NYT does Calipari | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NYT does Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Doc that link is coming any day now. Weedsport knows about the $200 K payment to the Unibrow but the NCAA doesn't know anything about it. And they passed on checking out the Dajuan Coleman house offer, too. Lol
They knew all about the $200K to Cam Newton, and did nothing about it.

How did Calipari get a free pass on anything? His final four was vacated. He's gotten crap from the NCAA, JB has gotten crap from the NCAA. Nobody is calling Cal a saint but don't act like nothing has happened to him.
The schools were penalized. No penalties affected him one bit. He was always somewhere else whenever anything was levied.

Not in love at all. Just get tired of the little girl whining about UK. He pays his players blah blah blah. As for JB and Cal I can't see how he should get the heat for Camby and Rose. The academics? Possibly but then again you're taking everything written in that article at face value when it is clearly slanted.
He should get the heat because he was in charge, just as JB took the heat because he was in charge. Or JB shouldn't take the heat because he wasn't directly involved just as Calipari hasn't because he wasn't directly involved. How do you not see this?

He should get the heat because he was in charge, just as JB took the heat because he was in charge. Or JB shouldn't take the heat because he wasn't directly involved just as Calipari hasn't because he wasn't directly involved. How do you not see this?

So your beeft is with the NCAA, not JC.

That is a cop out, the question is why does the ncaa single out JB (ie "atmosphere of compliance") but not JC? What qualities does JC have to evade such judgement but not JB despite both turning a blind eye for decades (as most high level coaches choose to do- ie see K and Sulamon/Thomas/Magette or look at Roy and that "dept" at UNC). My guess is it has something to do with $ and playin ball (and i dont mean basketball obviously). And then in terms of JB vs JC, you look at which coach stayed loyal to their U and which one cut and run multiple times. Who was treated better? Yes the ncaa is at best uneven and at worst crooked but the heart of the matter is what quality do those "favored" coaches/programs have? I wonder if there is any coincidence that Emmert has made both tons of $ (both for himself and the U) and institutional messes at multiple U's then cut and run and so has JC. And they both sit on top of college bball right now. And my wild guess is that is why Knight and Chaney have so little respect for JC. Probably a lot of people agree w them

My beef is with the NCAA. I don't like JC because I think he's dirty.

In regards to my previous post I was arguing a specific point. I've argued other points in other posts.

Some people want proof like theres a detailed report of dates and times of when Calipari cheated written in a newspaper article , than at the same time believe the NCAA report verbatim on the alleged accusations on our basketball team. I find the double standard hilarious lol.

OK, I'll rephrase - I think Cal acts in the kids interests more than the NCAA does. And I think if you asked these kids 10 years later, they'd agree.
I can see that, but I don't think that's as relevant as you do. Of course they think it because they want to get paid to play basketball and couldn't care less about having to go school. I think the NCAA has a responsibility to maintain competitive fairness among member schools and keep the student part in student-athlete (whether they do a good job of this is certainly questionable). I don't think it's their responsibility to make sure guys get paid.

If Cal is so concerned with making sure these guys get taken care of before they're eligible for the NBA, he should start his own minor league instead of doing what he can to usurp rules that the member institutions have agreed to.

I can see that, but I don't think that's as relevant as you do. Of course they think it because they want to get paid to play basketball and couldn't care less about having to go school. I think the NCAA has a responsibility to maintain competitive fairness among member schools and keep the student part in student-athlete (whether they do a good job of this is certainly questionable). I don't think it's their responsibility to make sure guys get paid.

If Cal is so concerned with making sure these guys get taken care of before they're eligible for the NBA, he should start his own minor league instead of doing what he can to usurp rules that the member institutions have agreed to.
And I agree that if he broke the rules, he should be held accountable. My main point is that I don't think how Cal treats his players is the biggest problem in college basketball. The NCAA has a stronghold on coaches and media time. Rather than a minor league, I think we need to change some of the rules, especially when it comes to football and men's basketball. But yes, you are right that it's probably not in the kids best interest to learn to cheat when they don't like the rules.

Another thing that hasn't been discussed here is Dakari. He seemed to always be a SU lean and made a statement somewhere along the lines of, "I am going to wait to make a decision." Then one night World Wide Wes shows up to see one of his games and the next day, let me say that again, the next day, he commits to KU. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Some people want proof like theres a detailed report of dates and times of when Calipari cheated written in a newspaper article , than at the same time believe the NCAA report verbatim on the alleged accusations on our basketball team. I find the double standard hilarious lol.
You do realize there is no kentucky fans on this forum, right?

Another thing that hasn't been discussed here is Dakari. He seemed to always be a SU lean and made a statement somewhere along the lines of, "I am going to wait to make a decision." Then one night World Wide Wes shows up to see one of his games and the next day, let me say that again, the next day, he commits to KU. Nothing to see here, just move along.

I don't think there was anything that was non-legit with Dakari. He was originally from NYC, and the family liked us--quite a bit. But at the time, we had Coleman / Rak [two McDonald's all american bigs], and they were looking for a guaranteed starting opportunity [I know, I know...]. He also envisioned himself to be a likely one-and-done, so he wanted to make a splash freshman year.

The funny thing is, he went to UK and didn't start last year--or this year--and he ended up not being a one-and-done. So...

But I don't think he got paid off or that any other infraction occurred. We were high on Dakari's list early, but he just began looking elsewhere when it appeared that we were stocked in the pivot.

I don't think there was anything that was non-legit with Dakari. He was originally from NYC, and the family liked us--quite a bit. But at the time, we had Coleman / Rak [two McDonald's all american bigs], and they were looking for a guaranteed starting opportunity [I know, I know...]. He also envisioned himself to be a likely one-and-done, so he wanted to make a splash freshman year.

The funny thing is, he went to UK and didn't start last year--or this year--and he ended up not being a one-and-done. So...

But I don't think he got paid off or that any other infraction occurred. We were high on Dakari's list early, but he just began looking elsewhere when it appeared that we were stocked in the pivot.
but that is the hypocrisy of ncaa. The Y cant give some kids 8k but WWW can sit directly behind the bench at last nights Uk game? Its just completely a joke. It should be very unsettling, if you are a Cuse fan, to watch what just got handed down to JB and SU and then watch Cal and UK give seats to WWW in the family section of a sweet 16 game. Again its all hypocrisy of the highest level imo

But when WWW was sitting in the stands at Dakari's game it seems he was spotted siting with Dakari's mom. Here is a link with some interesting info on WWW.

http://www.fromthisseat.com/index.p...liam-worldwide-wes-wesley-cheating-the-system

I was at that game, Dakari came up to NJ for a tourney, looking like a Cuse lean then Pow. Straight Cash Money. Wes is a dirtbag. Might even have a profile on this site ;)
tumblr_m8z012cInc1rvmpouo1_500.gif

They knew all about the $200K to Cam Newton, and did nothing about it.

I'm agnostic, longtimer. I am not saying it happened and not saying it didn't. I don't know and neither does any poster on this board. I do know that right now it would make zero sense for UK to pay players. They don't need to- they get whomever they want anyway.

I was at that game, Dakari came up to NJ for a tourney, looking like a Cuse lean then Pow. Straight Cash Money. Wes is a dirtbag. Might even have a profile on this site ;)
tumblr_m8z012cInc1rvmpouo1_500.gif

Lookin' like a Cuse lean? I guess you had the inside word straight from his family, huh?

He went to Kansas?

Status
Not open for further replies.