Ogundeko | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
That also the order of his visits in reverse ... get the last visit and things will change

For the recruiting junkies in case you missed it in OEs articles this morning.

PSAL football notebook: Ogundeko down to three; King MVP of Upstate-Downstate Classic

By ZACH BRAZILLER
Last Updated: 2:09 AM, June 12, 2012
Posted: 1:19 AM, June 12, 2012

More Print
Ebenezer Ogundeko is ready to end the suspense.
Thomas Jefferson’s standout defensive end/outside linebacker, who has received over 20 BCS-level scholarship offers, has cut his list down to three – Notre Dame, Florida and Syracuse – and plans to announce his decision by the end of June or early in July, he said.
“I think it’s the best decision for me to get it out of the way, focus on my season and stuff like that, that’s important for me,” said the 6-foot-4, 240-pound standout, who amassed 79 tackles and 11 sacks in leading Jefferson to the PSAL City Championship division quarterfinals last winter. “Nothing happened, I just really felt it was time to take my time off [from school] getting better. If I make my decision, I have the whole summer to keep on getting better. It will benefit me for my future.”

Ogundeko cut down his list to Syracuse, Notre Dame and Florida, which he visited over the weekend, because “each of those schools have big-time recruits that came out of New York and I felt a connection with the schools,” he said. “I can see myself playing for one of those schools.”
Ogundeko has previously said Notre Dame was his leader, but the standout junior now says the three are on equal footing. They each offer different qualities that intrigue Ogundeko, he said.
Syracuse was the first school to offer him a scholarship back in February, have made him a priority and would give him the opportunity to play a bevy of former city standouts. He enjoyed his visit to Florida, in which he met the entire coaching staff and sat down with head coach Will Muschamp. He stayed with defensive tackle Dominique Easley, the former Curtis star, and was impressed by the school’s facilities and winning pedigree. As far as Notre Dame, the famed South Bend, Ind. school has the best combination of academics and athletics, he said, and would give a great opportunity to get to the next level.
“I’m going to the school that best fits me,” he said. “I’m not worrying about not playing. I know whatever school I go to I can play. I’m going to have that kind of confidence.”
Ogundeko said he isn't worried about not being able to take official visits because he's been to all three schools. He also maintained he won't change his mind again about a commitment date after initially saying he would decide in December, then during the Under-Amour All-American Game.
"It's a definite," he said.

For the recruiting junkies in case you missed it in OEs articles this morning.

PSAL football notebook: Ogundeko down to three; King MVP of Upstate-Downstate Classic

By ZACH BRAZILLER
Last Updated: 2:09 AM, June 12, 2012
Posted: 1:19 AM, June 12, 2012

More Print
Ebenezer Ogundeko is ready to end the suspense.
Thomas Jefferson’s standout defensive end/outside linebacker, who has received over 20 BCS-level scholarship offers, has cut his list down to three – Notre Dame, Florida and Syracuse – and plans to announce his decision by the end of June or early in July, he said.
“I think it’s the best decision for me to get it out of the way, focus on my season and stuff like that, that’s important for me,” said the 6-foot-4, 240-pound standout, who amassed 79 tackles and 11 sacks in leading Jefferson to the PSAL City Championship division quarterfinals last winter. “Nothing happened, I just really felt it was time to take my time off [from school] getting better. If I make my decision, I have the whole summer to keep on getting better. It will benefit me for my future.”

Ogundeko cut down his list to Syracuse, Notre Dame and Florida, which he visited over the weekend, because “each of those schools have big-time recruits that came out of New York and I felt a connection with the schools,” he said. “I can see myself playing for one of those schools.”
Ogundeko has previously said Notre Dame was his leader, but the standout junior now says the three are on equal footing. They each offer different qualities that intrigue Ogundeko, he said.
Syracuse was the first school to offer him a scholarship back in February, have made him a priority and would give him the opportunity to play a bevy of former city standouts. He enjoyed his visit to Florida, in which he met the entire coaching staff and sat down with head coach Will Muschamp. He stayed with defensive tackle Dominique Easley, the former Curtis star, and was impressed by the school’s facilities and winning pedigree. As far as Notre Dame, the famed South Bend, Ind. school has the best combination of academics and athletics, he said, and would give a great opportunity to get to the next level.
“I’m going to the school that best fits me,” he said. “I’m not worrying about not playing. I know whatever school I go to I can play. I’m going to have that kind of confidence.”
Ogundeko said he isn't worried about not being able to take official visits because he's been to all three schools. He also maintained he won't change his mind again about a commitment date after initially saying he would decide in December, then during the Under-Amour All-American Game.
"It's a definite," he said.

If we don't get another visit - as was planned - then I'd have to believe we're out of it.

The Gus factor. Keep the faith.

Supposedly, according to TOS, Gus is getting ready to announce also.
Notice that there is no mention of wanting to go to college with Gus anymore.
I'm starting to wonder if Gus has been thrown under the bus.

Supposedly, according to TOS, Gus is getting ready to announce also.
Notice that there is no mention of wanting to go to college with Gus anymore.
I'm starting to wonder if Gus has been thrown under the bus.

idk, the article does mention that Syracuse also gives him the opportunity to play with a bevy of (former) city standouts.

As has been mentioned many times recently, Syracuse football rarely (never) wins these battles. However, if there was ever one to win, it probably be this one... NYC kid, close friends on the team, DM is his first offer... If it's ever gonna happen, I'd put my odds on this being the one...

Would love to see what is going on behind the scenes.

Yeah his comment about playing time indicates to me Cuse is out.

Would be huge if we could somehow get him back on campus one more time before he announces (preferably w/ his mother).

Re: Florida - is it permissible to "meet with the entire coaching staff" on an unofficial visit?

Would love to see what is going on behind the scenes.

All it indicates to me is that he's confident in his abilities. If he was really concerned about PT ND, Florida or any football factory type school would be off his list. The fact that SU is in his final 3 even though PT isn't a factor indicate how strong SU appeals to him in other areas vs. schools like Florida and ND and that's pretty impressive.

why wouldn't it be?

IDK - that's why I asked the question. What exactly distinguishes an official visit from an unofficial one - aside I guess from picking up travel costs?

IDK - that's why I asked the question. What exactly distinguishes an official visit from an unofficial one - aside I guess from picking up travel costs?

Fl was having a camp Saturday with about 33 prospects in attendance.

The Gus factor. Keep the faith.
I would like to say that comes into play here. I would say if it is true that his Mom wants him at SU, then factor in Gus, well we have a great shot. But knowing Kelly, and now Florida as well in the mix, we will just have to sit on this a bit. I can only say I bet DM said it straight to the kid as far as playing here at SU, not so sure the others follow the same pathway with their recruits. They say nice guys finish last, and maybe that was the case with a couple of lost big time recruits out of NY, maybe, just maybe now this time will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.