Official 2014 National LOI Day Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2014 National LOI Day Thread

our class over at rvls is rated low because of their stupid arbitrary numeric rating system. Rvls has a numeric point system assigned to kids in addition to stars. The majority of our recruits are rated 3 stars. Their numeric rating for a 3 star kid is 5.5 to 5.7. Most of our 3 star kids are rated 5.5 - the lowest - so it hammers our ratings. If kids like Slayton and Roberts and Cooper were more accurately rated at say 5.7 we'd be in the 30 range for class ranking.

And lets be honest here, Steve Ishmael should be a 4 star kid.

There is no doubt that all of this must be taken with a handful of salt.

By all appearances, this is SU's best class in years, especially in terms of targeting potential play makers at WR and DB - areas that are clearing lacking in talent relative to the top half of the ACC. The goal going forward is to win, get to a decent bowl (the talk about 9 wins next year is way off base, IMO), and then, most importantly, stacking good recruiting classes on top of good recruiting classes.

This year's results, both on the field and now with recruiting, was a crucial next step in the climb back to respectability.

I love getting Ward. I'll love it more when kids stop trying to be like LeBron and saying "I'm taking my talents to..."

Great get for the program.

Syracuse Football‏@syrfootball37 secs
Denzel Ward, offensive lineman from Chicago, announced he will attend Syracuse. Orange now have two offensive linemen in class of 2014.

Wow, nice! Welcome to the Syracuse family, gentlemen!

whoever the film analys is compared him to former teammte bryant mckinnie. nfl potential.

Thats still silly. If you just look at teams above us, they have much less than us.
i dont care if we are 94 though, this is our best class in a decade.

Oh hell yes. This is a top 30 class IMO. So many potential great players. Kudos to the coaching staff for their hard work.

Up to #52 in Rivals

For perspective, Rutgers is #54