O-line play was scary bad... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

O-line play was scary bad...

Go ahead and show me one post where I wanted to give GRob more time ... don't worry I'll wait. Just a hint you won't find one ... there are a lot of things that seem to get past you though.
Even funnier...is that tipphill "likes" every post.

I'm thinking that the old golden retriever is the brains behind this operation and the others are simply wannabes.

Even funnier...is that tipphill "likes" every post.

I'm thinking that the old golden retriever is the brains behind this operation and the others are simply wannabes.

I don't think insulting the dog is a good way to go ... :)

Ward treated his signing day press conference like it was the pinnacle of his career. Compare that to Aaron Roberts who was thankful to get a last minute offer from Shafer flipping him from a MAC school and you can see that drive means more than size.
SU was on Roberts for awhile. Which MAC school was he already committed to, Illinois?! As Roger Clemens would say, I think you are "misremembering".

SU was on Roberts for awhile. Which MAC school was he already committed to, Illinois?! As Roger Clemens would say, I think you are "misremembering".

Yea, i was wrong...another poster pointed that out and I made amends, or so I thought. Illinois was the only other P5 offer he got along with all the MAC schools. My bias is that Illinois may as well be a MAC school, but that's neither here nor there. The point was that Roberts has seemed like a blue collar hard working brawler all along while I've never gotten that impression from Ward.

Yea, i was wrong...another poster pointed that out and I made amends, or so I thought. Illinois was the only other P5 offer he got along with all the MAC schools. My bias is that Illinois may as well be a MAC school, but that's neither here nor there. The point was that Roberts has seemed like a blue collar hard working brawler all along while I've never gotten that impression from Ward.
I should've read the entire thread before responding. I didn't see that you had responded already. Sorry about that. Roberts will be a solid starter for SU for multiple years. I'm not sure what's happening with Ward. I thought he was the better prospect of the two. It's still early in the game to write him off though. Some players don't develop as fast as others. Maybe having a new crop of lineman coming in and crowding the depth chart will help motivate him. Step up or get stepped over.

I should've read the entire thread before responding. I didn't see that you had responded already. Sorry about that. Roberts will be a solid starter for SU for multiple years. I'm not sure what's happening with Ward. I thought he was the better prospect of the two. It's still early in the game to write him off though. Some players don't develop as fast as others. Maybe having a new crop of lineman coming in and crowding the depth chart will help motivate him. Step up or get stepped over.

Based on what has been written on the board it sounds like a weight issue ... he had a ton of offers they need to get him on the field ASAP!

of course i would respect a dissenting opinion. to assume i am totally right would be ignorant and arrogant,wouldn't it ? think about that:noidea:

As much as I have enjoyed the bickering in this thread, it is time to cool it, gentlemen.

image.jpg

I also thought he got an Oklahoma offer. Maybe it was just strong interest.