O-line play was scary bad... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

O-line play was scary bad...

kids never gave up on the great guru - he was a likable guy-he was never satisfied with his record

neither one have squat to do with being a legit coach at the div1 level

but if we dont agree with you we are just plain stupid-we didnt hire george the great as oc did we- we didnt hire a oline coach with almost no experience coaching the position did we

last year was such a huge and utter disappointment and disaster that it looked like a copy of any great guru years

you found excuses for 4 years for groober- yet he never got being a head coach-

rosconey said:
kids never gave up on the great guru - he was a likable guy-he was never satisfied with his record neither one have squat to do with being a legit coach at the div1 level but if we dont agree with you we are just plain stupid-we didnt hire george the great as oc did we- we didnt hire a oline coach with almost no experience coaching the position did we last year was such a huge and utter disappointment and disaster that it looked like a copy of any great guru years you found excuses for 4 years for groober- yet he never got being a head coach-

This reads like a crazy person screaming into a storm. I got nothing.

This reads like a crazy person screaming into a storm. I got nothing.
dont care if you did- im sick of reading excuse after excuse for why hcss failed miserably last season- hes a great guy- kids never quit - he wasnt satisfied with the record ect ect-

we had one of the worse seasons in su history - and you guys still find excuses to justify a kneejerk hire to keep a class together

Agreed. First step is average offensive production... Big important hill to climb.

Completely agree. IMO, that will be the factor that either saves Shafer's job or results in him being dismissed. Offensive production needs to get fixed. And if it does, I think we can be a perennial 8-9 win kind of team.

But as you state, its a big "if"

dont care if you did- im sick of reading excuse after excuse for why hcss failed miserably last season- hes a great guy- kids never quit - he wasnt satisfied with the record ect ect-

we had one of the worse seasons in su history - and you guys still find excuses to justify a kneejerk hire to keep a class together

You have the patience of a two year old. It takes time to bring a program back; certainly more than 2-3 years.

You have the patience of a two year old. It takes time to bring a program back; certainly more than 2-3 years.
bring it back? what did marrone do?

looks to me your just another excuse monger

rosconey said:
dont care if you did- im sick of reading excuse after excuse for why hcss failed miserably last season- hes a great guy- kids never quit - he wasnt satisfied with the record ect ect- we had one of the worse seasons in su history - and you guys still find excuses to justify a kneejerk hire to keep a class together

Actually it would be weirder for a team to fail and NOT have reasons (or "excuses" as you call them). I'm also not absolving Shafer from the results. He needs to do better.

But if you think for a second that being a quality human being and being a leader the kids don't quit on isn't valuable to the University - then maybe Rutgers is more your flavor?

Lots of good things (including recruiting) are happening with SS. The w-l record is the most important and must be fixed, but don't dismiss the rest of it.

bring it back? what did marrone do?

looks to me your just another excuse monger
One good year in 4 ,after the worst 4 years in school history isn't bringing the program back. All that did was get us back to being less then average. We still have a long way to go before the program is back to where Mac left it.

You know his son just chose us over Florida - primarily - because he believes in this staff, right?

Florida wanted him playing as a true freshman, so did Vanderbilt. He turned down Penn State, too, believe it or not. Ole Miss would've offered had he not reaffirmed his commitment to Syracuse. They were trying to make room for Steven and asked him to give them a week to make it happen. Steven had options; they were good ones, too. He chose Syracuse. Coach Shafer was a big part of that.

To be fair we are entering year 7 of the rebuild process, and most would agree that Shafer was handed a program on the upswing. One of the main reasons they promoted Shafer was to keep the continuity going. Nobody is doubting Shafer is a great guy, and is a hell of a defensive mind, but we're going to need to see results this year. Marrone did the grunt work of the rebuilding process, Shafer is supposed to take it to the next level. Hopefully this year can be our breakout year. I have been looking to 2015 as our coming out party for 3 years now (mainly based on experienced OL, experienced qb, and reliable defense). I admit I am far less confident in that now, but I will gladly be surprised.

kids never gave up on the great guru - he was a likable guy-he was never satisfied with his record

neither one have squat to do with being a legit coach at the div1 level

but if we dont agree with you we are just plain stupid-we didnt hire george the great as oc did we- we didnt hire a oline coach with almost no experience coaching the position did we

last year was such a huge and utter disappointment and disaster that it looked like a copy of any great guru years

you found excuses for 4 years for groober- yet he never got being a head coach-

I never said anyone was stupid for not agreeing ... what I said was he doesn't have a maturity issue which is something you seem to struggle with based on your incoherent ramblings. I also said anyone who makes issues of the whole ISIS thing is stupid and obviously needs something to bitch about I have made no excuses for Shafer in this thread or otherwise. I think you really need to take a timeout ... go call your mom and ask for the hugs she neglected to give you as a child because you are lashing out like a jackass and doing so with what appears to be no knowledge of anything other than how many wins the team had last year.

whatever mr know it all

ive found those who think they are above other usually aint even close- most times just fools who act like they are the cats fanny when in fact they are just what comes out of it-

i think your the one who never got any honest hugs- just your mom constantly telling you how great you were because she was worried about all your shortcomings as a man

whatever mr know it all

ive found those who think they are above other usually aint even close- most times just fools who act like they are the cats fanny when in fact they are just what comes out of it-

i think your the one who never got any honest hugs- just your mom constantly telling you how great you were because she was worried about all your shortcomings as a man

LOL ... so that is your schtick? Want to borrow some more material or will all that time in the basement surfing the internet allow you to borrow some more gems. Just because you sound like a gigantic whining pompous jackass leads me to believe that you don't know a thing ... based on your incoherent ramblings I'm willing to bet your cries here for attention on this board aren't getting you too far. I mean really how could some basement bound tough guy know more about the staff, Coach Shafer or anything related to this program than a guy who has actually spent time with them and is sending their son their to play football for them. I'll take bcubs and his knowledge of how things truly are over someone who obviously has some anger issues and maybe a little bit of Napoleon syndrome to boot.

whatever mr know it all

And of course you make this idiotic post without addressing anything I said above ... wow you are a real gem.

wfschrec said:
And of course you make this idiotic post without addressing anything I said above ... wow you are a real gem.

I'm just surprised he's here. Usually waits for a loss.

I'm just surprised he's here. Usually waits for a loss.

I would wager the dog in his avatar stopped paying attention to him as well ... the dude is probably lonely.

the same crew who wanted to give groober more time thinks im ignorant- what a hoot-

im glad i dont have the same train of thought as those who were happy under the great guru- shows im sane

the same crew who wanted to give groober more time thinks im ignorant- what a hoot-

im glad i dont have the same train of thought as those who were happy under the great guru- shows im sane

Go ahead and show me one post where I wanted to give GRob more time ... don't worry I'll wait. Just a hint you won't find one ... there are a lot of things that seem to get past you though.

wfschrec said:
Go ahead and show me one post where I wanted to give GRob more time ... don't worry I'll wait. Just a hint you won't find one ... there are a lot of things that seem to get past you though.

Yeah - I didn't even post back then. So I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Yeah - I didn't even post back then. So I'm not sure what he's talking about.

He isn't sure what he is talking about either ... so its all good ... level playing field and all that. :)

Looks to me you just like to bitch. Must suck to be so bitter...
a lot more than shafer. the point is that he had a more professional approach--- and more confidence