now carmelo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

now carmelo

No. No, it's not.

The Bulls second unit? Outside of Carmelo, I'd probably take anyone on their second unit over anyone on the Knicks lol. When Butler comes back, you're talking Gibson (easily better than any other Knicks), Dunleavy or Hinrich (I'd probably take them over the likes of JR/Shump/THJ right now), McDermott (yes), Mirotic (yes), and Brooks (not over Calderon, but over Larkin? yes)

Mirotic is the Bulls #4 big man and he's better than any big man on the Knicks lol.

The Bulls second unit? Outside of Carmelo, I'd probably take anyone on their second unit over anyone on the Knicks lol. When Butler comes back, you're talking Gibson (easily better than any other Knicks), Dunleavy or Hinrich (I'd probably take them over the likes of JR/Shump/THJ right now), McDermott (yes), Mirotic (yes), and Brooks (not over Calderon, but over Larkin? yes)

Mirotic is the Bulls #4 big man and he's better than any big man on the Knicks lol.
Ok, but Melo is still on the Knicks starting unit...

Can we talk about the TNT commentators for a second.. Barkley and Reggie, was that actually a serious attempt at calling a game or just two guys trolling? Totally unprofessional, took about 5,000 shots at the Knicks and even cracked jokes while JR was on the bench in pain after an injury. It's probably entertaining if you're not a fan of the Knicks but those two need some chill in their life. Made the win that much sweeter.

Reggie Miller is the worst, most unlikable basketball media personality ever. I can't stand him. I want to punch him every time I listen to him talk.

This pretty much sums up Reggie, as he actually thinks everyone is laughing at his unfunny comments and gets some false encouragement to keep going.

Barkley is great on Inside the NBA as a role player. He's funny, but when he starts to get dumb they've got Kenny and EJ to take over. He's not cut out to be a commentator though.

is clearly the best player on the floor despite espn paying 1000 dollars a time for their hench men to say lbj is the best player in the game. hes not even number two in this game. he's going to miss flash
No one takes your comments seriously.

Carmelo is 10 for 11 in making the playoffs.

If Carmelo played with Wade and Bosh, he would've done some damage too. No he's not as good as Lebron(that's just igor being igor).
Let's not say "If Carmelo played with Wade and Bosh..." as if he couldn't have set something like that up. He was a free agent. He chose to not team up with other stars.

Last edited:
Let's not say "If Carmelo played with Wade and Bosh..." as if he couldn't have set something like that up. He was a free agent. He chose to not team up with other stars.

Who? What were his options? Take like half of the money and go to Chicago, where Rose is always hurt?

Or go to LA and play for one of the worst teams in the league?

Absolutely nothing like the Miami situation Lebron went to in the summer of 2010.

By the way, Melo probably thought he was teaming up with a superstar when he got to NY. I guess he was supposed to predict that Amare would go from an MVP candidate to a washed up role player in a matter of months.

you and ur fan base are bottom feeders. i'm king of bbasketball knowledge. have few peers. certainly none from this board
You have delusions of grandeur.

Who? What were his options? Take like half of the money and go to Chicago, where Rose is always hurt?

Absolutely nothing like the Miami situation Lebron went to in the summer of 2010.

By the way, Melo probably thought he was teaming up with a superstar when he got to NY. I guess he was supposed to predict that Amare would go from an MVP candidate to a washed up role player in a matter of months.
When he originally left Denver he could've chosen to do it as a free agent and increased his options.

Even this go round, he wouldn't have been taking half the money. It was estimated Chicago could've offered him $16 million/year. Had he done that he would've had a lot more around him, even without Rose. They wouldn't have been names as big as Bosh or Wade, but Noah is probably as good as Bosh at this point and they have great complementary players. You say, "Take like half the money," as if it would put him in the poor house. He's made over $120 million in his career. Taking $6 million less per year to be on a better team would not have been a crazy decision. It was his choice to take more money to play with inferior players.

I've never like Stoudemire. I thought his success was a product of playing with Steve Nash and he never played defense like his athleticism should've allowed him too. I never thought Melo teaming with Amare was a good idea.

When he originally left Denver he could've chosen to do it as a free agent and increased his options.

Even this go round, he wouldn't have been taking half the money. It was estimated Chicago could've offered him $16 million/year. Had he done that he would've had a lot more around him, even without Rose. They wouldn't have been names as big as Bosh or Wade, but Noah is probably as good as Bosh at this point and they have great complementary players. You say, "Take like half the money," as if it would put him in the poor house. He's made over $120 million in his career. Taking $6 million less per year to be on a better team would not have been a crazy decision. It was his choice to take more money to play with inferior players.

I've never like Stoudemire. I thought his success was a product of playing with Steve Nash and he never played defense like his athleticism should've allowed him too. I never thought Melo teaming with Amare was a good idea.

Again though, none of that remotely compares to Lebron's situation in signing with Miami. Chicago without Rose is mediocre. That's less money for a gamble. Miami for Lebron was more money for a sure thing.

And Amare was averaging like 25-26 points per game in NY(no Nash) and getting some MVP talk, until D'Antoni ran him into the ground playing him way too many minutes. He started getting hurt and has been shot ever since. We don't know if Melo teaming with Amare was a good idea because we never really got to see it.

Again though, none of that remotely compares to Lebron's situation in signing with Miami. Chicago without Rose is mediocre. That's less money for a gamble. Miami for Lebron was more money for a sure thing.

And Amare was averaging like 25-26 points per game in NY(no Nash) and getting some MVP talk, until D'Antoni ran him into the ground playing him way too many minutes. He started getting hurt and has been shot ever since. We don't know if Melo teaming with Amare was a good idea because we never really got to see it.
Chicago without Rose is better than NY with Melo. Chicago with Melo would win over 50, probably close to 60 games even without Rose.

Amare ended up being better than I thought he was. Even so, he still never played any defense, and even before he got hurt I didn't think he and Melo were a good match

he could have teamed up Dirk, Monte Ellis & Tyson Chandler in Dallas, or with Harden & Howard in Houston. In neither case would he have been one of the best teams in the West, but he would have had a much better team & more realistic chance than he will ever have in NY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom