year. then he signed a 2 year deal the Lakers with the 2nd year not guaranteed. that's what he'll find out on 7/5. if not waived by then, he gets that 2nd year.

yes he is. after he was drafted, he signed a 2 year deal with an option year the 3rd year. then he signed a 2 year deal the Lakers with the 2nd year not guaranteed. that's what he'll find out on 7/5. if not waived by then, he gets that 2nd year.

You're right - sorry - read the info too quick. Realized we are in 2017-2018 already haha. I'll edit my original post

You're right - sorry - read the info too quick. Realized we are in 2017-2018 already haha. I'll edit my original post

no big deal.

After next year Tyler Ennis will have 8 million in career earnings. Most people don't make that in a lifetime.

I don’t remember them drivin at will against him. I do remember him nailing all of his threes except for 1.
All day. Pretty sure the Fonz mentioned it during the broadcast.

Which probably will be improved as he tested as athletic as Battle at the combine. I think people are stereotyping a bit here.
It's not stereotyping (at least not intentional) ... just remembering the game. I think LaPhonso mentioned it during the broadcast ... that Frank and Tyus were juking Huerter at will. But no doubt, Huerter can shoot .. he drilled us. Definitely a niche skill that's attractive in the NBA.

It's not stereotyping (at least not intentional) ... just remembering the game. I think LaPhonso mentioned it during the broadcast ... that Frank and Tyus were juking Huerter at will. But no doubt, Huerter can shoot .. he drilled us. Definitely a niche skill that's attractive in the NBA.

My issue was with people who assume Battle will be a good defender and Huerter will not when they tested out as the same athlete at the combine. It makes no sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom