Official 2014 National LOI Day Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2014 National LOI Day Thread

Out of all of the WRs, Ishmael has the best shot at the NFL. Just my opinion.

I see Enoicy as a tight end. Kind of like a Vernon Davis. Just needs to put on weigh, which he will.

I see Enoicy as a tight end. Kind of like a Vernon Davis. Just needs to put on weigh, which he will.

All depends on how these kids hold extra muscle. Custis and Enoicy are candidates at TE, but we will see how they physically develop first.

Damn ESPN has us #13 in ACC recruiting and we should be higher than that...
Despite our season we're viewed as a lower quality program in the conference still. That perception will change.

And hey, maybe we do have the 13th best class in the ACC. Doesn't mean that our coaching staff can't get more production out of those players than 13th place finishes.

Wow Maryland just landed Damian Prince. #3 OT.

Eric White‏@EricWhiteCuse21 secs
Can't wait to watch my man @JamalCustis6 catch TD passes and alley-oops! #CUSE14

BftzuoKCMAADHUv.jpg
I'd be ok taking the 15 yards if he dunked it over the goalpost on the first drive of the Fla St game in the dome my birthday weekend.

Orangejet said:
Damn ESPN has us #13 in ACC recruiting and we should be higher than that...

It's all relative. We have a great class for SU. Maybe our best in years. But other schools may have gotten great classes for them too which "might" be better than ours.

We'll find out on the field.

our class over at rvls is rated low because of their stupid arbitrary numeric rating system. Rvls has a numeric point system assigned to kids in addition to stars. The majority of our recruits are rated 3 stars. Their numeric rating for a 3 star kid is 5.5 to 5.7. Most of our 3 star kids are rated 5.5 - the lowest - so it hammers our ratings. If kids like Slayton and Roberts and Cooper were more accurately rated at say 5.7 we'd be in the 30 range for class ranking.

And lets be honest here, Steve Ishmael should be a 4 star kid.

so who are we waiting on? just the 11am announcement?

From cuse.com:

Fans are invited to watch head coach Shafer's NLI Signing Day press conference today at 3:45 pm live on www.Cuse.com. Shafer will break down the entire class.

In addition, Shafer will join ESPNU and CBSSports.com Signing Day programs this afternoon. He will be on CBSSports.com with Bruce Feldman, Jeremy Fowler and Adam Aizer at 4:40 pm and on ESPNU with Dari Nowkhah at 4:50 pm.

For a local flavor, fans can watch Time Warner Cable SportsChannel's live "Syracuse Football Signing Day Special" today at 4:00 p.m. ET across the state of New York. The one-hour live special hosted by Time Warner Cable News Sports Director Mark Larson will carry Shafer's press conference from Manley Field House and feature live interviews on site with Syracuse recruiting coordinators and Pro Football Hall of Famer and Syracuse legend
Floyd Little.
Exciting that they're communicating with the fanbase more than Marrone seemed to like to do.