OK Insiders | Syracusefan.com

OK Insiders

SWC75

Bored Historian
Before the Final Four run there was a lot of talk about the misfortunes that will befall the Syracuse program once the season is over. Specifics were not offered: we were just to be worried - very worried!. We all kind of agreed to wait until after the tournament to begin worrying - we just wanted to enjoy the basketball for now.

Well that's over. I still don't expect specifics, but can you tell us:

- The likelihood that the NCAA is preparing to do something very bad to SU basketball.

- The likelihood that it could impact whether players we think are returning will really be on next year's team.

- The likelihood that newcomers we are expecting to be on next year's team will not be.

- The likelihood that next year's team will not be eligible for post-season play.

- The likelihood that Jim Boeheim will not coach next year's team.

Then we will all know just how worried we need to be. Thank you.

Before the Final Four run there was a lot of talk about the misfortunes that will befall the Syracuse program once the season is over. Specifics were not offered: we were just to be worried - very worried!. We all kind of agreed to wait until after the tournament to begin worrying - we just wanted to enjoy the basketball for now.

Well that's over. I still don't expect specifics, but can you tell us:

- The likelihood that the NCAA is preparing to do something very bad to SU basketball.

- The likelihood that it could impact whether players we think are returning will really be on next year's team.

- The likelihood that newcomers we are expecting to be on next year's team will not be.

- The likelihood that next year's team will not be eligible for post-season play.

- The likelihood that Jim Boeheim will not coach next year's team.

Then we will all know just how worried we need to be. Thank you.

I will add:

The likelihood that anyone who responds to this post has any real information

Keep Calm SU Football.jpg

Anyone want to actually answer the question(s)?

I have 6 likes so far and a couple of snarky replies but no answers.

Well the crazy tweets on twitter are starting...

Arizona_Triangle@Arizona_Triangl9 Apr
BOOM News! Syracuse to announce sanctions. @NYCHoops Was offered 4 year sanctions or Death Penalty. #cuse

BOOM News! Syracuse to announce sanctions. @NYCHoops Was offered 4 year sanctions or Death Penalty. #cuse

Damn!!! NCAA must be really, really, really pissed at kensucky if this is the case!!

Seriously...I really doubt this twitter post...there has to be major, serious, almost SMU-like violations to occur when death penalty is on the table...and we would definitely know by now if that was the case. Plus JB would not be talking about coaching next year...so not really worried at this point.

This is going to be interesting.

Ancient Japanese curse: may you live an 'interesting' life".

I'm just trying to find out how interesting this could get.

Your buddy in Arizona wears a tin foil hat and hides from invisible helicopters. Read some of his tweets for a good laugh. :D

Yeah because they just received the letter of inquiry before the tournament started, I'm sure the NCAA investigated everything, went through the 60 day waiting period, SU appealed and wait a minute...there wasn't enough time for any of that to happen...

Really? Some guy in Arizona has out scooped the East Coast media guys? Does he also report on lights in the sky over Area 51?

ACC rumors prompts your Kaiser to state emphatically 'where theres smoke, theres fire.'

sanctions rumors prompts your Kaiser to state empatically 'where theres smoke, theres fire.'

FWIW: total 3rd hand hearsay: probation, no tournament for a year, forfeited games. Won't impact McCullough

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I may be done with college hoops if this is true. Are you telling me all these other programs are squeaky clean and we get hammered?

I don't believe 99 percent of the bs on this board. Our fans spew more garbage about our own program than non SU fans.

I can picture the tense meeting where they discuss this choice. DG at head of table, lackey speaks up "I've looked at it every which way and I think death penalty is a better option than 4 years of sanctions." DG: <presses button on table, lackey falls through the floor and is devoured by mutant seabass with freaking laser beams on their heads>. Yahoo Sports breaks the news the following day with headline "Syracuse AD Feels Every Creature Deserves Warm Meal".

FWIW: total 3rd hand hearsay: probation, no tournament for a year, forfeited games. Won't impact McCullough

I don't know how anyone could say something wouldn't impact a recruit coming here, especially one that hasn't signed. Hell, Kentucky could go after him with a bag of money tomorrow and he could be gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom