Notre Dame Soldout !! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Soldout !!

its interesting that they do this because if you bet the horses on DRF/TVG you dont get taxed on $600 in winnings for the year only for a single transaction and that limit is going higher pretty soon they say.

Also shouldnt it be on profit of the tickets not the selling of the tickets.. I mean if you buy 2 tickets for $500 and then sell them for $601 do you get dinged? What if you but them for $650 and sell them for $601?

its interesting that they do this because if you bet the horses on DRF/TVG you dont get taxed on $600 in winnings for the year only for a single transaction and that limit is going higher pretty soon they say.

Also shouldnt it be on profit of the tickets not the selling of the tickets.. I mean if you buy 2 tickets for $500 and then sell them for $601 do you get dinged? What if you but them for $650 and sell them for $601?
Ask texascpa but I think the $600 limit is profit over basis (what you paid for tickets that year).

BL: stay under $600

Cut your FSU tix pricing if close

I really loathe this rule that Congress passed

If you are doing a side hustle and use Electronic payment...it is going to bit many in the butt.

In my own case I buy and sell Cuse tix for the tailgates at cost. I need folks to pay me as Friends and Family to avoid a 1099-K. If they send it as a business transaction in the past wasn't a big deal but now screws me over as I'm doing this as a no profit goodwill thing.

If I get one (1099-K)...I'm out of this tailgate deal.

UncleTexanMark (or Aunt, whatever floats your boat)

Ask texascpa but I think the $600 limit is profit over basis (what you paid for tickets that year).
The way I read it...$600 you get a 1099K...theoretically I expect you can report cost vs price sold...but who wants that PIA and a potential audit (doubling IRS employees in next few years)?

All these folks doing side hustles in the past could stay under 200 transactions and $20K from Venmo, etc...and not get bothered. A bunch of them are about to freak out in February.

The way I read it...$600 you get a 1099K...theoretically I expect you can report cost vs price sold...but who wants that PIA and a potential audit (doubling IRS employees in next few years)?

All these folks doing side hustles in the past could stay under 200 transactions and $20K from Venmo, etc...and not get bothered. A bunch of them are about to freak out in February.
I have this going on with Ebay sales now. I dick around on there with buying and selling vintage hockey jerseys and last year I ended up with $13k in sales even though I probably had $10k in costs but certainly never considered keeping any kind of records as it was just something I screwed around with.
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

What’s the ticket map looking like a week and half out?

It’s alright, expect it to pick up going into the weekend

They have begun to lower the prices for the game

I sold my NC State tixs through TM and received an e-mail asking me to provide seller details including my taxpayer id # before I can get paid. Is this legit? It seems like a silly step considering the transaction was done through the same account that they use for all of my ticket purchases.
This happened to me too and I also didn't know if it was legit or not. It is legit. Unless you give them your taxpayer ID you won't get your money back.

Lot of seats left, but it looks like they sold a bunch the last two days. I don’t know if they are holding back many. The fact that there selling top rows would indicate that they are not. For earlier games the entire top half of the upper deck were not opened up.

We'll be expecting your visit to the Fine Mess, er, Syracruz Tail Gate!
I will at the very least stop by. A nooner game makes it difficult, but a 3:30 workable. More likely for Fl. State game. Notre Dame I am with a family of an AZ alum celebrating his 91st birthday at this game. There are 10-12 of us. I have to help him get parked and up to the quad.

I believe so, and I think there is another form you attach with the original price paid. I have mine invoice all ready to attach as I will most likely go over if I sell my single Notre Dame, and definitely if I also sell my single Fl. St. But not when I subtract the price per ticket from my total. Also do we subtract the fees on the tickets and only count what is paid out to us?

0AFF4A4B-109A-49A7-8EC9-E9C6CA7F8ABB.png
Intrigued by the these two in this wedge in 322 for ND game. Anyone ever sit in these wedge spots.

If the boys win this weekend, remaining tickets will move quickly

The $600 threshold is for filing a 1099-Misc, it has nothing to do with whether you need to report the income or not, but hint - you do...regardless if you received a 1099.

I have this going on with Ebay sales now. I dick around on there with buying and selling vintage hockey jerseys and last year I ended up with $13k in sales even though I probably had $10k in costs but certainly never considered keeping any kind of records as it was just something I screwed around with.
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Yeaaaaaaaahhhh, that's taxable. Since these were "vintage" you could argue these were investments and, thus, taxable at capital gains rates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom